Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did they do the polygraph test/tests??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

He didn't say...yet. We're waiting for the press release. Here's hoping many questions will be answered, if possible.

I know grape/winery drivers that do not own their trucks will get to the lot and pick a vacant truck to drive for that day. They also have to log the truck number. Now most seniority drivers get the best pick when they arrive.

So my suggestion is that the detectives check for hairs or dna in both truck/cabs that were registered to both drivers that day.

Now I think 1 driver had his family with him. So he was probably on a long haul and didn't have room for Jenny.

So I would suspect the other driver first. Jmo.

Good thoughts Dex. I'm hoping someone checked for hair and DNA earlier, but JR didn't reveal it. If they did the polygraphs, they may just confirm what they already know. But since JR indicated that someone has been protecting the suspects, it's possible the trucks haven't been checked. Yes, the driver who offered Jenny the ride would be my first suspect too.

He didn't say. We're waiting for the press release. Here's hoping many questions will be answered, if possible.

Thanks Lili.

But I truly think that Corona/Modelo or whatever spends too much money on Mexico protection payouts and the Mexican Law enforcement will never give them up to Jr. Jmo.

So if a driver did give her a ride before she vanished. Then JR will sue Corona for negligence.

And the Mexican authorities will not allow this. So imo. They are leading him on.

Jmo.

Thanks Lili.

But I truly think that Corona/Modelo or whatever spends too much money on Mexico protection payouts and the Mexican Law enforcement will never give them up to Jr. Jmo.

So if a driver did give her a ride before she vanished. Then JR will sue Corona for negligence.

And the Mexican authorities will not allow this. So imo. They are leading him on.

Jmo.

Ugh. I hope you're wrong, Dex. But you make good points. It would be quite a conspiracy though, if people at the level he has talked to are leading him on. I'm hoping he gets some answers and action this time. But you won't see me holding my breath, either.

Thanks Lili.

Jmo.
Also my opinion.

Another thing.

I don't think that Jenny had plans on heading straight to Cancun since she wasn't supposed to be there until 3 days later.

My wife will always tell me that this is the last store and we are going home.

But we start arguing 3 stores later. Lol.

Jmo.

I guarentee that two weeks from now we will be at the same point as today.

Nowhere.

I know grape/winery drivers that do not own their trucks will get to the lot and pick a vacant truck to drive for that day. They also have to log the truck number. Now most seniority drivers get the best pick when they arrive.

So my suggestion is that the detectives check for hairs or dna in both truck/cabs that were registered to both drivers that day.

Now I think 1 driver had his family with him. So he was probably on a long haul and didn't have room for Jenny.

So I would suspect the other driver first. Jmo.

I was doing some reading and learned that it is only this year, 2016, that Mexico's reforms to the justice system is making the change to oral trials like in the US. Their prior system was "closed-door hearings based on written affidavits". It sounds like forensics was rarely used before, but now will be.

So, this is all rather new to Mexico. I hope if it comes to a trial for Jenny's case that forensic experts have been allowed to do their work. The last sentence in the article says: "There have been reports in several states ... of threats and attacks against criminal investigators and forensic experts," said Morris Tidball-Binz of the Red Cross. "Sometimes there isn't any access to the scene at all."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-forensics-idUSTRE76445Z20110705

Another thing.

I don't think that Jenny had plans on heading straight to Cancun since she wasn't supposed to be there until 3 days later.

My wife will always tell me that this is the last store and we are going home.

But we start arguing 3 stores later. Lol.

Jmo.

Ha! You know we're afraid we'll miss something if we skip stores. :D

I actually didn't think she was allowing enough time to get to Cancun if she was relying on hitchhiking. It's a long trip...almost 16 hours. If she got a ride with a longhaul trucker, it would work. But how would she know she could do that or would have to rely on short rides with long waits in between? The irony is that she was going to cross half the country, with no time to explore. She might as well have flown. Too bad she didn't. Very sad.

I was doing some reading and learned that it is only this year, 2016, that Mexico's reforms to the justice system is making the change to oral trials like in the US. Their prior system was "closed-door hearings based on written affidavits". It sounds like forensics was rarely used before, but now will be.

So, this is all rather new to Mexico. I hope if it comes to a trial for Jenny's case that forensic experts have been allowed to do their work. The last sentence in the article says: "There have been reports in several states ... of threats and attacks against criminal investigators and forensic experts," said Morris Tidball-Binz of the Red Cross. "Sometimes there isn't any access to the scene at all."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-forensics-idUSTRE76445Z20110705

Wow! I didn't know this. Not encouraging for JR at all.

Wow! I didn't know this. Not encouraging for JR at all.
IMO, anything related to Mexican authorities - or those opposing them - is not encouraging. I apologize that I'm such a pessimist about Mexican justice of any nature, but so far I have not read one positive thing about them. Anywhere.

IMO, anything related to Mexican authorities - or those opposing them - is not encouraging. I apologize that I'm such a pessimist about Mexican justice of any nature, but so far I have not read one positive thing about them. Anywhere.

No need to apologize. You're being a realist. I guess I keep hoping it's not as bad as it's said to be...at least for JR's sake. But facts is facts. And I'm back to wishing someone had been able to talk Jenny out of hitchhiking and couchsurfing on her own. I'm sure JR wishes he could have!

that doesn't preclude him from expecting a ransom would be demanded
when my son went to mexico i told him to have at least twenty bucks hidden so, if **** hit the fan, he could offer them and hopefully sort things out that way...so, would you qualify my behaviour as odd?

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

No because you weren't asking members of the public for their money.

I was just thinking back to that night Jenny supposedly slept at the truck stop/store. I am pretty sure she didn't get a good nights sleep and was not as sharp if she would have gotten a good nights rest... so she prob. made some bad decisions to make it to Cancun on time. Just my humble opinion :(

I was just thinking back to that night Jenny supposedly slept at the truck stop/store. I am pretty sure she didn't get a good nights sleep and was not as sharp if she would have gotten a good nights rest... so she prob. made some bad decisions to make it to Cancun on time. Just my humble opinion :(

Pure speculation only, Jenny might have been operating on very little sleep due to a mania state. The descriptions of her behavior and choices lead me to believe this could very well have been the case. Again, this is just speculation, but seems plausible.

With regard to some of the posts upstream, yes...Mexico law just seems to operate in a very different way that what we (if you are in the US) are used to. I remember one incident a few years back where I was a passenger in a car that was hit from behind. It was the result of the driver attempting to merge in to traffic (as we were) and they hit us. In less than a minute (literally), there were three police vehicles with officials armed with automatic rifles surrounding us. To say I was petrified would be an understatement. I was frozen with fear. The bumper on our car was hanging off, but we were otherwise o.k. To the best of my understanding, it was expected that the fellow that hit us was expected to give us money right there on the spot. He was unable to do so, and was hauled off to jail until his family could pay someone money.
We were free to go, and happily did so, asking no further questions and not caring about the bumper. It's just a different way of operating.

By way of example, I was traveling through Vietnam on a bus that hit someone on a scooter. The person on the scooter was hurt but not mortally. The bus driver took off running and left all of us on the bus without a driver! I was told in Vietnam that the family of the scooter driver would arrive and literally beat the driver to death for hurting their loved one. Whether this is true or not, I have no idea, but I have been told by more than one credible person that this is accurate.

So the point I am trying to illustrate is that JT is most definitely dealing with a different set of rules. Thus far, he's been doing a pretty darn good job navigating thorugh all this, and I consider him very, very brave.

Ha! You know we're afraid we'll miss something if we skip stores. :D

I actually didn't think she was allowing enough time to get to Cancun if she was relying on hitchhiking. It's a long trip...almost 16 hours. If she got a ride with a longhaul trucker, it would work. But how would she know she could do that or would have to rely on short rides with long waits in between? The irony is that she was going to cross half the country, with no time to explore. She might as well have flown. Too bad she didn't. Very sad.

Imo.

1 witness verified or told him that the atm didn't work. Another got a description of the driver and heard the conversation between the driver and jenny.

Now imho.

Did he polygraph these witnesses first. Since he is claiming their word is holier than thou and he has no reason not to believe these folks?

Lol.

Now I want to see the drivers polygraph. But I want to see the witnesses polygraph as well.

Especially since the driver with the family on board may lose his job because of Jennys and Jonathans ordeal. Jmo

So if I was Coronas lawyers. I would have police polygraph the witnesses before polygraphing the drivers that we had that day.

Jmo.

Especially since Jonathan will sue if negligence was involved on Coronas part.

Because picking up hitchhikers are against policy for Corona. Jmo

I'm wondering what is holding up the promised press release. On September 1, JR said there would be updates and a press release by the end of the week. Right on schedule September 3 he posted an update and said his team was working on a press release. It's September 6 and silent. Here's hoping there are some developments about to happen that they are waiting to include in the press release. As of September 4, the promised polygraphs had not happened. There was supposed to be "significant action" against the suspects promised within the next two weeks (by September 17?). The press release was going to "highlight suspicious activities by those who may be protecting their interests." Perhaps it seemed best not to reveal those activities until action had already been taken against the suspects? What's another week or so in a five month case? I'm just antsy, I guess.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/665636720278042/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/666740360167678/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members