Mexico - Shanquella Robinson, 25, American, Beaten to death in apparent “femicide”, San Jose del Cabo, 28 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't notice a bearded man? or anyone else? where was he in the room?

To the left of the person holding the phone camera. Their face is briefly captured. Some people suggest the recording may have been done by one of the other women and the man with beard is standing next to her. Other people think it’s two of the men standing to one side recording before the incident happened as the attacker came in via the glass sliding door which implies it was set up in advance.

In addition to hoping that Mexican authorities are active on this case, wouldn't the US be interested in pursuing and prosecuting a murder where the *alleged* perp(s) and victim were american citizens and full time residents?
It seems to me, there's no downside for either of the countries to pursuing this case. There's no downside for Mexico and the US to cooperating, either.

It seems to me, there's no downside for either of the countries to pursuing this case. There's no downside for Mexico and the US to cooperating, either.
IMO, Mexican jail sounds very harsh compared to US jails. If I were her family, I would hope Mexico stepped up and prosecuted the proper individuals. US justice can be a crap shoot.

I don't understand why they left her body in the hotel room. I've searched. If the ambulance was there and pronounced her dead, wouldn't they take her body to the hospital morgue? Did the doctors, paramedics all just leave her? Why? Maybe there is a different procedure in Mexico? TIA

Right. But, the important & distinct difference here is that KA is suspected of committing a crime in the U.S. (TX), and she soon after fled to Costa Rica - presumably to avoid prosecution.

In this SR case, the crime occurred in another country (MX). And, subsequently, the perps. - all American citizens (presumably) - came back to the U.S. before the crime could be thoroughly investigated/prosecuted.
Thank you for posting this. I was about to do the same. There have been cases where American murdered another American in Mexico. The big difference here, like you posted, the American woman was murdered by another American, who was no longer in Mexico and was back in the USA along with her cohorts who are complicit, IMO, in just standing there videoing the crime and did nothing to stop it from happening. Her supposedly "Friends".

USA would have to extradite the American citizen to Mexico for trial or Mexico agree to leave it in the USA to be tried there, this is most likely the path that will be taken.

Has a reliable source verified that the suspect has been located and taken into custody yet?
Very sad to see that the attack and death occurred the very next day after arrival. I'm wondering what the assailant and the idiots who just stood by thought about how the rest of the very expensive vacation was going to go after she received this beatdown.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back