Mexico - Shanquella Robinson, 25, American, Beaten to death in apparent “femicide”, San Jose del Cabo, 28 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good news. Hopefully some form of justice will be served here. Though, it's obvious that more than 1 person needs to be punished in this horrific case. I honestly feel the death penalty is appropriate in this case - due to the nature of the crime.

I'm surprised at the speed of this arrest. I actually thought this case would fall through the cracks due to the crime occurring in MX. I strongly suspect the attention this got on social media/online had a lot to do with the way things proceeded here.

Last edited:
Good news. Hopefully some form of justice will be served here. Though, it's obvious that more than 1 person needs to be punished in this horrific case. I honestly feel the death penalty is appropriate in this case - due to the nature of the crime.

I'm surprised at the speed of this arrest. I actually thought this case would fall through the cracks due to the crime occurring in MX. I strongly suspect the attention this got on social media/online had a lot to do with the way things proceeded here.
ITA.
And I did watch part of the beating, the video is brief.
I'm angry with the man filming it and to think -- he might have been able to stop it and save Shanquella's life.
That was one vicious beat down. :mad:

I thought this was a good article about the case. Note it was released before the recent arrest.

I completely agree that all of us have to be very careful who we have as "friends". Though in most cases situations like this hopefully won't happen, being "friends" with someone who's jealous/envious of you is never a good idea & doesn't end well.

I think there are some laws about how much cash you can take with you when crossing into another country. Doesn't mean people don't do it, or follow those laws. Know about them or just decide to ignore them. If you are caught however, and have failed to declare, it usually means fines and delayed travel. The higher amount you failed to declare the harsher the sanctions. For mexico that cap is 10,000 USD. Anything above you must declare.

I don't thinks she'd carry that much cash with her. More likely a combination of cash, debit, and credit card. I fully believe that those "friends" would take whatever they could from her. This entire thing is horrifying and heartbreaking. She did not deserve this. Never have I ever felt such disgust for a group of people. To do that to someone who thought of you as a friend. And for what?

Can only hope she gets justice. Not sure how it will be interpreted that the mexican police wrote it off so quickly originally and how reliable it will be perceived in a court of law. Mexico is struggling enough with their own murders, they don't need to encourage murder-tourism by permitting others to kill and go home scot-free like this. It certainly would set an example to follow, if they did.

Wonder what American police can get on them? fraud? Theft? if they used her credit card after her death, did they do so in mexico or america? Will that play into who can be arrested where?
Also crimes committed in the US, they can be charged. If determined to be premeditated, with the planning in the US, that’s another charge.

So I'm still asking this question. We don't have the crime of femicide. So if there's an attorney, who knows, can we prosecute for murder or manslaughter? Especially since Mexico is not prosecuting for either of those crimes? Or does Femicide translate to murder for the USA?
Not an attorney, but no the US is unlikely prosecute for a crime committed in another country. Her parents can file a civil suit, they may be charged criminally for and premeditation that took place in the US, any interference with investigations, and any financial crimes that may have taken place.

Not an attorney, but no the US is unlikely prosecute for a crime committed in another country. Her parents can file a civil suit, they may be charged criminally for and premeditation that took place in the US, any interference with investigations, and any financial crimes that may have taken place.
Respectfully, I'm asking if it's possible. Whether it's "likely" is another matter. Thanks!

See my counter example ^^^^ in Zambia.

Since the FBI is involved, it's clear they are coordinating with Mexican authorities to arrive at charges, as I suggested above.

The perp is really going to regret committing murder in Mexico. While US prisons are horrible, I imagine the Mexican ones are a torture a minute.

Even though the reporter, Gerardo Zuniga, posted that DJ was arrested, I can't find any confirmation. It is unlikely Interpol arrested her because they don't arrest anyone. I hope he has inside information and there really has been an arrest.

IMHO What a horrific crime! Once again wrapping your head around attacking a "friend", making a video of the attack, and keeping the video. The woman didn't have a chance. I hope the family sees justice for what happened to S.

Oooh... I can think of a crime recently that took place in a foreign country and ended up with a conviction in the US. The guy who murdered his wife while on safari.... A juniorish US Embassy official smelled a rat before the cremation in Africa and reported it....

Voilà. Murder conviction.

I'll find the parties....

Yep!

Zambia wrote it up as an accident, but...

Rudolph scheduled a cremation three days after her death, according to court documents. After he reported her death to the US Embassy in the Zambian capital of Lusaka, the consular chief “told the FBI he had a bad feeling about the situation, which he thought was moving too quickly,” FBI special agent Donald Peterson wrote in the criminal affidavit.

As a result, the consular chief and two other embassy officials went to the funeral home where the body was being held to take photographs and preserve any potential evidence. When Rudolph found out the embassy officials had taken photos of his wife’s body, he was “livid,” Peterson wrote.

Here's the thread for Bianca Rudolph's murder:

The crime did not occur in the US, therefore I don't believe it can be prosecuted in the US.
If some/all of the 'friends' discussed (before going to Mexico) plans to cause Shanquella harm, there could be charges brought against them. JMO.
A lawyer needs to weigh in on this.
They can be prosecuted for murdering an American on foreign soil. Q anon dad killed his two babies in Rosarito and was charged here.

Cabo is tourism based it is likely the attn did push this forward

"Both the United States and Mexico governments are absolutely secrecy about the arrest of Daejhanae Jackson. No government has denied or confirmed the arrest, to avoid violating the due process of extradition from the United States to Mexico.

On this day, MetrópoliMx, was informed that Daejhanae Jackson was admitted to a service center in the United States, without obtaining further details of the location.

The young woman would have been under protection waiting to be extradited to Mexico in two or three weeks."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back