Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We don't know what Jenny's family "chose". LE has not located Jenny. No one has located Jenny.

The truck that reportedly picked Jenny up, was "sold" so that no forensic examination could be done. A "sold" vehicle should easily be located, but apparently this one was not.

The police did locate Jenny in southern Mexico. Jenny's family was pleased with that information. I have seen many missing persons threads on WS that ended that exact same way.

The police did locate Jenny in southern Mexico. Jenny's family was pleased with that information. I have seen many missing persons threads on WS that ended that exact same way.

That is quite a statement. Back it up by linking to a report of LE having found Jenny.

While none of us know for sure, it does seem logical that the assertion that Jenny's family was advised she was alive and still traveling seems right. Otherwise, why have they seemingly given up the search?

If I have the above correct, I have to assume she ditched JR and freely moved on. Given the lack of action from her family it seems as if they know where she is.

I have no more insights than the rest of you. The above is just conjecture.

That is what was reported: nothing more than a 'witness' claiming to have seen Jenny traveling. Not a locating of Jenny by LE.

Jenny will be 'located' when there is irrefutable proof of it.

No that is not what was reported. What was reported is that police gave Jenny's parents information that proved that she was still traveling in Southern Mexico. Jenny's parents were satisfied with that information, thanked the police, and then promptly returned to China.

Many missing persons cases end like that. The police locate the missing person. The person tells the officers that they are fine and want to be left alone. If the person is an adult, the police drop the matter right there.

That is quite a statement. Back it up by linking to a report of LE having found Jenny.

In addition, the embassy also funded the recruitment of Western translation, accompanied by Chen's parents around the activities. After many investigation, the Mexican police to provide encouraging information to prove that in late May Chen still in the southern part of the Mexican car ride. That the situation, Chen's family was pleased.

在墨西哥失联的温州女孩有消息了!

While none of us know for sure, it does seem logical that the assertion that Jenny's family was advised she was alive and still traveling seems right. Otherwise, why have they seemingly given up the search?

If I have the above correct, I have to assume she ditched JR and freely moved on. Given the lack of action from her family it seems as if they know where she is.

Since Jenny refused to give JR her new phone number in Mexico, I think you have it correct.

And I agree it is not believable that Jenny's parents would just go back to China and forget about their daughter.

The "encouraging information" was not a location of Jenny by LE. It was LE claiming that a witness had seen Jenny. Nothing more. Again, no one has yet located Jenny.

On the other hand, we have a close friend of Jenny who posted earlier this month of having visited Jenny's Dad in Wenzhou. From that post: "They went to look for you but didn't find you."

As of September 4th, according to this close friend of Jenny, her family has had no contact with her since she disappeared.

Based on the tone of your reply, I guess you overlooked my use of the word “possible” and the question mark I put after “JR” in the part you bolded. I never said JR was “handling” anything. You put words in my mouth and then take issue with what you think I said. I’m not disagreeing with you or making strong assertions about anything. I am simply expressing other valid possibilities.

My point was that we probably can’t be sure that their silence means that they have been in contact with her. We don’t know that, and as southlanecherry pointed out, with her knowledge of China, there could be other reasons for their silence. I merely added another possibility based on my experience with Stephanie Warner’s case. Just a possibility, not even an opinion, let alone a disagreement or an argument.

I don’t think her parents trust JR either. But her family never said they trusted Mexican LE. It was the Chinese Embassy press release that said they were satisfied with what they were told. We honestly don’t know how they feel so we can’t put words in their mouths. It was never reported, even in the press release, that Mexican LE put them in touch with Jenny, so we have no way of knowing whether that happened.

You’re probably right that we don’t trust Mexican and Chinese media...or Mexican LE for that matter. Some don’t trust JR either. So I guess one could ask a mod to label the thread “Found Safe” and/or just move on if one feels that strongly about the location of this thread in limbo.
JMO

First JR was not and is not now handling anything, except internet stalking of random people. It was Jenny's parents who were in Mexico talking with authorities, while JR was getting busted in a prostitution sting in Seattle. I think it safe to say Jenny's parents are not trusting JR, as a matter of fact, I don't think they are even talking to him. As far as them trusting Mexican LE, we know that. They said they had trust in the Mexican authorities.

The reports sounded to me like the typical end of a missing person's case. Just like hundreds of cases here in the US. Where the police announced that they have located the missing person. They are alive and well, and they have put them in touch with their families. No addition information will be released for privacy reasons. That's the point where WS threads are usually marked Found Safe. But for some reason this thread is still going a year and a half after it was reported that Jenny was found alive and well and continuing to travel in Mexico. I guess people don't want to trust the Mexican and Chinese news media. So I think this thread is going to be in limbo indefinitely, unless Jenny decides to surface and go public. Which I doubt she is going to do.
BBM

My wife and I traveled in southern Mexico. Chiapas and Oaxaca. I speak Spanish, but we were birdwatching and generally avoided people. We were stopped by Federal Police and they asked what we were doing. We saw the local Police in big pickups. They did not bother us. We went through an Indian village and they had chosen a new Queen. We donated money to them, as they requested and they let us past. We never had any trouble because we stayed together.

What I find shocking is the fact that Jenny went hitching alone in a Mexican state well known to be pretty lawless and full of well armed drug cartels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome: Robert. I appreciate your experience and insight. From the very beginning people were shocked that Jenny would go alone into Mexico the way she did. For that reason, massive public support has been lacking IMO. If only she hadn’t....:(

We don't know what if anything Jenny's Chinese family is able to do. Not reading Chinese might also keep the family's efforts from coming to our attention.

Regarding Jenny's family returning to China before making contact with Jenny, that is understandable because of their financial situation. Reportedly, Jenny's family was only able to make the trip to Mexico because they received charitable funding from the Embassy and other sources. Once that funding was discontinued, the family would have had no choice but to use the donated airline ticket and return to China.

Based on the tone of your reply, I guess you overlooked my use of the word “possible” and the question mark I put after “JR” in the part you bolded. I never said JR was “handling” anything. You put words in my mouth and then take issue with what you think I said. I’m not disagreeing with you or making strong assertions about anything. I am simply expressing other valid possibilities.

Maybe I misunderstood what you said. Your exact words.

it’s possible they just trust LE (and JR?) to handle it

We don't know what if anything Jenny's Chinese family is able to do. Not reading Chinese might also keep the family's efforts from coming to our attention.

Regarding Jenny's family returning to China before making contact with Jenny, that is understandable because of their financial situation. Reportedly, Jenny's family was only able to make the trip to Mexico because they received charitable funding from the Embassy and other sources. Once that funding was discontinued, the family would have had no choice but to use the donated airline ticket and return to China.

By the way, I speak Chinese, if you need help with anything. Also Spanish and French. FYI
Robert321

slowpoke, I looked up the links you gave me. They are nothing of importance unfortunately.

The link from GigTu is a basically an online forum where people post discussions about all sort of topics. This particular page is not even made by Jenny. It was made by someone else and the topic of the thread is called jennycqd which is her weibo username. It makes sense that it was made on April 29, some time after Jenny's disappearance. For some reason it did not gather any attention. But I have seen plenty of forum threads about her disappearance. The general tone is not very positive and sympathetic.

The link from Dexter is a some kind of sub page under a WenZhou (Jenny's hometown) real estate info page. The main website shows the buy/sale info of houses in the city of WenZhou. And this is just a blog page connected to the main website where users can write blogs (about buy and selling property and interest I assume). This is Jenny's page. It has her phone number, but I doubt it is still in use because this page was made in 2010.

FYI everyone, I will be traveling for the next month. I will check in whenever I can but probably won't be able to keep up with this everything. If anything needs to be translated, please send me a direct message or a link to the particular post. It will save me lots of time of going through posts. Thanks!

SLcherry, thank you for taking a look at those sites for us. I am especially disappointed to hear from you that the page Dex found with the date of 4/29 was not an account opened by Jenny. I was really hoping it was "the smoking gun" (to use a phrase) that was evidence of Jenny being out and about after 4/11.

Have safe travels, and do keep checking in for the latest. You've been a great help!

Maybe I misunderstood what you said. Your exact words.

Just go back and carefully re-read both my original post that you have snipped and posted without context, and my entire response to your reply. Both of my posts, read in their entirety, are as clear and unambiguous as possible.

Links for convenience.

My original response....
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-4&p=13656508#post13656508

My reply to your response...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-4&p=13657324#post13657324

By the way, I speak Chinese, if you need help with anything. Also Spanish and French. FYI
Robert321

Wow! Three languages! I’m impressed Robert! Thank you for your offer. I’m sure we can put you to work! :) Our Spanish speaking members aren’t checking and our Chinese translator Cherry is away, so stick around.

Here is a thread about a missing French girl. I don’t know if they need help translating, but take a look. Translators come and go, so you never know.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...De-Araujo-9-Pont-de-Beauvoisin-27-August-2017

I will stay. I am retired with a heart condition, so I ain't going anywhere (except a birding trip to Charleston in October).

About Jenny's disappearance, how about the psychological angle.

1. She wanted to see a psychiatrist. Was she flighty and distracted.
2. What about the sexual angle ? She was a pretty girl alone in rural Mexico. A perp could have pushed her down, ripped her pants off and raped her. He would have buried the body after that. Maybe I have the mind of a murderer...
3. I don't put it past the Mexican police to just lie to the Chinese parents, to smooth things over. To keep the heat off. "Yes, madam. Your daughter is fine....". The authorities have lied about the 43 leftist students who were massacred in Oaxaca in 2014. Drug couriers killed them and burned 43 cadavers in a pit. Just saying.

If Jenny does indeed have some kind of amnesia...I don't think we can know the answer to this, not knowing her mindset...but what I wonder is if she would be more likely, or less likely to be keeping herself around other Chinese, as in the Chinatowns or communities they might tend to congregate in. I see that there is a small Chinatown in the Mexico City area (Zocalo is near it, Zocalo being where JR seems to be focusing now), but there's a couple near the northern border, in Mexicali and Tijuana.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinatowns_in_Latin_America

Robert321: I, too, am very impressed with your language abilities! A real asset on these boards. I'm glad you will add your input here. :) Welcome.

Robert321

That's great, Robert321. If you run across anything in Chinese on the internet, regarding Jenny or her family, please let us know. Jenny's Chinese name is Chen Qun Dan.

That's great, Robert321. If you run across anything in Chinese on the internet, regarding Jenny or her family, please let us know. Jenny's Chinese name is Chen Qun Dan.

Her Chinese name is 陈群丹. Thanks.

If Jenny is still alive, I think the only amnesia she has is self imposed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back