Found Deceased Mexico - Patrick Braxton-Andrew, 34, American tourist, Urique, Chihuahua, 28 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Chihuahua state authorities and the criminal organization are probably one and the same.There are places in Mexico that are too dangerous to have a legit police force so most align with the cartels.
But why would he have been murdered? Did he do something to the "cartel" to anger them? He was just a tourist. I don't know, there is something really wrong here. I still wonder about the "desk man."

I imagine that the Criminal Organization was sick and tired of all the searches going on in their territory and informed the "police" to make it go away. I'm thinking that when it was mentioned that they were going to use Black Hawk Helicopters to aid in the search for Braxton, that was the last straw for them. The police in Mexico are so corrupt and most times part of the Criminal Organization themselves.

He could have been killed by this Criminal Organization or not, but the police are going to use this story to try and put this to rest. So sad......JMO

I imagine that the Criminal Organization was sick and tired of all the searches going on in their territory and informed the "police" to make it go away. I'm thinking that when it was mentioned that they were going to use Black Hawk Helicopters to aid in the search for Braxton, that was the last straw for them. The police in Mexico are so corrupt and most times part of the Criminal Organization themselves.

He could have been killed by this Criminal Organization or not, but the police are going to use this story to try and put this to rest. So sad......JMO
It’s reported that he was killed on October 28. That’s the day he was missing. If he’s been deceased all this time then the searching wouldn’t have been the cause of his death. Jmo

But why would he have been murdered? Did he do something to the "cartel" to anger them? He was just a tourist. I don't know, there is something really wrong here. I still wonder about the "desk man."
Wrong place wrong time. Definitely wrong place. Who is desk man? I missed that.

Nowhere in Mexico is safe anymore.

RIP Patrick

you really have to do your due diligence to travel there. especially in areas where there is suspected cartel activity, and especially travelling alone. :(

The Chihuahua state authorities and the criminal organization are probably one and the same.There are places in Mexico that are too dangerous to have a legit police force so most align with the cartels.

my (now) daughter in law from mexico was suprised when she found out my son was training to be an RCMP officer, it made her apprehensive towards him until he explained to her that our law enforcement was a bit more on the up and up. :D

It’s reported that he was killed on October 28. That’s the day he was missing. If he’s been deceased all this time then the searching wouldn’t have been the cause of his death. Jmo

I think what lonetraveler meant was that someone informed police about what happened to Patrick because of the searches, not that he was killed because of the searches.

I could see this happening even if they didn't kill him.I am sure they didn't want that attention and unless they suspected him of being some drug agent or robbery the killing don't make sense.

I didn't imply that the searching was the cause of his death. Unfortunately his parents are at the mercy of having to accept whatever is told to them, true or not. Mexican police are "solving" the case most likely because they have been told to make it go away.

American Missing in Mexico Was Killed by Drug Cartel Member, Officials Say

Authorities now say that Mr. Braxton-Andrew was killed that day by José Noriel Iran Gil, a member of the notorious Sinaloa drug cartel, which is active in much of the country, according to a Facebook post on the official page of Javier Corral Jurado, the governor of Chihuahua State.

The authorities said they are searching for the killer, but have not revealed how they determined Mr. Braxton-Andrew had been murdered. His body has not been found.

I think what lonetraveler meant was that someone informed police about what happened to Patrick because of the searches, not that he was killed because of the searches.
I can see why the criminal element there wouldn't want the searches going on. Makes sense they informed LE about the death to stop the searches. Just weird that they probably killed him, for whatever reason, and then advised the Law of killing him. It's so sad. What could he have done to get himself killed - murdered, in fact? I was looking for some partially reasonable reason why he was killed, if that makes sense.

I didn't imply that the searching was the cause of his death. Unfortunately his parents are at the mercy of having to accept whatever is told to them, true or not. Mexican police are "solving" the case most likely because they have been told to make it go away.
I understand. I actually was thinking of a possible reason that he would have been killed, and making the searching stop would have been somewhat of a rational (poor word) conclusion. To think that the criminals who likely killed him would tell the Law that they killed him in order to stop the searching is even more upsetting. Trying to make some sense of what he may have done to get himself killed...not that it was in any way his fault. Very sad.

American Missing in Mexico Was Killed by Drug Cartel Member, Officials Say

Authorities now say that Mr. Braxton-Andrew was killed that day by José Noriel Iran Gil, a member of the notorious Sinaloa drug cartel, which is active in much of the country, according to a Facebook post on the official page of Javier Corral Jurado, the governor of Chihuahua State.

The authorities said they are searching for the killer, but have not revealed how they determined Mr. Braxton-Andrew had been murdered. His body has not been found.
So back to being in a very wrong place at a very wrong time. Perhaps he shouldn't have been walking where he was walking and at the time he was walking, but not a reason to be killed. jmo

ETA "Under the progress of the investigation, I can say that it was a cowardly and brutal murder, of a totally innocent person, a clean man whose misfortune was to cross paths with this rascal," Mr. Corral wrote on Thursday.

I understand. I actually was thinking of a possible reason that he would have been killed, and making the searching stop would have been somewhat of a rational (poor word) conclusion. To think that the criminals who likely killed him would tell the Law that they killed him in order to stop the searching is even more upsetting. Trying to make some sense of what he may have done to get himself killed...not that it was in any way his fault. Very sad.
I don’t think he did anything to get himself killed. His killer known as ”El Chueco” is not your average criminal who needs a good reason to kill. Being in the Sinaloa territory may have been enough. Maybe because of his looks, Patrick was not recognizable as a tourist. Being a Spanish teacher, he may have even tried to communicate with his killer in Spanish when he got ”caught“ doing nothing but being at the wrong place at the wrong time. This may have sealed his faith.

I don’t think he did anything to get himself killed. His killer known as ”El Chueco” is not your average criminal who needs a good reason to kill. Being in the Sinaloa territory may have been enough. Maybe because of his looks, Patrick was not recognizable as a tourist. Being a Spanish teacher, he may have even tried to communicate with his killer in Spanish when he got ”caught“ doing nothing but being at the wrong place at the wrong time. This may have sealed his faith.
Oh I know. I didn't mean that he flagrantly did something outrageous to end up being murdered for. Your reasons make sense. He blended in and didn't appear to be an American tourist. Who knows, though, if that would have changed anything. I wrote the above post before I read about the actual person responsible for his death. Sounds like if you cross paths with this monster, death is inevitable. My brain is having a difficult time dealing with the untimely death of this innocent man who just happened to be somewhere he was noticed and this murderer thought he shouldn't be there.

Last edited:
Oh I know. I didn't mean that he flagrantly did something outrageous to end up being murdered for. Your reasons make sense. He blended in and didn't appear to be an American tourist. Who knows, though, if that would have changed anything. I wrote the above post before I read about the actual person responsible for his death. Sounds like if you cross paths with this monster, death is inevitable. My brain is having a difficult time dealing with the untimely death of this innocent man who just happened to be somewhere he was noticed and this murderer thought he shouldn't be there.
I agree. I'm struggling with this too. I wonder if police will truly try to find this murderer or will they just leave well enough alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back