GUILTY Mexico - Monica Beresford-Redman, 42, Cancun, 5 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I guess the aunts do have liberal visitation. I saw on ABC or FOX, not sure which, video of the aunt returning the kids to the grandparents home after what was called a weekend visitation. It was on the day of the arrest and the grandparents seemed very mad. The granddad yanked one of the kids from the aunts and they tried not to let the aunt kiss the kids goodbye. Seemed to be some arguing but she persisted and kissed the kids before they were dragged off. I imagine the grandparents were angry about the arrest and angry at the aunts who support such an arrest. I'll see if I can find a link to the video.

He's a total flight risk!! Isn't he holding another passport other than US??? Canada here I come, or UK, or anywhere in SA without an extradition treaty. Sheesh. Give it up already.

I'm thrilled he was arrested!! But why did it take 8 months???

He will remain in custody until November 29th:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/11/court-survivor-producer-loses-bid-freedom

COURT: Survivor Producer Loses Bid For Freedom

Bruce Beresford-Redman - accused of killing his wife in Mexico - will remain behind bars until a November 29 hearing, RadarOnline.com is reporting.

[snip]

In court on Wednesday, Bruce, wearing a white t-shirt, watched on silently as Judge Susan Segal asked the U.S. Attorney if it had filed formal extradition paperwork yet.

[snip]

I'm thrilled he was arrested!! But why did it take 8 months???

Well if you believe his friend (?) on JVM tonight, it's just how the justice system works. They send the papers in Spanish, then they had to translate, then send them to this person, that person, blah blah blah and don't forget he is INNOCENT.

Sounds like the evidence is pretty strong. I hope Mexico takes care of this, because there really isn't anything the US can do to him since the crime was over there. :furious:

Report: 'Survivor' Producer Barred From Using Wife's Assets to Finance Murder Defense

LOS ANGELES -- The sisters of slain restaurateur Monica Beresford-Redman have obtained a court order blocking her TV producer husband from tapping into his wife's assets.

According to the court order granted, obtained by TMZ, Monica's assets "may not be sold, encumbered or transferred without Court order" ... "Specifically, Bruce Beresford-Redman does not have the authority to encumber Monica's interest."

more here

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-mexico-producer-missing-arrested,0,2984171.story

Hey, I hope everyone understands my comments about to come. A life is a life...and any life's connections to the entertainment industry do not make that lost life more important than any other loss.

Please don't bash me. Those families just get easier MSM press and more LE force, and assuredly don't suffer as much financial loss than those that are not nearly so affluent or connected.

I'm sorry for their loss, but you KWIM?

Oh never mind...

EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Beresford Redman's 'Suspicious' Phone Call To Millionaire Pal

A lawyer for millionaire businessman Tim Blixseth has told RadarOnline.com that his client ‘immediately felt suspicious’ when he took a frantic telephone call from murder suspect Bruce Beresford Redman.

The wealthy entrepreneur even switched the call to speakerphone so that he had some witnesses for when he actually spoke with Beresford Redman.

In court documents obtained by RadarOnline.com, Blixseth gave a statement to United States law enforcement following the murder of Monica Burgos and said that “he had not heard from Beresford (Redman) in a year when he received an email from Beresford on April 7, 2010, indicating that Beresford’s wife was missing.

Blixseth told authorities he asked Beresford (Redman) to call him, which he did at 6:30pm that evening, and said, “I lost my wife.” Blixseth stated “it was if Beresford (Redman) was reading from a script.”

The documents said "Blixseth stated the Beresford (Redman) was very calm and it was as if he had just lost his dog."

And now the Blixseth’s attorney, Michael Flynn, revealed how his client was surprised to get the call from Beresford (Redman) who was only a faint acquaintance of his.

“The reason that he called Tim was because he knew that he owned a resort in Mexico and felt that he might be able to help in with some of his contacts,” Flynn said.

“Tim knows a lot of people in the entertainment industry because he is an accomplished song writer too and he had met (Beresford) Redman about a year before at some Hollywood event.

“When he called him, he was immediately suspicious and put the call through to speakerphone so that three or four other friends could witness the conversation.

“Immediately afterwards, Tim called the FBI because he was anxious about the way (Beresford) Redman spoke and when he told him that his wife had gone missing in Mexico.

[snip]

More about the call at the link below:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...redmans-suspicious’phone-call-millionaire-pal

http://www.presstelegram.com/breakingnews/ci_16733241

Former 'Survivor' producer due back in court for bail hearing

Former "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman is due back in Los Angeles federal court today for a hearing in which a judge will decide whether he will be freed on bail during what could be a year of extradition proceedings.

Reality TV producer denied bail in Mexico murder case

(snipped)

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman must stay in jail while his lawyers fight his extradition to Mexico on a charge that he murdered his wife at a Cancun resort, a federal judge ruled Monday.

U.S. Magistrate Suzanne Segal denied Beresford-Redman's bail request, finding that there was a risk he would flee while the extradition process, which could take months, is under way in Los Angeles.

A Mexican judge signed an "aggravated homicide" warrant last May accusing Beresford-Redman of killing his wife, Monica Beresford-Redman, "by asphyxiating her" at the Moon Palace Resort on April 5. Her body was found in a resort sewer on April 8.

more @ link

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/29/california.survivor.producer.case/index.html

Murder suspect's dad: Help sell cars, get an interview

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Moments after a federal judge denied former "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman's motion to have his murder arrest warrant dismissed, his father made an unusual offer to reporters.

David Beresford-Redman, who has shunned cameras and microphones until now, walked down the steps of the U.S. District Courthouse after his son's hearing handing out a sheet describing three cars.

"The first organization that comes up with buyers for those cars will get an interview on camera," Beresford-Redman said.

The cars were owned and driven by his son and daughter-in-law, Monica Beresford-Redman, before she was found dead in a sewer at a Cancun, Mexico, resort, he said.

Since Bruce Beresford-Redman is facing extradition to Mexico to face a murder charge, his father and mother have custody of their two children and control of their property.

"They're part of the estate," he said. The $56,000 raised from the sale would go to the young children, he said.

"They're great cars," Beresford-Redman said.

more at http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/07/survivor.producer.extradition/

Judge Rejects Beresford-Redman's Second Request for Release

A Los Angeles federal judge rejected a second effort to have former "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman released from custody in connection with the killing of his wife in Mexico.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Suzanne H. Segal concluded a 30-minute hearing by ruling that evidence presented by Mexican officials in support of Beresford- Redman's arrest warrant was "sufficiently reliable, thorough and compelling."

Beresford-Redman, 38, is charged in Mexico with the killing of his 41-year- old wife, Monica, whose body was found April 8 in a sewage tank at the Moon Palace hotel in Cancun.

He has been held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in downtown Los Angeles since his arrest Nov. 16 at his home in Rancho Palos Verdes by U.S. marshals and the FBI.

Last week, Segal ruled that Beresford-Redman is a flight risk -- illustrated by his leaving Mexico when he was being investigated for his wife's murder -- and ordered that he remain jailed while extradition proceedings go forward.

more at http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Judge-Rejects-Beresford-Redmans-Second-Request-for-Release-111487169.html

Mexico details case against ex 'Survivor' producer

LOS ANGELES – Mexican authorities have offered the most detailed account of their case against a former "Survivor" producer accused of killing his wife in Cancun, including chronicles of their tumultuous relationship.

The shipment of more than 400 pages of investigative documents led federal prosecutors in Los Angeles on Monday to formally request that Bruce Beresford-Redman be extradited to stand trial on an aggravated homicide charge. He is suspected of killing his wife, Monica, during a family vacation last April.

While many of the details have been previously released by U.S. prosecutors, the Mexican documents include detailed witness statements and forensic reports that Beresford-Redman's attorneys have been seeking.

more at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110201/ap_en_ce/us_producer_s_wife_killed;_ylt=AsuvKm9.KDLaf1jvdxP_snC99bQF;_ylu=X3oDMTNubTJqZzFlBGFzc2V0Ay9zL2FwLzIwMTEwMjAxL2FwX2VuX2NlL3VzX3Byb2R1Y2VyX3Nfd2lmZV9raWxsZWQEY2NvZGUDZ21wcmRuYmUEY3BvcwM1BHBvcwM1BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDbWV4aWNvZGV0YWls

Apparently a lot of forensic and other evidence. Much more at at the link:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/documents-detail-beresford-redman-death-mexico/story?id=12815694

Grim Details Revealed in Death of Monica Beresford-Redman

Documents gathered in the investigation into the death of the wife of former TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman reveal that Monica Beresford-Redman may have been punched in the face before she was asphyxiated while the family was on vacation in Cancun, Mexico.

The documents also reveal that authorities believe the couple had marital problems that lasted years, and included mental abuse, as well as Bruce Beresford-Redman's addiction to phone sex with bills totaling $5,000.

TV producer ordered extradited to face charges in wife's murder

A federal judge found probable cause Tuesday to extradite a former producer of the "Survivor" TV show to Mexico to face charges that he killed his wife at a Cancun resort and dumped her body in a sewage tank.

A shackled Bruce Beresford-Redman, 41, showed little emotion as U.S. Magistrate Judge Jacqueline Chooljian announced the finding.

more at http://www.latimes.com/news/local/-la-me-extradition-20110713,0,1153183.story

TV producer ordered extradited to face charges in wife's murder

A federal judge found probable cause Tuesday to extradite a former producer of the "Survivor" TV show to Mexico to face charges that he killed his wife at a Cancun resort and dumped her body in a sewage tank.

A shackled Bruce Beresford-Redman, 41, showed little emotion as U.S. Magistrate Judge Jacqueline Chooljian announced the finding.

more at http://www.latimes.com/news/local/-la-me-extradition-20110713,0,1153183.story

GREAT! It's about time. I pray every day for those 2 children, just as I do Stacy Peterson's. Are they still with the paternal grandparents I wonder?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back