Mexico Mexico - Rebecca Coriam, 24, Disney Cruise Employee, Coast of Mexico, 22 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://mx.reuters.com/article/topNews/idMXN0126765320110401

MEXICO CITY, March 31 (Reuters) - Mexico's navy said Thursday it has indefinitely suspended the search for a British woman who disappeared ten days ago for a Disney cruise. Rebecca Coriam, 24, was last seen March 21 on the Disney Wonder, then traveling in waters off the west coast of Mexico. Captain Jose Luis Tlatelpa said the Navy sought Coriam over 10,000 square miles over four days without finding a trace of her. "The average chance of survival for a person without the necessary equipment is about 15 hours," said Tlatelpa.

Tlatelpa noted that the search for Coriam, who worked on the cruise as a caregiver for children, would resume if they report any sightings. According to British media, Bahamas police have completed their investigations on the ship, which returned to Los Angeles last weekend.
(Reporting by Luis Arroyo. Edited by Carlos Aliaga)

I find it interesting that her last known phone call was to a friend who was also on the ship.

I find it interesting that her last known phone call was to a friend who was also on the ship.

I'm curious what the content of the phone call was, but it appears it led to the belief she may have taken her own life; or there is video surveillance that hasn't been mentioned in the media. MOO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sing-Disney-cruise-worker-Rebecca-Coriam.html

Rebecca was captured on CCTV making the call in what is believed to be the last known sighting of her.
Mrs Coriam, from Chester, said: ‘I feel like she is still alive, I don’t feel like she is gone from us. We spoke to the girl who Rebecca had rung, face-to-face. She said that Rebecca had been upset but then calmed down.
‘Later we actually saw the CCTV footage and saw Rebecca on the phone. There was no erratic or drunken behaviour. She walked off fine with her hands in the back of her pockets and she seemed OK. Everyone we spoke to on the boat seems as mystified as we are about what has happened to her.’

and.....
Despite the Disney Wonder holding 2,400 passengers and 945 staff, he claims only one police officer carried out the inquiry.

With all the times that a person has gone missing from a cruise ship, you would think the cruise line would keep their behavior above reproach.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sing-Disney-cruise-worker-Rebecca-Coriam.html

Rebecca was captured on CCTV making the call in what is believed to be the last known sighting of her.
Mrs Coriam, from Chester, said: ‘I feel like she is still alive, I don’t feel like she is gone from us. We spoke to the girl who Rebecca had rung, face-to-face. She said that Rebecca had been upset but then calmed down.
‘Later we actually saw the CCTV footage and saw Rebecca on the phone. There was no erratic or drunken behaviour. She walked off fine with her hands in the back of her pockets and she seemed OK. Everyone we spoke to on the boat seems as mystified as we are about what has happened to her.’

and.....
Despite the Disney Wonder holding 2,400 passengers and 945 staff, he claims only one police officer carried out the inquiry.

With all the times that a person has gone missing from a cruise ship, you would think the cruise line would keep their behavior above reproach.

Thanks for the information - I hadn't seen that link. I still wonder what she had been upset about and I agree, it seems more than one officer should've carried out the investigation. :( MOO

Thanks for the information - I hadn't seen that link. I still wonder what she had been upset about and I agree, it seems more than one officer should've carried out the investigation. :( MOO

Credit to els who posted that link first. I just added sentences.

Article about Rebecca's family feeling left in the dark about the case:

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-news/featured-stories/2011/04/07/rebecca-coriam-s-family-say-they-are-still-being-left-in-the-dark-over-their-daughter-s-disappearance-59067-28476939/

Snippets:

"Rebecca is a massive swimmer, if she could have swam she could be on the shore. If they haven’t searched the shorelines she could be still there, that is what is going on in our minds."

"Someone has said she could have jumped – this is nonsense, she would have never done such a thing. She was a sensible kid, she loved her life and was living the dream on board that ship."

"Her parents have seen CCTV footage of what is believed to be the 24-year-old’s last phone call, but they are still totally unaware of what was said. He described the footage, saying that after the call she looked a bit distressed, and was comforted by a male crew member, who appeared to ask her if she was ok and placed an arm around her.

Article about Rebecca's family feeling left in the dark about the case:

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-news/featured-stories/2011/04/07/rebecca-coriam-s-family-say-they-are-still-being-left-in-the-dark-over-their-daughter-s-disappearance-59067-28476939/

Snippets:

"Rebecca is a massive swimmer, if she could have swam she could be on the shore. If they haven’t searched the shorelines she could be still there, that is what is going on in our minds."

"Someone has said she could have jumped – this is nonsense, she would have never done such a thing. She was a sensible kid, she loved her life and was living the dream on board that ship."

"Her parents have seen CCTV footage of what is believed to be the 24-year-old’s last phone call, but they are still totally unaware of what was said. He described the footage, saying that after the call she looked a bit distressed, and was comforted by a male crew member, who appeared to ask her if she was ok and placed an arm around her.

adding sentence from above link:
"Every Sunday at 8pm we will release a single balloon for Rebecca, to keep her memory alive. We will do this until we get news. She will not be forgotten, and we will be able to keep meeting to talk and share with each other."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...m-Disney-Wonder/Article/201104115965423?f=rss

People from as far afield as Australia, Canada and the US pledged to do the same at 8pm in their respective time zones after a huge response to the idea on an internet forum.

and...

Five thousand miles away some passengers and crew on the Disney Wonder cruise ship were planning to light safe battery-operated candles to show their support for Rebecca's family

I feel awful for her family. How horrible to have no idea where she is and why. Sadly, I don't share their belief that she is still alive, based on everything we know. However, it is possible.

I'm not entirely convinced she jumped overboard either. I wish we knew more about the man who comforted her after her call and more about the call itself. I keep thinking there must be a witness somewhere, either a guilty party or an innocent bystander who is too scared to come forward now.

I think it's interesting on the FB page that someone said to watch what was discussed and not to post personal stuff and 'the whole situation' - only the fact that she is missing and to help spread the word. Very puzzled by that... kwim?

http://www.facebook.com/FindRebeccaCoriam

This is bewildering. The only reason the cruise line would behave like this is to cover the whole thing up - as in sweep it under the rug and keep selling paradise to passengers. What a shame... :(

Family of missing Chester woman Rebecca Coriam ‘in the dark’ over her disappearance

(...snip...)

“They said she had gone missing – they believed she had gone overboard and was presumed dead.

“They didn’t tell the police, it was just a phone call and it made it even worse.”

(...snip...)

Mr Jennings said Rebecca’s parents Ann and Michael have seen CCTV footage of what is believed to be the 24-year-old’s last phone call, but they are still totally unaware of what was said.

The Bahamas Police Force, who are only conducting the investigation because the ship flies their flag, have not informed the family if the youth worker returned to her shared cabin before she went missing.

“We know who she spoke to but we don’t know what was said during the call. The authorities won’t let us know,” said Mr Jennings.

“Ann and Michael wanted to bring the video back for Bex’s sister Rachael to see, but it belongs to the ship and they couldn’t release it.

More: http://www.flintshirechronicle.co.u...e-dark-over-her-disappearance-51352-28483563/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895
Back