Found Deceased Mexico - Patrick Braxton-Andrew, 34, American tourist, Urique, Chihuahua, 28 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the various news articles it is stated that Patrick´s last text messages were made from an internet cafe (a landline connection?). It is also stated that Patrick also had a cellphone, which his brother Kerry believes Patrick took with him when he left the hotel late Sunday afternoon. His family doesn´t think Patrick went for a hike, because he left his camera in the hotel and never hiked without it. Might Patrick have been making an exploration of possible locations for taking photos the following morning, in the nice early morning light? Why would he take a cellphone with him in a place like Urique, when he left everything else behind, including camera and debit card? Is there cellphone service at Urique? He might have been intending to use the camera function of the cellphone to do research for a possible photo shoot the following day.

Last edited:
Is his camera an expensive one? He might have left it behind out of caution.

I always find it very risky, bordering on stupidity, when tourists bring expensive equipment into comparatively poor countries, and especially if they insist on shooting in poor areas of the city. A 1000 Euro camera for some means a half year income, I think it's crazy to carry it around openly.

Maybe he didn't want to become the target for a robbery. This would be my best guess why he left his camera (as well as bank card) behind.

Deceased but still missing according to recent reports:

Authorities Say Criminal Organization Killed NC Teacher In Mexico
Authorities Say Criminal Organization Killed NC Teacher In Mexico

FB page:
Missing/Desaparecido - Patrick Braxton-Andrew

From the article:

Authorities in Mexico say a 34-year-old North Carolina man missing in a remote area for more than two weeks died on Oct. 28 "at the hands of a criminal organization."

[...]

Friends posted the news on Facebook this afternoon, saying the information came from officials in Chihuahua State.

It wasn't immediately clear how or where he died and his body is still missing. The post said only police are still searching.

Urique is a former mining village at the base of a canyon that is part of the Copper Canyon National Park. The area has seen violent conflicts over illegal logging, which locals believe are fronts for money laundering by Mexican drug cartels.

[...]

The family is sharing information through a Facebook page - Missing/Desaparecido - Patrick Braxton-Andrew.

This is deeply saddening to hear.

The authorities have determined and given this tragic news to Patrick's loved ones and I believe that they will continue to seek out the criminals involved.

This dear young man whom we have heard was so greatly loved, may have found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time, which can tragically happen.

May his loved ones hold one another close during this incredibly difficult time.

Rest in Peace, Patrick.

The family seems to believe Mexican authorities. They must have shown them some sort of proof? Usually in situations like this (no body found) the family clings to hope and doesn't accept their loved one is gone.

According to a Facebook group that has been following Braxton-Andrew's disappearance, the Davidson College graduate was killed on Oct. 28 "at the hands of a criminal organization that operates in the area where he was traveling."

The Facebook group says they got the new information from Chihuahua State authorities. Braxton-Andrew's body has not been found.

"Patrick died doing what he loved—traveling and meeting people," the post announcing the news read. "Join us in celebrating his life as he would want us to do. We will always remember Patrick and his joy for life. We love you PBA."

Reports: Missing NC teacher killed by ’criminal organization’ while hiking in Mexico

According to a Facebook group that has been following Braxton-Andrew's disappearance, the Davidson College graduate was killed on Oct. 28 "at the hands of a criminal organization that operates in the area where he was traveling."

The Facebook group says they got the new information from Chihuahua State authorities. Braxton-Andrew's body has not been found.

"Patrick died doing what he loved—traveling and meeting people," the post announcing the news read. "Join us in celebrating his life as he would want us to do. We will always remember Patrick and his joy for life. We love you PBA."

Reports: Missing NC teacher killed by ’criminal organization’ while hiking in Mexico
I believe this is true. But for some reason the news reported that it wan't confirmed by authorities yet. Wonder what needs to happen before definite confirmation. I'm guessing there is an informant who knows and told LE. Or told the Facebook group. jmo

I believe this is true. But for some reason the news reported that it wan't confirmed by authorities yet. Wonder what needs to happen before definite confirmation. I'm guessing there is an informant who knows and told LE. Or told the Facebook group. jmo

I agree the info probably comes from an informant. They will probably have to find his body to confirm it. JMO. :(

The Chihuahua state authorities and the criminal organization are probably one and the same.There are places in Mexico that are too dangerous to have a legit police force so most align with the cartels.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back