Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back and ran a search on the first thread, remembering that someone posted a link to his website, but I couldn't find it. I don't recall that it really told us much. We've been been suspicious of him for months. I think it's very telling that JR is now hiring other PI's from outside of Mexico, according to FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/648217938686587/

An interesting link was posted by KM today about a PI who is trashing the HFJ page. I remember this guy offering his services from the beginning. JR says he rejected his services and the PI is defaming the FB group. Apparently he has done that before. How does anyone know whom to trust?

http://www.incomer.com.mx

Has this been posted? I was sleuthing the names from the Everado Moreno (JR's lawyer) Ciro Gomez Leyva interview on radioformula: google translate:

The lawyer said Everardo Moreno has been submitted to the Attorney of the State of Oaxaca and spoke with the Attorney General Joaquín Carrillo Hector Ruiz "and until I talked to him on 17 June, a preliminary investigation was opened".

So a preliminary investigation wasn't opened until June 17?

Everardo Moreno who said he began to hear this case on June 8 because the husband of the missing, Jonathan Reinhard wanted to find a lawyer who wants to take the legal aspects

Everardo Moreno, he said that from June 8 had the first interview with Reinhard to begin to see the tasks that should performed. "Because regardless of private research done that is required to be landed in a folder investigation into the Attorney General of the state of Oaxaca and that was how I started looking at this issue and I found a picture very sad ".

he emphasized that it is a very bleak picture in terms of legal proceedings" the Office of Oaxaca had not acted with the diligence with which should act, we are talking about the desaparicida, was meeting in Cancun with Mr. Reinhard on April 16 ".

So JR was supposed to meet Jenny at the airport on 4/15, but she didn't show and he contacted the desaparicida in Cancun the next day, April 16?

described the lawyer in an interview with Ciro Gomez Leyva, that because Jenny Chen not arrived at the airport, her husband hired an investigation, data that was on April 12 last found that I saw him and the Attorney has made ​​no attitude research. "

the lawyer said that has been submitted to the Attorney General of the State of Oaxaca and spoke with the Attorney General Hector Joaquin Carrillo Ruiz" and until I talked to him on June 17, a preliminary inquiry was opened ".

he noted that it seems incredible, but the Model brewery has shown more interest in this than the Office of Oaxaca. she

pointed out that trucks used by this company are not owned," the brewery hire companies to that will make the movement of their products and one of those companies hired, he was apparently gave the ride to Jenny 26 years ".

there's more...

http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=609266&idFC=2016&sURL=

here's another article I'm just readin now::

http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=608963&idFC=2016

Jenny's Timeline from this article:

Flew from Seattle to San Diego in March
crossed the border in Tijuana
took a bus to Mexico City
she then went on to Puebla, then Oaxaca

JR was to meet her in Cancun on April 16. Six days later, no news of his wife, he returned to the United States to try to start a procedure with Mexican authorities. (April 22) - (April 23 Jenny was to fly to Cuba.)

The last time you saw Jenny Chen possibly spent the night at a truckstop in La Laguna, where the deviation is Juchitan.

seven trucks of Grupo Modelo circulating in that part of Oaxaca.

the Office of Oaxaca has been reluctant to ... check the GPS trucks brewery that circulated around the area and take the testimony of two women, workers at the bus stop where Jenny spent the night.

the entity records, to date, 110 missing women, according to the National registry data missing or disappeared Persons, being the oldest record in 2003. While between 2010 and 2015 have died, for murder, 209 foreign women in Mexico; only one case in Oaxaca.

I went though the 2 threads and Facebook and have a few questions.

Who is NC on the Facebook site?

Where are Jenny's parents?

What does JR do for work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went though the 2 threads and Facebook and have a few questions.

Who is NC on the Facebook site? If you mean CN: She is a co-admin on the HFJ page. I don't know how JR knows her, but she lives in MX. I haven't seen any posts or comments by her lately there, but she has been big on reassuring others that the PI team is working hard, is trustworthy, and that JR is, too.

Where are Jenny's parents? They live in China, but came to MX at the end of May, according to an article put out by the Chinese Embassy. Someone from the Chinese Embassy of Mexico accompanied them to Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and other state police depts to discuss the progress. JR wholly discredited their findings, saying the MX police led them on by telling what they wanted to hear, or something like that. If it wasn't for that article, we would be even more in the dark as to what her family is thinking or doing regarding Jenny's disappearance. JR does not mention her family, nor does he mention anyone of his side of the family, for that matter. I hope he is getting some family support somewhere!

What does JR do for work? I think posters here have said he was a "Tech guy".

Welcome, Tssiemer! We look forward to your observations on this frustrating case.

Going back to 4/16. I wonder if it would have been prudent to ask locals if they'd seen Jenny... with her husband.

Even before I read posts here I thought he was hinky. But I thought maybe he was socially awkward or truly lost on what to do or how to act.

I don't know how JR vetted this PI. But I don't have confidence in him anymore. Tips? Maybe that's a rhetorical/ironic question. :D In case it's not, he is the one who found the people Jenny stayed with in Juchitan (and we've already discussed how confusing that is) and the witnesses to Jenny going with the Corona driver. I don't normally suggest that someone go back and read the first thread, but if you haven't already, you will see that we've been going in circles with JR and his "team" for months. At this point I don't feel I can fully rely on any info we receive. JMO
BINGO! We are now in the same place.

All the discussion so far has been hanging on information provided by someone from Mexico (or made up). The information is sketchy, spotty, incomplete, and sometimes contradictory. Who's to say this Mexican PI isn't part of the Mexican police? I don't trust ANY authority from Mexico to be truthful, because they are corrupt and paid off. I think any information that came from ANY source from Mexico needs to be completely dismissed. It's not reliable and probably not real.

I don't believe there is a Corona driver any more than I believe Jenny stayed in a house in Juchitan. Not for one second.

ETA: I think this whole story was made up. The questions are, by whom and why?

Has this been posted? I was sleuthing the names from the Everado Moreno (JR's lawyer) Ciro Gomez Leyva interview on radioformula: google translate:

The lawyer said Everardo Moreno has been submitted to the Attorney of the State of Oaxaca and spoke with the Attorney General Joaquín Carrillo Hector Ruiz "and until I talked to him on 17 June, a preliminary investigation was opened".

So a preliminary investigation wasn't opened until June 17?

Everardo Moreno who said he began to hear this case on June 8 because the husband of the missing, Jonathan Reinhard wanted to find a lawyer who wants to take the legal aspects

Everardo Moreno, he said that from June 8 had the first interview with Reinhard to begin to see the tasks that should performed. "Because regardless of private research done that is required to be landed in a folder investigation into the Attorney General of the state of Oaxaca and that was how I started looking at this issue and I found a picture very sad ".

he emphasized that it is a very bleak picture in terms of legal proceedings" the Office of Oaxaca had not acted with the diligence with which should act, we are talking about the desaparicida, was meeting in Cancun with Mr. Reinhard on April 16 ".

So JR was supposed to meet Jenny at the airport on 4/15, but she didn't show and he contacted the desaparicida in Cancun the next day, April 16?

described the lawyer in an interview with Ciro Gomez Leyva, that because Jenny Chen not arrived at the airport, her husband hired an investigation, data that was on April 12 last found that I saw him and the Attorney has made ​​no attitude research. "

the lawyer said that has been submitted to the Attorney General of the State of Oaxaca and spoke with the Attorney General Hector Joaquin Carrillo Ruiz" and until I talked to him on June 17, a preliminary inquiry was opened ".

he noted that it seems incredible, but the Model brewery has shown more interest in this than the Office of Oaxaca. she

pointed out that trucks used by this company are not owned," the brewery hire companies to that will make the movement of their products and one of those companies hired, he was apparently gave the ride to Jenny 26 years ".

there's more...

http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=609266&idFC=2016&sURL=

here's another article I'm just readin now::

I interpret this as:
JR went to authorities to report his wife missing on April 12 (which means he was in Cancun already)
Jenny was to arrive at the airport on April 15 (therefore she could not have yet been missing)
Moreno began to accept missing person's information from JR on June 8
The MP information went to the Attorney General's office on June 17, when a case was opened.

What date did this Corona driver jumbo jumbo enter the picture?

I found it odd that I initially found Jenny missing in a very small article in a Seattle newspaper. In the following weeks, there were other articles in local Seattle papers, a paper in JR's hometown of Erie, PA, and articles in Mexican newspapers.

Other than that, there were no AP, CNN, NBC, Yahoo, etc. news articles

When someone has gone missing in the US, there have always been other papers picking up they story, even national newspapers.

Here .... nothing.

I found that odd.

RSBM

Made up as in Jenny isn't missing in Mexico or made up as in Jenny left her husband?
<my opinion> &#8203; In light of the April 12 - June 17 timeline laid out above, I'm withdrawing my stance that JR is innocent of wrongdoing. So, made up as in Jenny is buried somewhere in Mexico by the hand of JR. ONLY assuming he went to authorities on April 12. Was she even proven to have bought a plane ticket?

IF the April 12 date is a misunderstanding on my part, then I go with "made up by the Mexican PI".

In either scenario, however, Jenny is buried somewhere in Mexico. <\my opinion>

Ah. I was actually typing to add

Or Jenny isn't missing at all?
Or Jenny is dead?
Or Jenny never existed?

I think she is dead and people know it. Either the authorities know it and won't tell JR or JR knows and it keeping this going for money/sympathy.

I am very interested in the theory that she was never in Mexico and the images are photoshopped. I wonder how this came about.

I found it odd that I initially found Jenny missing in a very small article in a Seattle newspaper. In the following weeks, there were other articles in local Seattle papers, a paper in JR's hometown of Erie, PA, and articles in Mexican newspapers.

Other than that, there were no AP, CNN, NBC, Yahoo, etc. news articles

When someone has gone missing in the US, there have always been other papers picking up they story, even national newspapers.

Here .... nothing.

I found that odd.

I didn't even think to check 20/20 or dateline or anything like that!!

I interpret this as:
JR went to authorities to report his wife missing on April 12 (which means he was in Cancun already)
Jenny was to arrive at the airport on April 15 (therefore she could not have yet been missing)
Moreno began to accept missing person's information from JR on June 8
The MP information went to the Attorney General's office on June 17, when a case was opened.

What date did this Corona driver jumbo jumbo enter the picture?
BBM

I think something has been lost in translation and misunderstood regarding April 12. That is the last date Jenny was said to be seen. In Spanish translations we have discovered that "him and he" is often used when referring to Jenny. So it's not the date JR reported her missing. I'm not sure we know the exact date, but without digging through the threads I'm going to say it was sometime before he left Cancun (at least I hope he didn't wait until he returned to the US, but we can't be sure). She was reported missing to authorities in the state of Quintana Roo where Cancun is located. However, shortly after that the authorities in the state of Oaxaca became involved because that was where she was last seen. The case was opened in Oaxaca and they have handled it since April.

Moreno is talking about getting the Attorney General involved in June, when Moreno was hired by JR. Moreno was, I think, trying to use his considerable influence to get the case more attention.

The information about the Corona truck driver was revealed in late May. The PI was said to have tracked this info down. From then on, that was the entire focus by JR.

As an aside: An interesting thing to me is that Jenny's parents came to Mexico in May and were assisted by the Chinese embassy. Not only did they speak to Oaxacan LE, but to LE in several other states such as Chiapas, that Jenny could have passed through en route to Cancun. In other words, it seems that their investigation was more comprehensive than JR's. JR never once mentioned that her family had come to Mexico until the Chinese embassy press release was discovered. He was immediately dismissive of the fact that they were told that Jenny had been seen backpacking in May. While he could be correct in his assessment, he said it in such a definite and rude way that it certainly seemed odd to me. JMO

There are two things I think we need at this point...and I'm not volunteering to do them. :D If anyone wants to tackle these it would help us keep things straight and you would be my hero!!

1) We need a media thread (no discussion). That involves going back to the beginning and posting articles in chronological order to that thread, so that we can easily refer to them. Check to see how it's done in other cases, such as the one in my signature.

2) A timeline thread (no discussion). This would include what we know of Jenny's activities (when she arrived in Mexico, and her travels). But I'm also interested in when we learned various things (whether we believe them or not) and when JR hired the PI and attorney, when Jenny's parents were in Mexico. This would require starting at the beginning of the HFJ FB page and also using the media thread and the first WS thread. I'm not sure if this should be a thread or a ski my note. Perhaps ask a look at other lengthy cases to see how it's done or ask a mod.

If anyone has an abundance of spare time and is detail-oriented these would be great projects. Perhaps reply to this post to volunteer for one or both tasks so we don't have duplication of effort. I know I would be eternally grateful, as I'm replying to some questions based on my memory, which may be fading. :)

There are two things I think we need at this point...and I'm not volunteering to do them. If anyone wants to tackle these it would help us keep things straight and you would be my hero!!

1) We need a media thread (no discussion). That involves going back to the beginning and posting articles in chronological order to that thread, so that we can easily refer to them. Check to see how it's done in other cases, such as the one in my signature.

2) A timeline thread (no discussion). This would include what we know of Jenny's activities (when she arrived in Mexico, and her travels). But I'm also interested in when we learned various things (whether we believe them or not) and when JR hired the PI and attorney, when Jenny's parents were in Mexico. This would require starting at the beginning of the HFJ FB page and also using the media thread and the first WS thread. I'm not sure if this should be a thread or a ski my note. Perhaps ask a look at other lengthy cases to see how it's done or ask a mod.

If anyone has an abundance of spare time and is detail-oriented these would be great projects. Perhaps reply to this post ]/b]to volunteer for one or both tasks so we don't have duplication of effort. I know I would be eternally grateful, as I'm replying to some questions based on my memory, which may be fading.

RBBM:

First off, I'd like to welcome Tssemier to Jenny's thread! It's always great to have a fresh set of eyes on a case, even more so when they have such a particularly needed skill set to help us (hopefully) decipher the twists and turns we've encountered thus far! :cow:

:welcome4:

Also, I agree with Lillibet on adding a timeline and media thread for Jenny. Perhaps our esteemed Mods/Admin will take this request into consideration.

RBBM:
ETA: I've alerted your post, to respectfully request the creation of the thread as a start. Hopefully we will hear from them soon. :crossfingers:

Granted, we will need to work collectively to do so, with so much information magically appearing and disappearing from various locations. Y'all have done an incredible job of documenting these patterns so far :thumb:

I trust in your dedication here to #HelpFindJenny.

:candle:

I reread my post above and saw that auto correct turned "sticky note" into "ski my" note and I didn't catch it. Just in case anyone was wondering what in the world I was talking about! :D

ETA: Thanks Kimi. :) And a belated welcome to the thread to GigTu and Tssiemer and thanks for bringing fresh perspectives. :welcome:

Again, I have to go back to what I know for certain, and that is what I know about that area. I don't think JR has anything to do with Jenny's disappearance. For whatever reason, she chose to go backpacking in one of the most crime ridden and dangerous areas of the world. This suggests to me she was unwell in some way, her thinking not clear.
If the report that Jenny got on the Corona truck is true, her body will most likely be found within a mile of the original pick up spot, dumped on a side road, in ditch somewhere. Her remains will eventually be found.

There is a very slight chance, very slight that she is in some delusional state and is traveling igcognito. She may be paranoid and thinking she needs to hide. Her actions up to the point of disappearance suggest that theory isn't too fanciful. But the highest probability is that she is now long deceased.

I do *not* believe the husband has anything to do with her vanishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState