Mexico Mexico - Unidentified American man, homeless in Nuevo Leon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, in this article, the very last section/person they are highlighting, with the video not picture, appears to be a different person than the "Henry John Doe" that fell victim to a hit and run. The video in the article is the same one posted in this thread a couple posts back. I think the man being discussed in this thread is still alive based on the article, portraying the man in the video as a different missing person than the man killed in a hit in run. Still hoping he is alive and able to be identified. All just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that the video and the man pictured as "Henry" were the same person, they say he was hit by a car in Nov 2016 - this lines up with what mysticjynx had read. Either way, I find it incredibly sad that all these men on this thread and all the men/women on that page are missing and basically lost to the world...

Has anyone emailed the address in the video asking for an update?

Interesting thread.
In my town we have quite a few homeless people and although I often wonder about life’s different paths that lead one to sleeping rough, i’ve not thought of these folks as missing or lost.

An US anglophone asking for spare change in Mexico might be just have travelled south to avoid be homeless in brutal NW winters...he didn’t particarly seem to welcome the attention or ask for assistance beyond pesos.

Has anyone emailed the address in the video asking for an update?

I just noticed two posts (one three months old, another just a month) left by LostNMissing under “Comments,” stating that the gentleman in the video was not the man who lost his life in a car accident, and that he is still living:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21yxlRRPo1g

How can we help? Surely, there is someone missing him.

203b0ad4697543f80bebeb5660483a24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Paul Resvick?
attachment.php
attachment.php
Keeping in mind it's been 15 yrs since 19 year old Paul went missing from Canada. Opinions?

Hi there,

My name is Brad Resvick. I am Paul Resvick's brother. I just want to say I have been actively pursuing my brothers case since this happened. I have heard all sorts of rumors and I can tell you there have been almost nineteen years of no answers... this happened the day before my eighteenth birthday... all I just want is my brothers body to lay to rest beside our mother and if possible answers.

The case is still ongoing.

Thank you,

Brad Resvick

Hi there,

My name is Brad Resvick. I am Paul Resvick's brother. I just want to say I have been actively pursuing my brothers case since this happened. I have heard all sorts of rumors and I can tell you there have been almost nineteen years of no answers... this happened the day before my eighteenth birthday... all I just want is my brothers body to lay to rest beside our mother and if possible answers.

The case is still ongoing.

Thank you,

Brad Resvick

Welcome, Brad. Thank you for taking the time to stop in, we're sorry your family is going through this. Have you taken a moment to look at the videos to see if this man in Mexico could possibly be your brother? We're trying to come up with possible matches to this homeless man. Thank you again.

Great translation, that seems accurate to me. There is an American consulate in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon but he seems like he would potentially be combative and uncooperative if someone tried to take him anywhere. Plus I'm not sure what they could really do . . .

The consulate claims they went out there for me. They left him there. Regardless if he is Shawn or not he obviously needs help. There is no excuse for leaving a mentally ill American to die on the streets of Mexico. It sickens me.

The consulate claims they went out there for me. They left him there. Regardless if he is Shawn or not he obviously needs help. There is no excuse for leaving a mentally ill American to die on the streets of Mexico. It sickens me.

That’s completely unacceptable, IMO.

Did the consulate share with you anything as to what happened when they went out there? Did they actually speak with the gentleman?

There is no excuse for leaving a mentally ill American to die on the streets of Mexico. It sickens me.

Genuine question - what do you think could or should be done with/for/about this man?

It sounds as though he, mentally ill or not, would resist any attempts to intervene in his life.

Could US authorities legally forcibly repatriate this man who doesn't seem to have committed any crime?

Could or would they pay for his inpatient treatment at a Mexican facility if the Mexicans forcibly committed him to a hospital?

And after that hypothetical treatment ends and he is discharged, what then? Both he and the authorities are back to square one.

I don't think the US can compel someone to return unless they are a wanted criminal. I'm surprised he hasn't been arrested by the Mexican government if he's still there. How long can someone stay in their country as a visitor? Since they don't know who he is, they can't even check his status.

I'm surprised he hasn't been arrested by the Mexican government if he's still there. How long can someone stay in their country as a visitor?

Given the number of migrants from Central America in the country trying to get to the US, I don't think the Mexican authorities are particularly bothered about foreigners being there for long periods of time.

I didn't know where to post this but this man needs help he was found wandering the streets of Veracruz apparently he has been living on the streets in Mexico for a few years but he has some type of mental health issue and doesn't know who he is or where he came from. All the information I have been able to gather is listed below.

-Blue eyes
-Brown hair
-5'5-5'7
- smokes Marlboro Reds
-likes Subway
-No tattoos and does not drink or use drugs
-he believes he may be from Louisiana but cannot remember what part or anything else about himself

a3tu6-vkm64.jpg

The Mysterious Disappearance of Gordon Collins - Unsolved Mysteries

I knew I had read about someone missing that was spotted in Mexico but I couldn't remember the name, here it is Gordon Collins. I don't know if this could be him though I believe Gordon was missing from California.

**ETA Can anyone give me a good age estimate for this guy just need some opinions so I know where to start looking. You wouldn't believe how many Brown hair, Blue eyed men of the same height are missing this list is long.**

Last edited:
As a consul (not for a US embassy) I can confirm that we cannot force someone outside your home country to do anything. We have no law enforcement or medical standing. It is the responsibility of the host country (in this case Mexico) to care for a person within their borders - that includes forcible hospitalisation for mental health issues if it is required. Unfortunately in many places there are few facilities and they must be paid. Most of our governments will help with this but have to be certain of the ID of the person who requires assistance. That can be really hard in mental health cases, though not impossible.

Basically any person has a right to choose to be homeless and to reject medical treatment unless the host government has a problem with it.

That said, many times you will be able to convince someone to seek medical care. I have spent hours and hours on cases where sometimes this works. But sadly not everyone responds in the same way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back