Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This really is a fascinating case with so many odd twists.
First, let me say that I pray that this young woman is alive and is found safe. This being said, the odds are highly against that for all the reasons we know. None the less, prayers continue.

My general approach to sleuthing is to stick to probabilities, and stay away from "martian abduction" theories, or outside possibilities. I have found through my various data models that crimes follow a pattern, and humans are quite predictable. (How many of you women have a valuable like jewelry in your underware drawer right now? Bingo....) ; )
So I have tried to take the same approach with Jenny and this case. Stick to the most likely, and stay away from far fetched theories.

The gal had been backpacking through a dangerous place to backpack, was last seen getting in to a Corona truck and has vanished. No cooperation (yet) from Corona. Sounds pretty straight forward to me.
BUT....something about this case is so very very "hinky". And I really don't think like this normally, I just stick to the facts and the data. But somethin' ain't adding up here folks. And while I pooh-poohed many of your suggestions originally, I am starting to believe that they have merit. Lots of merit.

I really hope that I'm wrong. I really pray Jenny is found safe and can go home to her parents in China which sounds like where she needs to be, IMO. Happy wives don't go "adventuring" for months at a time without their husbands unless they are on a scientific exploration, a medical mission, etc. This is hinky, hinky, hinky. All opinion, of course.

Thanks is so much for posting Jenny's very interesting Weibo comments, slowpoke. Coupled with her comment about facing her fears, I now wonder if she suffered from an anxiety disorder, when she refers to not being able to let things come and go. I'm not trying to diagnose...just make sense of Jenny so deliberately taking such risks in the face of fear. Anxiety now makes more sense to me than bipolar disorder.

Of course, bipolar disorder comes in several forms, so her friend may have a more extreme form like bipolar I. Jenny could have a less extreme form, I suppose. In any case, it's admirable that she has such an open-minded view of mental illness. I hope JR was understanding of whatever sent Jenny to a psychiatrist.

None of my curiosity about Jenny's mental state helps to find her, but I'm always interested in what motivates people to do what they do.

I share your hope that Jenny's Asian appearance and personality are memorable enough that someone will remember her well enough to help find her.
JMO

Regarding rosesfromangels' comment "Further, to be blunt, you don't see many Asian people in Mexico. You really don't.":
Her Asian appearance, then, coupled with her lack of social boundaries would have made her easily stand out and remembered by people no matter where she traveled in Mexico. That is the good thing about trying to find her.

And on the subject of Jenny seeing a psychiatrist, I thought I'd again post where this information came from. It was in Jenny's own words, from her Weibo writings. It is part of her 21-day gratitude challenge where she lists 3 things she is grateful for, then also lists exercise, meditation and a random act of kindness. This one is dated 12/25/2015, under Meditation. I realize for some, the weibo links won't open (I can open it on my desktop, but not on my ipad. Don't know why) so here's that part of the text, in addition to the link: http://t.cn/R4qF3aM

"Meditation: 10 min. i made decision about going back to visit my psychiatrist regularly ( no, I am not rich or crazy). I recognize I still can't let things come and go."

Reading her weibo again, I found a place where she actually writes of the disorder, on 12/17/15. Again, this is in her gratitude journaling. But, not of her having the disorder, but a friend. She lists this as #3 of things to be grateful for. It doesn't sound like Jenny believes she has bipolar disorder, then, by what she writes here. (I've taken out the name of the friend):
http://t.cn/R4LJnWF

"3)Knowing more about what is bipolar. My curiosity made me want to know what bipolar feels like? Why [friend's name] suddenly becoming talked so fast, so much, so nonsense. It's very interesting to know what is going on her brain. I am glad here America is a place to openly able me to discover anything I want to know, and to be rational, scientific about it. Tons of bipolar people willing to talk about what is mental hospital like? They are soo open about it, and wish their sickness can help normal people understand and be aware of it. In China, one of my cousin has bipolar too, but the opposite, hiding it, not allow to talk about it. That's why so many people will have wrong judgement, think mental illness is scary."

She does mention this person's name who she talks about in more posts, and calls her a friend. It seems she is very tolerant of this person's behavior, looking at it with a very curious, studying attitude. I imagine it could be possible she does see something of herself in her friend with mental illness struggles, and that's where her interest and tolerance is coming from? She does say she has a cousin with the disorder, but is that a close enough relation to consider a genetic link?

This really is a fascinating case with so many odd twists.
First, let me say that I pray that this young woman is alive and is found safe. This being said, the odds are highly against that for all the reasons we know. None the less, prayers continue.

My general approach to sleuthing is to stick to probabilities, and stay away from "martian abduction" theories, or outside possibilities. I have found through my various data models that crimes follow a pattern, and humans are quite predictable. (How many of you women have a valuable like jewelry in your underware drawer right now? Bingo....) ; )
So I have tried to take the same approach with Jenny and this case. Stick to the most likely, and stay away from far fetched theories.

The gal had been backpacking through a dangerous place to backpack, was last seen getting in to a Corona truck and has vanished. No cooperation (yet) from Corona. Sounds pretty straight forward to me.
BUT....something about this case is so very very "hinky". And I really don't think like this normally, I just stick to the facts and the data. But somethin' ain't adding up here folks. And while I pooh-poohed many of your suggestions originally, I am starting to believe that they have merit. Lots of merit.

I really hope that I'm wrong. I really pray Jenny is found safe and can go home to her parents in China which sounds like where she needs to be, IMO. Happy wives don't go "adventuring" for months at a time without their husbands unless they are on a scientific exploration, a medical mission, etc. This is hinky, hinky, hinky. All opinion, of course.
BBM

Thanks for your post, roses. Do you feel like sharing what changed your mind? Was it JR's arrest or? No need to share if you don't want to, of course. :)

BBM

Thanks for your post, roses. Do you feel like sharing what changed your mind? Was it JR's arrest or? No need to share if you don't want to, of course. :)

No, his arrest just further reinforces my profile of him. : )
It is Jenny's alleged need for psychiatric care that has changed my view of this case. It can possibly explain the risk taking behavior, and further suggests she might still be alive in some dissociated state. Unlikely, given the other known facts, but a possibility that I hadn't seriously considered before.

Young Ladies and Gentlemen, the world has NEVER been a safe place to roam around alone or even in pairs. The world has never been a safe place for women who are easy prey for all sorts of human monsters and couch surfing in the homes of strangers is risky to say the least. PLEASE stop taking such chances with your lives. When your life ends, the lives of others are destroyed forever. You won't feel the pain but they will - as long as they live. If you care nothing for your own safety, think of the destruction that is caused when one of your really risky decisions becomes the unrelenting grief that others must bear.

You have no idea how much you are loved and needed.

I believe Jenny is dead, having been killed by someone who gave her shelter or a ride. She took some unnecessary risks and lost. Of course, it isn't her fault that someone else murdered her, but she did in fact walk into a mine field when she chose to hitchhike and backpack through Mexico . I have friends who are Mexican and tell me they don't want to return because it is so dangerous and the local police are hand tied and useless.

Just because you wouldn't eat the lion doesn't mean it won't eat you.

I believe it could also be the actual police that made her go missing to be honest. I have read where they rape and murder people and she was there (right there) during the teachers strike. I think they would cover it up when they found she was a Chinese Citizen living in America. IMHO

<modsnip>

Young Ladies and Gentlemen, the world has NEVER been a safe place to roam around alone or even in pairs. The world has never been a safe place for women who are easy prey for all sorts of human monsters and couch surfing in the homes of strangers is risky to say the least. PLEASE stop taking such chances with your lives. When your life ends, the lives of others are destroyed forever. You won't feel the pain but they will - as long as they live. If you care nothing for your own safety, think of the destruction that is caused when one of your really risky decisions becomes the unrelenting grief that others must bear.

You have no idea how much you are loved and needed.

I believe Jenny is dead, having been killed by someone who gave her shelter or a ride. She took some unnecessary risks and lost. Of course, it isn't her fault that someone else murdered her, but she did in fact walk into a mine field when she chose to hitchhike and backpack through Mexico . I have friends who are Mexican and tell me they don't want to return because it is so dangerous and the local police are hand tied and useless.

Just because you wouldn't eat the lion doesn't mean it won't eat you.
BBM

Terrific post, Teatime. So true. I could write another book about the thoughtlessness of risky behavior. I guess people don't ever think it will happen to them and they want to live life on their own terms, without giving a thought to the loved ones who will never get over their loss. When someone involved in an extreme sport or other risky activity dies in the process, people always say "At least he died doing what he loved." Small comfort to the wife and kids and parents and friends left behind. I'd better stop...or I will write a book and it won't be nice.

I hope Jenny's walk in the mine field didn't harm her, but I agree that it's likely it did.

I believe it could also be the actual police that made her go missing to be honest. I have read where they rape and murder people and she was there (right there) during the teachers strike. I think they would cover it up when they found she was a Chinese Citizen living in America. IMHO

<modsnip>

Just to clarify, Jenny was already missing when the extremely violent teachers' strike happened. But supposedly the Corona truck driver who allegedly gave her a ride took her in the opposite direction she was going because an earlier teachers' demonstration was blocking the road. But that doesn't mean she didn't get caught up in a demonstration or have a bad encounter with police somewhere along the way, get arrested and die in jail. No doubt that would be covered up. JMO

Cat nap time for me and I can go back and try and find when I wake up...but do we know if Jenny was traveling with meds?

I take lots...Lol and some "might" affect me from functioning like a "normal" happy adult. &#128530;&#128540;

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A billboard is up according to JR. He is hoping for leads soon. He mentioned earlier that it's red on one side, yellow on the other, so this is one billboard. He also mentioned earlier that it would be placed in the vicinity where Jenny was last seen.

attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/642140139294367/

Thanks Lili-B.

I may doubt hubby's sincerity sometimes. But I must admit that he did make sure to put up some nice looking and big billboards.

Hopefully he puts them near the California and Texas main border entries as well.

Good job to JR. He just stepped up a notch imo and showed actual signs of wanting to find Jenny. Much obliged.

Regarding rosesfromangels' comment "Further, to be blunt, you don't see many Asian people in Mexico. You really don't.":
Her Asian appearance, then, coupled with her lack of social boundaries would have made her easily stand out and remembered by people no matter where she traveled in Mexico. That is the good thing about trying to find her.

And on the subject of Jenny seeing a psychiatrist, I thought I'd again post where this information came from. It was in Jenny's own words, from her Weibo writings. It is part of her 21-day gratitude challenge where she lists 3 things she is grateful for, then also lists exercise, meditation and a random act of kindness. This one is dated 12/25/2015, under Meditation. I realize for some, the weibo links won't open (I can open it on my desktop, but not on my ipad. Don't know why) so here's that part of the text, in addition to the link: http://t.cn/R4qF3aM

"Meditation: 10 min. i made decision about going back to visit my psychiatrist regularly ( no, I am not rich or crazy). I recognize I still can't let things come and go."

Reading her weibo again, I found a place where she actually writes of the disorder, on 12/17/15. Again, this is in her gratitude journaling. But, not of her having the disorder, but a friend. She lists this as #3 of things to be grateful for. It doesn't sound like Jenny believes she has bipolar disorder, then, by what she writes here. (I've taken out the name of the friend):
http://t.cn/R4LJnWF

"3)Knowing more about what is bipolar. My curiosity made me want to know what bipolar feels like? Why [friend's name] suddenly becoming talked so fast, so much, so nonsense. It's very interesting to know what is going on her brain. I am glad here America is a place to openly able me to discover anything I want to know, and to be rational, scientific about it. Tons of bipolar people willing to talk about what is mental hospital like? They are soo open about it, and wish their sickness can help normal people understand and be aware of it. In China, one of my cousin has bipolar too, but the opposite, hiding it, not allow to talk about it. That's why so many people will have wrong judgement, think mental illness is scary."

She does mention this person's name who she talks about in more posts, and calls her a friend. It seems she is very tolerant of this person's behavior, looking at it with a very curious, studying attitude. I imagine it could be possible she does see something of herself in her friend with mental illness struggles, and that's where her interest and tolerance is coming from? She does say she has a cousin with the disorder, but is that a close enough relation to consider a genetic link?

Thanks S.P. you are a Godsend for finding these again. Hopefully Jonathan will now clarify the matter.

But thanks for updating the thread on the psychiatrist actual mentionings. Many hugs.

Just realizing the telephone number in the bottom right-hand corner of the billboards, with area code 951 <---- is California...

Just realizing the telephone number in the bottom right-hand corner of the billboards, with area code 951 <---- is California...

I went searching for the number and found this:

We are asking for your help in locating Jenny Chen, a Chinese citizen, who saw him for the last time on the 11th of April in the cruise international highway and road to tlalixtac, Santa Lucia Del Camino, &#8234;#&#8206;Oaxaca&#8236;.
Any information call 951-146-9373.
Please share! Thank you!

(translation by Facebook)
https://www.facebook.com/Revistamujeres/posts/10154875656244616

But nothing so far on the number and where it is other than Sun City, CA.

I thought that too, further back in the thread when I looked at a flier. I was sleuthing Riverside. :D I forget who explained that it's Oaxaca. Since the sign is posted in Mexico it doesn't have the international code.

The 951 telephone number matches Raquel Rivera's number a few months ago from this handout:

jenny-corona.jpg

Well THAT's better!!! :grin: & makes good sense!

THANKS everyone!

Hopefully they have already begun receiving TIPS....

:please:

In addition to whatever he was planning to pay for his "massage," he will have to pay a fine of $2,733.00 if he is a first time offender. For someone who doesn't want to use his own money to find his wife, I wonder how he's planning to pay for this? Anyway, I do believe that he is seriously trying to find his wife, but this error of judgement on his part strengthens my feeling that she might have been trying to get away from him.

I agree with Dexter, I think the billboards are really nice. I hope they bring in some tips!

A while back, Lilibet commented on a wedding picture that JR had posted of himself and Jenny, which he removed. I never saw it back then, but just tonight found another site where he posted it (MissingAmericans Blog): http://missingamericans.ning.com/profile/JonathanReinhard

He has only 2 updates and 5 pictures. Maybe that site wasn't getting enough hits to keep updating...?

Thought I'd post it for the others who haven't seen his wedding pic.

Edited to say, I wonder whose phone number that is at the bottom. An RR came up in a google search, but not JR. Not that it means anything, I've had my number for many years, and my name doesn't show up associated with my number either. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState