Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks everyone! I noticed the witness joined HFJ facebook page back in 2016. And I remember clearly seeing a video of Jenny that she posted on her facebook and also tagged Jenny. So they are obviously friends. So when she spotted Jenny, how come she didn't get a hold of her?

Thanks everyone! I noticed the witness joined HFJ facebook page back in 2016. And I remember clearly seeing a video of Jenny that she posted on her facebook and also tagged Jenny. So they are obviously friends. So when she spotted Jenny, how come she didn't get a hold of her?

I suppose Jenny (if it was Jenny) could have disappeared into the crowd, deliberately or not. It’s a huge city square. But why did it take this witness so long to get hold of JR? It’s interesting that she suddenly popped up with this story just when he was doing campaigns contacting/harassing Corona and trying to locate the driver. Everything stopped while he focused on her reported sighting. And now she won’t stay in touch? Has she been paid off by someone to do this? I’m not into conspiracy theories, but the timing has me puzzled.

Is this the same witness that said Jenny was disoriented and had amnesia? Maybe she did approach this person she thinks is Jenny, and that's how she concluded her unoffical diagnosis. However, I agree that there is a giant ??? about why anyone would wait this long to report a sighting.

On the Find Jenny FB page, someone posted an image of another person went missing around the same time as Jenny. In that same posting, the person referenced a lie about Jenny to JR. Does anyone know what that is about?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/

Is this the same witness that said Jenny was disoriented and had amnesia? Maybe she did approach this person she thinks is Jenny, and that's how she concluded her unoffical diagnosis. However, I agree that there is a giant ??? about why anyone would wait this long to report a sighting.

I’ve never been sure that it was actually the witness who described Jenny as perhaps being traumatized and having amnesia. It struck me as JR’s explanation for her absence and silence. He used the word “apparently” rather than saying that the witness said this. That left it open to being his thoughts IMO. Either way, why wait this long to report the sighting?

On the Find Jenny FB page, someone posted an image of another person went missing around the same time as Jenny. In that same posting, the person referenced a lie about Jenny to JR. Does anyone know what that is about?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/
BBM

I believe she is referencing the now-deleted post by JR giving the witness’s name and FB link and asking people to contact her. Either JR or someone else expressed concern that the witness had lied.

For all: To link a specific FB post, tap or click on the date of the post. It will become a separate link and be easier to find later on without searching the entire page. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/902206699954375/

Seems to me like a feeble attempt at a scam. Collect money from JR for info, etc. She probably backed off when she realized lots of eyes are on this.

Opinion and speculation only.

Because it was malarkey IMO. Lots of opportunists come out of the woodwork in situations like this. Opinion and speculation only.

So, the consensus here in WS is that no one saw Jenny in February 2016 Mexico City in the Federal Distict?

So, the consensus here in WS is that no one saw Jenny in February 2016 Mexico City in the Federal Distict?

It looks like there’s consensus that she was not seen. Has everyone weighed in?

While I hoped for JR’s sake that the sighting was real, and it initially looked like it was by someone new to the group, I was always concerned that he was being scammed. Now that we know that the witness is a longtime group member who met Jenny when she was in Mexico City, and is now seeming to distance herself with excuses, my concern has become suspicion. This witness needs a really good explanation for not contacting JR sooner...i.e thinking she was protecting Jenny from JR for some reason. Who knows what Jenny told her when they first met! I would love to know how she explained her delay to JR.

I've wanted to believe in the sighting, but am very skeptical in light of the recent event of this witness seeming to avoid JR and the PI. I hope she had been checked out with the PI already soon after she came forward with her report of seeing Jenny, and not a case where JR is only now asking her to meet with the PI for the validity of her report.

GigTu, you probably meant this, but just for accuracy, the purported sighting in Zocalo, Mexico City was in early Feb 2017, but wasn't reported to JR in Sept 2017, some 7 months later. Why she would wait that long is what doesn't make sense. Knowing she met Jenny personally prior in Jenny's trip, I would think she should have been more certain of her sighting as soon as she saw her.

Slowpoke, I want to know what the snail is saying to the tortoise in your avatar. It’s too blurry for me to read and I’m sure it’s laugh-worthy. :)

GigTu, you probably meant this, but just for accuracy, the purported sighting in Zocalo, Mexico City was in early Feb 2017, but wasn't reported to JR in Sept 2017, some 7 months later.

BBM. Sheesh, I should have proofread my own writing. I meant to write that it wasn't reported to JR *UNTIL* Sept 2017. Lol

Lilibet, the snail is saying, "WHEEEE!" :)

BBM. Sheesh, I should have proofread my own writing. I meant to write that it wasn't reported to JR *UNTIL* Sept 2017. Lol

Lilibet, the snail is saying, "WHEEEE!" :)

:floorlaugh: Love it!

I read it as “until” so it went right by me.

Yes, I did mean this year, 2017.

About 2 months ago I used 2016 on my signature of some legal documentation. I didn't catch it until the doc recorded, and the notary and recorder did not catch it either. It's on record as having been signed a year before the document existed. LoL

JR needs to have the PI check out this woman! Something is very fishy!

JR needs to have the PI check out this woman! Something is very fishy!

I wouldn’t bother. Unfortunately, all sorts of Charlatans prey on families of the missing or murdered. This is why any communications are best left to LE, or some similar team who can dispationately weed these nefarious creeps out.

I wouldn’t bother. Unfortunately, all sorts of Charlatans prey on families of the missing or murdered. This is why any communications are best left to LE, or some similar team who can dispationately weed these nefarious creeps out.

Unfortunately, JR’s PI is probably all he has. I don’t think LE is going to be bothered with this, and JR wouldn’t trust them if they did weed this woman out. I had assumed that the PI was one of the people who met with her originally and believed her story was valid, but I could be mistaken. I was thinking JR wants her to talk to the PI again to perhaps clear up some things based on the “research” JR mentioned was taking place. But since posts have disappeared, I can’t be sure.

I keep wondering if there is some connection between the witness and the driver. I’ve done a little comparison of FB friends, but it’s a bigger project than I want to take on just for a long shot. There was nothing obvious at first look. I also wondered if the witness was connected somehow to the poor family Jenny stayed with who finally asked her to leave. The daughter was a student and so is the witness, so could this be a revenge thing? If so, it would be very obscure and delayed. Just grasping at straws.

I been long removed, so has JR been declared not a POI anymore?

I been long removed, so has JR been declared not a POI anymore?

AFAIK JR was never declared a POI by Mexican or U.S. LE. Websleuthers are another matter, but we don’t count and he’s a victim here. Some feel differently. Personally, I don’t think he’d have gone this far looking for her if he had done something to her. I have to assume that Mexican LE did take a look at him, but just about everything we know comes from JR, so who knows?! Her name written in Chinese on the shopkeeper’s notebook indicates that she made it that far, but we don’t know for sure that she never made it to Cancun, except for the fact that she never withdrew the money she needed from an ATM and JR says she didn’t make it. That’s all we know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back