Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what they refer to as the green jacket?

1506_tomada-de-twitter_620x350.jpg
Fiscal%C3%ADa-Solitud-apoyo-b%C3%BAsqueda-Jenny-Chen-2.jpg

This looks like black yoga pants on the right:

chen-600x400.jpg

This photo from Find Jenny fb shows her wearing more modest black pants in Oaxaca, they might also be considered yoga pants if stretchy and pull on. She seemed to wear the turqoise shirt constantly. Screenshot_20160923-115041.png

The only black pants I've seen in pictures are these, I wonder if those are the same sneakers she was wearing when she went missing:

10863955_1462236458.7408_funddescription.jpg

There was a photo on one of the missing posters of her in yoga pants, it sure looks like a location in Mexico: hole in the sidewalk, phone number painted on a bright blue wall, poorly cemented ramp to sidewalk, poster on telephone pole.

It's on the first post in thread 1 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?305943-Mexico-Jenny-Chen-26-Oaxaca-11-April-2016-1

I think that photo was taken before she got to Mexico, when she was still in Seattle. I saw that pic on her weibo, for a post dated 2/13/16. I think she arrived in Mexico a couple or so weeks later, in the beginning of March. She said:
" "Brat" sticking, is a gift from Jon". http://m.tw.weibo.com/jennycqd/3941942909663251

She may have changed her mind about taking the pants to Mexico, but what I mostly wondered was who reported what clothing she was wearing. I am guessing it was the two witnesses we've heard about, the ones who saw her hitching the ride on the truck? But if she didn't take yoga pants, I hope they aren't mistaken on who they saw...

What a sad case! I searched and didn't find a thread. Here's how to start a thread. I'll let you do it so you'll know how for future reference. The first time is the most nerve wracking. :scared:.

Snipped for brevity.
Thank you, Lilibet, for the how-to. Before I saw your directions, I reported my own post to the mods to ask them to forward the info to someone who could start a thread on the missing man. I don't know if that was wrong of me...but I'll wait to see what happens before I decide if I want to (gulp) try my hand at it.

Snipped for brevity.
Thank you, Lilibet, for the how-to. Before I saw your directions, I reported my own post to the mods to ask them to forward the info to someone who could start a thread on the missing man. I don't know if that was wrong of me...but I'll wait to see what happens before I decide if I want to (gulp) try my hand at it.

That was a good idea. We can keep checking to see if it happens. But I have every confidence you can do it. And if you make a mistake, as I have done a few times, a mod can clean it up for you! :D

Sadly, Jenny's case has certainly soured any notion I may have had of seeing more of Mexico some day.

Mexico is a vast, diverse, and beautiful country full of amazing sites, some of the best food in the world, and warm, welcoming people. Don't let Jenny's case dissuade you from exploring. Just practice more common sense and have better self preservation instincts than she did.

Thanks Bessie! I just posted two photos.

It's so nice to have you back!! :loveyou: I hope your hubby is doing better.
Thank you, Lilibet. Hopefully I'll be around for a while. We're in a holding pattern at the moment. Waiting to move on to the next step, and enjoying the respite in between. :hug:

Thanks Bessie! I just posted two photos.

It's so nice to have you back!! :loveyou: I hope your hubby is doing better.

Thank you from me, too, Bessie! I am so appreciative your starting the thread for Gene Figueroa.

i also send my sincerest well-wishes to you and your husband.

Thank you, Lilibet. Hopefully I'll be around for a while. We're in a holding pattern at the moment. Waiting to move on to the next step, and enjoying the respite in between. :hug:

You've got a lot of WSers praying for you; everyone really appreciates all you do; especially the families of these victims.
God Bless!

What a sad case! I searched and didn't find a thread. Here's how to start a thread. I'll let you do it so you'll know how for future reference. The first time is the most nerve wracking. :scared:

Go to the Forum and scroll down to Missing Persons Discussion. Click on it.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?60-Missing-Persons-Discussion

Just above the title, to the left you will see a Post New Thread button. Click on that to start the thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=60

I find it helpful to look at the titles of other threads to see how they are written. For example, here is another missing person in Mexico. Just follow that pattern and put Rosarito as the place.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?286245-Mexico-Juana-Flores-44-Monterrey-March-2015

It helps to post a photo if you can find one. Write a brief description of the situation, rather than only posting a link to MSM. But be sure to post all the links you can find.

Click on Submit New Thread and you're all done. Easy! Post the link here when you're done so we can follow it. :)

ETA: The page has a recent photo.
I swear web sleuths has the nicest members of any forum that I have read and posted to!

Sent from my SCH-I545

I was listening to SBS spanish news today, a young woman's body was found and she was a missing spanish woman
They also spoke about illegal taxis in which women were abducted, raped and in some cases murdered
I am using tapatalk from my phone, link from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37427495

Her name was Maria Villar Galaz and itdoes seem a "kidnap express" that went wrong
Could jenny also been a victim of something similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR says the 8 hours were "deleted from the system" so it's possible it was done by Kugar somehow in their main office to protect their employees. But I think it's also possible (and more likely) that the drivers disabled the system in their trucks as described above in the linked article. Either way, JR has no information. It sounds as if he can't get access to the GPS info directly from Qualcomm unless Corona or the police give permission. If I were JR, I'd go as high up as possible in Qualcomm for answers or to apply pressure.

Their headquarters are in San Diego. They have offices all over the world. I wouldn't bother with the one(s) in Mexico, personally.
https://www.qualcomm.com/contact

If it turns out that those 8 missing hours are not retrievable, there might still be something to be discovered. The location of the truck should be known at each end of the missing 8 hours. How far had the truck traveled in this 8 hours? What is between these two points? The Qualcomm systems often record more than just location. Depending on what data in addition to location was recorded, if any, some thoughts I have are: what was the truck mileage at the start of the missing 8 hours and what was it when the Qualcomm came back online? Does this mileage match a shortest travel route between the two locations? If not, what detours fit the mileage and the two locations (each side of the missing time). If recorded, how much truck fuel was used during the missing time? What roads are between the two locations (either side of the missing time)...what are all the travel possibilities between these two points? A professional who analyses these device recordings might find something (I am not such a person but I hope one who is, looks at the data in this case).

If it turns out that those 8 missing hours are not retrievable, there might still be something to be discovered. The location of the truck should be known at each end of the missing 8 hours. How far had the truck traveled in this 8 hours? What is between these two points? The Qualcomm systems often record more than just location. Depending on what data in addition to location was recorded, if any, some thoughts I have are: what was the truck mileage at the start of the missing 8 hours and what was it when the Qualcomm came back online? Does this mileage match a shortest travel route between the two locations? If not, what detours fit the mileage and the two locations (each side of the missing time). If recorded, how much truck fuel was used during the missing time? What roads are between the two locations (either side of the missing time)...what are all the travel possibilities between these two points? A professional who analyses these device recordings might find something (I am not such a person but I hope one who is, looks at the data in this case).
These are all great questions and this is excellent thinking. And I hate to always be the voice of pessimism, but I truly don't think that information will be forthcoming. Erring on the side of caution, it might behoove you to provide these suggestions to JR on his Find Jenny FB page... Or private message. His PI team may have already thought of it, or they may not have. It's at least worth the effort to pass your ideas along.

Great thinking. And what about their cell phones? I wonder if their phone records have been obtained. As they drive, isn't their movements tracked as they move from cell tower to cell tower, so you can get an idea where they've been? And of course, their call and text record can show a lot.

These are all great questions and this is excellent thinking. And I hate to always be the voice of pessimism, but I truly don't think that information will be forthcoming. Erring on the side of caution, it might behoove you to provide these suggestions to JR on his Find Jenny FB page... Or private message. His PI team may have already thought of it, or they may not have. It's at least worth the effort to pass your ideas along.

I agree with your assessment on the chances of this information being made available, as I believe there are powerful people in Mexico who are trying to keep this case from being solved. Still, I am hopeful.

I was on the HFJ Facebook forum early on, but was removed by CN due to my lack of diplomacy; my fault as much as hers. I don't have a personal email address for JR, but I am hopeful that he is aware of this Websleuths site and that he or someone close to him is monitoring it.

I still monitor the HFJ Facebook site and I noted that when asked by another member there, JR didn't know the name of the truck GPS monitoring company involved in this case, but he stated that his PI did know the name. Lilibet discovered not only the name of the company and that it is headquartered in the US, but also the type of device installed in all of the carrier's trucks. It really would be well if JR or someone close to him was monitoring this Websleuths site.

Great thinking. And what about their cell phones? I wonder if their phone records have been obtained. As they drive, isn't their movements tracked as they move from cell tower to cell tower, so you can get an idea where they've been? And of course, their call and text record can show a lot.

Great thinking. I don't know for sure how that works, but I believe if the phone is turned on then yes, it is tracked as it moves from the range of one tower to another. Certainly this would be the case if the phone were being used. Calls processed from the truck phone during that missing 8 hours would be of interest in themselves.

While the truck could have traveled a great distance during that missing 8 hours, if the GPS data revealed only a short distance traveled over the missing 8 hours, and this could be corroborated via a fuel or mileage record, then that might greatly reduce a possible search route/area.

EDIT: from Wikipedia:
Mobil Phone Tracking
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking
"To locate a mobile phone using multilateration of radio signals, it must emit at least the roaming signal to contact the next nearby antenna tower, but the process does not require an active call."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman