Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine he is tired, frustrated and wondering what if...I can't imagine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It sure does look like it's impossible for him to get anywhere with his current strategy... I feel sorry for him, but I also think he might want to reconsider how to go about this. It's obvious by now that all he gets from Mexican police, prosecutors, Corona etc etc are empty promises. I think for anything to happen he might want to ask for help from someone higher up, in my opinion working with the Chinese authorities would be the obvious choice, since Jenny is a Chinese citizen. A single person from a third country with a local PI and a lawyer simply doesn't have leverage to get anything done here.
My husband and I have different nationalities. If he, God forbid, were to go missing in a third country, I would seek help from the authorities of his home country, that would be the very first thing I would do!! JMHO
BBM

Your suggestion makes perfect sense, especially since Jenny isn't a U.S citizen (not sure about your husband, but I assume he isn't either). Jenny's parents enlisted the help of the Chinese embassy, but JR stayed distant from that for some reason. We don't know if the Chinese government is still involved. They said they would be. It's now very clear that the team JR assembled, even his influential attorney, did not have enough leverage to move LE, prosecutors or Corona.

Early on, those in the know about Mexico strongly suggested "la mordida"...bribing officials. Understandably, JR was reluctant to participate in this corrupt practice, although at one point he said he might have to if nothing else worked. Clearly, nothing has worked, and I have to wonder if he has been stonewalled by LE and other officials who were holding out for a bribe. It's truly a moral dilemma...does he idealistically refuse to bribe in order to do his part to help end this deeply entrenched custom OR does he pragmatically do whatever he needs to do to find his wife, even if it violates his values? I think he was under pressure from some not to resort to bribery. I don't envy him those decisions at all. I'm sure he will always wonder "what if" about this and other things.

Here's a link to an interesting article by an American businessman operating in Mexico who was once in favor of bribing, but changed his mind. Of course, he hasn't lost his wife there.
http://www.mexicomatters.net/retirementmexico/04_bribeslamordidainmexico.php

I know I would do whatever it took to get answers about my husband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about this case from the perspective of the Mexican community where Jenny disappeared. Let's imagine if this happened in the US. If Jenny was couch surfing through Los Angeles, and sleeping at gas stations and taking pictures with *advertiser censored* peddlers. Then she disappeared and her husband was pointing fingers at locals, and demanding response from LE.
While I *DO* think JR and Jenny deserve cooperation and transparency from Mexican LE, it is understandable why that is not happening....if you imagine this same scenario taking place in our own country.

Why is he not updating those of us on the HFJ page without someone questioning him first!!
He doesn't really owe anyone any updates. It's a courtesy page, made with the sole motivation to find Jenny. What if he set it up so tips were voluntarily provided and he got support, not so random, nosey people had a platform to demand answers and attack him? Maybe the FB page is being viewed from the wrong perspective.

BBM

Your suggestion makes perfect sense, especially since Jenny isn't a U.S citizen (not sure about your husband, but I assume he isn't either). Jenny's parents enlisted the help of the Chinese embassy, but JR stayed distant from that for some reason. We don't know if the Chinese government is still involved. They said they would be. It's now very clear that the team JR assembled, even his influential attorney, did not have enough leverage to move LE, prosecutors or Corona.

Early on, those in the know about Mexico strongly suggested "la mordida"...bribing officials. Understandably, JR was reluctant to participate in this corrupt practice, although at one point he said he might have to if nothing else worked. Clearly, nothing has worked, and I have to wonder if he has been stonewalled by LE and other officials who were holding out for a bribe. It's truly a moral dilemma...does he idealistically refuse to bribe in order to do his part to help end this deeply entrenched custom OR does he pragmatically do whatever he needs to do to find his wife, even if it violates his values? I think he was under pressure from some not to resort to bribery. I don't envy him those decisions at all. I'm sure he will always wonder "what if" about this and other things.

Here's a link to an interesting article by an American businessman operating in Mexico who was once in favor of bribing, but changed his mind. Of course, he hasn't lost his wife there.
http://www.mexicomatters.net/retirementmexico/04_bribeslamordidainmexico.php
This is my favorite posting in the effort to find Jenny. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. There's no way any factual information is coming out of Mexico. If there is even a hint of truth to ANY of the witness tips, I even feel that is not totally on the up and up. For all we know, those witnesses took Jenny and pointed fingers at Corona, successfully taking the heat off themselves. Since first reports came from a Mexican PI, I actually don't even trust that HE wasn't paid off from the git-go and this has all been an unwarranted, unsubstantiated wild goose chase from the beginning.

Mexican LE is broken and corrupt. IF they are actually really even able to find Jenny, the only way that's going to happen is to do it the Mexican LE's way. At this point though, it's probably too late. The authorities are now doubt annoyed by JR and his team of mosquitos, and if there was a price it has no doubt gone WAAAAAAAY up by now. That's also assuming there really are Corona drivers involved, and further assuming those drivers are still employed "there". It's my opinion that we are at ground zero in finding Jenny.

It sure does look like it's impossible for him to get anywhere with his current strategy... I feel sorry for him, but I also think he might want to reconsider how to go about this. It's obvious by now that all he gets from Mexican police, prosecutors, Corona etc etc are empty promises. I think for anything to happen he might want to ask for help from someone higher up, in my opinion working with the Chinese authorities would be the obvious choice, since Jenny is a Chinese citizen. A single person from a third country with a local PI and a lawyer simply doesn't have leverage to get anything done here.
My husband and I have different nationalities. If he, God forbid, were to go missing in a third country, I would seek help from the authorities of his home country, that would be the very first thing I would do!! JMHO
This approach might give him traction. I hope he has considered going to Jenny's family. That's assuming they will work with him.

He doesn't really owe anyone any updates. It's a courtesy page, made with the sole motivation to find Jenny. What if he set it up so tips were voluntarily provided and he got support, not so random, nosey people had a platform to demand answers and attack him? Maybe the FB page is being viewed from the wrong perspective.

Best post I've seen on this thread.

Perhaps he doesn't owe us, but we can hope, can't we? Otherwise, there's nothing new for us to discuss. And Jenny is still missing. Aren't we all interested in cases on WS for the mystery and the chance to use our heads to try to problem-solve?

Plus, JR still has his page up to pay for the search for Jenny, so keeping his donors updated on the progress of the search seems appropriate so they feel their dollars were helping. Over there, his last update was 23 days ago to say he was on his way to Mexico, hoping for positive results. Nothing since.

Perhaps he doesn't owe us, but we can hope, can't we? Otherwise, there's nothing new for us to discuss. And Jenny is still missing. Aren't we all interested in cases on WS for the mystery and the chance to use our heads to try to problem-solve?

Plus, JR still has his page up to pay for the search for Jenny, so keeping his donors updated on the progress of the search seems appropriate so they feel their dollars were helping. Over there, his last update was 23 days ago to say he was on his way to Mexico, hoping for positive results. Nothing since.
Yes, we can hope. But please consider my reply in relation to what it was responding to.

Also, this isn't pointed at you or any one particular person, but the platform to say it occurred here so I'll say it here. It is my belief that WS was founded to help LE solve crimes by providing a platform that many minds can come to and spill their thoughts, thereby "accidentally" giving new ideas to LE in solving cases. I don't believe WS should be viewed as a source of entertainment. These are tragic, sad stories. If nothing is presented voluntarily by a family member or LE that can be discussed, then we wait for more information. Demanding a victim's family member keep us abreast is not only rude and hurtful to someone missing a loved one, I don't think it's really how the spirit of WS should be represented. jmo

Yes, we can hope. But please consider my reply in relation to what it was responding to.

Also, this isn't pointed at you or any one particular person, but the platform to say it occurred here so I'll say it here. It is my belief that WS was founded to help LE solve crimes by providing a platform that many minds can come to and spill their thoughts, thereby "accidentally" giving new ideas to LE in solving cases. I don't believe WS should be viewed as a source of entertainment. These are tragic, sad stories. If nothing is presented voluntarily by a family member or LE that can be discussed, then we wait for more information. Demanding a victim's family member keep us abreast is not only rude and hurtful to someone missing a loved one, I don't think it's really how the spirit of WS should be represented. jmo

I viewed the post you were responding to as someone just voicing her frustration to us for a desire to hear what has happened in regards to the promises the Mexican LE gave him for what could mean a very pivotal move forward in the case (in regard to the two drivers).

My opinion is that I think we all are here at WS because we care about the people in the cases, and the cases have touched something in us. I make the decision to post on a particular case because of something...maybe the victim or circumstances remind me of something in my own life, the location is familiar to me, or to share a perspective I didn't see mentioned yet, etc. Entertainment is not the word I'd use, but the cases do grip me and I do yearn to see the mystery (which all of these cases are) solved. I'll admit that.

I'll also admit to feeling frustrated and irritated myself, by the HFJ page. But I appreciate your thoughts, GigTu, and will try to remember to keep a kinder outlook.

Let's give everyone here the benefit of the doubt, too, though. I believe WSers are a great group of folks!

Well said Gigtu, and a very good reminder for us all
As I have said before, I am grateful I am not in this man's shoes.
For anyone who has faced the murder or abduction of a loved one, or they are missing, then you understand the depth of the grief.

God Bless and keep sleuthing!

I was thinking about this case from the perspective of the Mexican community where Jenny disappeared. Let's imagine if this happened in the US. If Jenny was couch surfing through Los Angeles, and sleeping at gas stations and taking pictures with *advertiser censored* peddlers. Then she disappeared and her husband was pointing fingers at locals, and demanding response from LE.
While I *DO* think JR and Jenny deserve cooperation and transparency from Mexican LE, it is understandable why that is not happening....if you imagine this same scenario taking place in our own country.

I agree completely with your analogy. Add to it that Jenny was also posting very critical things about the Chinese government. Of course they deserve cooperation and transparency from Mexican LE and the Chinese government, as anyone would in the humanitarian sense in any country. But in the eyes of Mexican LE and China what have they done to deserve help and extensive use of their resources? Jenny put herself in harms way and JR has insulted the people who could help him.

And that, I believe, is the basis for the flashes of irritation and criticism that show up on this thread from time to time...from me and others. We want JR to be successful and find Jenny. We care. That's why we're here. And it's very frustrating and sad to see him do and say things that may prevent him from reaching that goal.
JMO

VERY IMPORTANT POST by JR, listing what they know, what has and hasn't been done. He ends his post by saying he is not a conspiracy theorist, but he feels he is getting the runaround from all invoved parties. He's right! He asks people to share as "WE NEED MEDIA ATTENTION." His list is more than I have time to summarize per TOS, so I'm going to go ahead and quote it and ask forgiveness. I've bolded a couple of things that I think are both crucial and new information showing guilt on the part of the drivers. Lots for us to talk about here. I really, really feel for JR.

I am still working on the formal press release, but here are the highlights:
- The name of the Corona truck contracted company is KUGAR
http://www.kugar.com.mx/
- We have two drivers who were driving in the time an area that Jenny disappeared. They said they were in a convoy, and one claims he was driving with his family
- They have both initially refused polygraph tests
- The GPS data that Kugar supplied shows tracking information every 5 minutes EXCEPT for the day that Jenny Chen went missing (8 hours of data was deleted from the system)
- The truck that the is most likely used to pick up Jenny was sold (when my investigator tried to go to inspect)
-We can only get the true GPS data from the the actual GPS company, and Corona nor the police have given us access.
- The police promised to attempt to polygraph the drivers 20 days ago. Nothing has happened.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/676114969230217/

WOW! This is unbelievable. Jenny's parents and the Chinese government are needed now more than ever. 8 hours of GPS are missing? That WHOLE company needs to be investigated for covering up a possible murder!

:thud:

Uggggggggggggggggggg.

What a freaking nightmare!!!

I found an English translation of Kugar's website. They appear to be a large and reputable company. I'm still digging, but I thought I'd post this for our information.
http://www.kugar.com.mx/quienes_somos_en.html

Their base of operations is in Tuxtepec Oaxaca. There are dormitories and other services for the drivers. They have 280 drivers and 240 trucks. All units have QFS Qualcomm Satellite Tracking System.
http://www.kugar.com.mx/servicios_en.html

Apparently, disabling the Qualcomm device is fairly easy and done by drivers for various reasons, from sleeping to moonlighting.
http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...s/qualcomm-how-to-hide-from-big-brother.9101/

BOTH trucks disabled their GPS trackers for 8 hours? Hmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member