Found Deceased Mexico - Kevin, 41, Amy, 38, Sterling, 12, & Adrianna Sharp, 7, Tulum, 15 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
USA TODAY: New details emerge on Iowa family's death in Mexico

'There was a leak, and it was coming right from the laundry room,' a lead investigator said in Mexico.

https://usat.ly/2GzUzWP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That is such a sad story. The parents asleep apparently and the kids in front of the TV. I am sure once the cell phones are returned they will reveal lots of photos of the family on vacation. Heartbreaking.

How incredibly sad. Having just returned from vacationing at a rented condo, this sends chills up my spine. Here they were having a fun family vacation and BAM! ... the end. I'm heartsick for their family and friends.

Condo was Active Sale listing at time of deaths of Sharp family. http://luisperez3.point2agent.com/Akumal_q_roo/Quintana_Roo/Homes/TAO/Agent/Listing_271681735.html. In April 2018, the listing agent stated, "...Current owner of the Unit is making some renovations on this unit so unit needs to wait a bit to be sold. so it will not be the case until further notice."

The owners were also listing unit for sale on another website. Casa Soluna Riviera Maya Hideaway.

There's upstairs rooftop hot tub. Don't know if same water heater was used for hot tub. Also from listing floorplan of condo, it looks like above the water heater were the stairs leading to rooftop deck.
What I read is that the washer dryer was new, 2017. . I wonder if there were any previous insurance claims on condo.
I wonder what home inspections, if any, were done when property listed for sale or to prepare for sale listing.

"[Owner] recommend that you keep the doors and windows closed while spraying is occurring; listen for the hum of the jet fogger."
Daily spraying was around 5pm. I wonder what time the family retreated to the rental property the day they died.

VRBO deleted posting was VRBO: 593514 .
March 2018 reviews from California: Guests (5 or 6) - rented same unit in March 2018 (per March 13, 2018) review on rental website, so I wonder if they noticed ANYTHING about the venting or if there was any maintenance issues. The other reviews noted the attentiveness of the property manager, so I wonder if the property manager ever stopped by to visit with The Sharps to provide any customer service or concerige type help. It would be interesting to know what cleaning service cleaned condo prior to Sharp family occupying. The condition of water heater looks pretty bad for a unit that advertises new updated stuff.

I wonder if the family felt ill or tired or had any symptons around the time the gases adversely affected them. kids in one room, mom in another room, dad in another room, different body weights and reaction levels (fright or flight) yet all died without one trying to get help. When they arrived at the rental, did property manager meet and greet them and give keys and show them around unit? If so, did property manager feel ill due to gases at any time? Did housecleaners who cleaned property prior to arrival feel ill at any time?

Rental unit advertised $500 deposit-
$100 cleaning-
Assuming check out was supposed to be 3/21/18- when did rental owners or property manager plan to clean unit and return deposit? Why did it take until reported 3AM due to a call from Sharp relatives on 3/23/18, for anyone aside from the Sharps to enter unit?

This condo was advertised under one for sale web page for Casa Soluna cached:
"You can buy Casa Soluna completely finished, furnished and move-in ready, for $200,500 USD

and assuming the developer-financed mortgage of approximately $108,500 as of 1 November 2017*

Of course, you have the option of paying us the full $309,000 USD outright, and we will take care of

paying off the mortgage and related fees.

There is a monthly Maintenance fee of approximately $300 USD, and an annual insurance premium for

the structure itself of approximately $225 USD (fees vary with exchange rates).

The Maintenance fee will transition into a Homeowner's Association dues payment

once the development is completed and an HOA is established. Until that time, we pay to maintain

the grounds, utilities and public areas."

I feel so sad for the friends, family, and relatives of the Sharps.

There was daily pesticide spraying at resort 5pm to around 6pm, in which it was recommended guests close all windows and stay inside during this time. Perhaps they died short time after Kevin sent text to Travis....no ventilation with all doors and window closed...water heater gas leak- so devastating.

Here's the condo which was for sale at time Sharps rented: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...g%20pic%20page.html+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back