Found Alive MG-P, 12, missing from her home, Hall Co., 29 May 2024 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Couch said investigators began to home in on Gomez-Perez's location when she contacted her father using a new Facebook account last week, telling her father that she was OK and not coming home, and asking her father to stop looking for her. Couch said investigators used that message to track down the Facebook page's internet address, leading them to a phone number associated with a home in Dover.

Interesting that the sheriff says it was MG-P who sent the message. I would have thought it could be Agustin impersonating her to make it look like MG-P ran away and was happy. I don’t doubt that she ran away, but I’d be surprised if once she got there, the grass was as green as she’d expected, especially given the mention of potential rape charges.

Interesting that the sheriff says it was MG-P who sent the message. I would have thought it could be Agustin impersonating her to make it look like MG-P ran away and was happy. I don’t doubt that she ran away, but I’d be surprised if once she got there, the grass was as green as she’d expected, especially given the mention of potential rape charges.
Potential rape charges could be statutory, due to her very young age. Since she's back home, I'm sure they know now whether she sent those messages herself or if someone else sent them. This is complicated, and prayers for her recovery.

Hall County Sheriff's Office

ostSpdernogmci61mmu372131acc4i5c2401iim18iggm2mi68mahigi2ih5 ·

The suspect arrested last week in connection with the disappearance of M G-P, 12, of Gainesville will remain in the custody of authorities in Tuscarawas County, Ohio, for the foreseeable future.

Antonio Agustin-Ailon, 34, a Guatemalan national living in Dover, Ohio, was taken into custody last Thursday, July 25, 2024, after Hall County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) investigators discovered him with the missing girl in Dover. Agustin-Ailon had traveled to Gainesville for the purpose of taking the victim back to his residence in Ohio. The investigation determined the suspect took the victim from Gainesville on May 29, 2024, the day she was last seen at her residence.

“After consultation with the Hall County Sheriff’s Office and the elected county prosecutor in Tuscarawas County, Ohio, we have determined it best to delay extradition to Hall County,” said Lee Darragh, District Attorney for the Northeastern Judicial Circuit of Georgia. “Based on the information we have at this time, the most serious criminal offenses in this case occurred in Ohio, and the bulk of necessary witnesses even to prove a Hall County case are in Ohio. It makes sense that the suspect answer to what charges Ohio proceeds on first.”

Hall County Sheriff Gerald Couch agreed with the DA’s decision.
“My primary goal in this case is to see justice done. If that means we have to wait for this suspect to have his day in court in Ohio before he faces our charges, so be it. I just want to make sure he has no chance of luring another young girl from home, wreaking havoc on another community like he did ours,” said Sheriff Couch.
The DA’s office indicated it will move forward with filing relevant charges in Hall County, likely through a Grand Jury presentation, as Tuscarawas County proceeds with its case.

Last edited by a moderator:
AUG 9, 2024
34-year-old Antonio Agustin-Ailon was indicted Thursday on six felony counts including rape, gross sexual imposition, and interfering with custody. All six charges related to a 12-year-old reported missing out of Gainesville, Georgian on May 30th.

Agustin-Ailon has been charged with two counts of rape, two counts of pandering obscenity, gross sexual imposition and interference with custody.

Under Ohio law, pandering obscenity involves creating, reproducing or publishing ”any obscene material that has a minor or impaired person as one of its participants or portrayed observers.”

Agustin-Ailon was first supposed to be extradited to Hall County, but he is now been held in Ohio long-term.

August 16, 2024

NEW PHILADELPHIA ‒ A Dover man officials allege is linked to the disappearance of a 12-year-old girl from Georgia has entered not guilty pleas to the six charges he is facing, including two counts of rape, a first-degree felony and one count of gross sexual imposition, a third-degree felony.

Antonio Agustin-Ailon, 34, was arraigned Friday in the court of Common Pleas Judge Michael Ernest.

AUG 16, 2024
Suspect in MGP case pleads not guilty

The bond hearing is set for Wednesday, August 21.

“He will not be extradited any time soon,” says Suri Chadha Jimenez, a criminal defense attorney and former prosecutor in Atlanta who is closely following the case. He says Tuscarawas County will complete its case before Agustin-Ailo is returned to face charges in Hall County.

Last edited by a moderator:
AUG 20, 2024
[...]

Georgia prosecutors say they will move forward with filing relevant charges in Hall County, likely through a Grand Jury presentation, as Tuscarawas County proceeds with its case.

A bond hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. Aug. 21. He is currently being held in the Tuscarawas County Jail. If he is convicted, he could face life in prison.

AUG 21, 2024
  • A bond hearing was held on August 21, in the case against Antonio Agustin-Ailon.
  • His pretrial scheduling conference is set for September 5, at which a trial will be scheduled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back