SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article says she wasn't the only one self dealing. Bubba may for real be the only honest one in town.

• Hill and at least five other clerks paid themselves with the federal money.

This article says she wasn't the only one self dealing. Bubba may for real be the only honest one in town.

• Hill and at least five other clerks paid themselves with the federal money.
I have to laugh or I'll throw my computer across the room. This whole cast of misfits are an embarrassment to the Judicial System and if found guilty of the allegations, I'd like to see some jail time for BH too.

JMO

Wonder if Harpootlian representing Alec contributed to his loosing the primary. He’s held that office for a long time.

Richard Alexander “Buster” Murdaugh Jr. has filed a defamation lawsuit against several media companies for falsely accusing him in connection with the 2015 murder of Stephen Smith “with reckless indifference to the truth.” The complaint (.pdf) – filed in Hampton County last Friday (June 14, 2024) – seeks actual and punitive damages against these companies for damaging his reputation “irreparably.”
[…]

The eight defendants named in the lawsuit included the creators and distributors of three documentary series, a local newspaper, and its editor – Blackfin, Inc., Warner Bros Discovery, Inc., Warner Media Entertainment Pages, Inc., Campfire Studios Inc., The Cinemart LLC, Netflix, Inc., Gannett Co. Inc.and Michael M. DeWitt, Jr – the editor of the Hampton County Guardian.

[…]

Richard Alexander “Buster”Murdaugh Jr. has filed a defamation lawsuit against several media companies for falsely accusing him in connection with the 2015 murder of Stephen Smith “with reckless indifference to the truth.” The complaint (.pdf) – filed in Hampton County last Friday (June 14, 2024) – seeks actual and punitive damages against these companies for damaging his reputation “irreparably.”
[…]

The eight defendants named in the lawsuit included the creators and distributors of three documentary series, a local newspaper, and its editor – Blackfin, Inc., Warner Bros Discovery, Inc., Warner Media Entertainment Pages, Inc., Campfire Studios Inc., The Cinemart LLC, Netflix, Inc., Gannett Co. Inc.and Michael M. DeWitt, Jr – the editor of the Hampton County Guardian.

[…]

The 12 page complaint linked in the above story:

Wonder if Harpootlian representing Alec contributed to his loosing the primary. He’s held that office for a long time.

He needs to go somewhere, sit down and be quiet. I think we've all had enough of DH.

JMO

July 11, 2024
COLUMBIA — Convicted murderer and serial fraudster Alex Murdaugh asked the S.C. Supreme Court to review a judge's decision earlier this year denying his request for a new trial in the killings of his wife and son.

Murdaugh's defense team filed the motion July 10 citing a rule in the S.C. Court of Appeals where the case is currently pending. In special circumstances, the state's highest court can assume jurisdiction of a case before appellate judges make their determination.

The process, known as certification, is appropriate in cases of significant public interest or if the legal argument holds major importance.

Both are true in Murdaugh's case, his defense team argues.

…….

Courts across the country are split in how they handle jury-tampering allegations. The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled in 1954 that the burden rests on prosecutors — not the defense — to establish alleged jury tampering was harmless in reaching a verdict.
The same standard should've applied in this case, Murdaugh's attorneys argued in their request for the state Supreme Court to step in.
The S.C. Attorney General's Office, which prosecuted the murder case, has 10 days to file a response to Murdaugh's latest motion. The office won't be making additional comments, a spokesman said.
It's unclear when the Supreme Court will decide whether to take over the case.

" Attorneys for Alex Murdaugh are asking a federal appeals court to reconsider the length of his federal financial crimes sentence."

The man just won't go away! He's not getting out so I don't know why he's bothering with this? His ego won't let him I guess.

Oh I didn't know there was such a thing as the Social Security Life Expectancy Chart. Good to know I have about 23.1 yrs left on the clock!!

SC attorney general names Solicitor Rick Hubbard of Lexington to help with Becky Hill probe - The State

Eleventh Judicial Circuit Solicitor Rick Hubbard and one of his top deputies will assist the S.C. Attorney General and his office in any prosecutions of former Colleton County Clerk of Court Becky Hill.

In a letter sent Thursday to Hubbard, Wilson indicated he had talked to Hubbard about designating him and his deputy solicitor, Suzanne Mayes, to assist in ongoing South Carolina Law Enforcement Division investigations regarding Hill.

Hubbard has agreed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst