GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in testimony during the hearing a year or so ago. A boss testified JC didn't buy health coverage for Ethan, although she was entitled to. I seem to recall about the dental care (I don't believe I could make that up!), likely from the same hearing, since I haven't followed much else. There was ALOT of evidence in that hearing. The links are ^^^^.

When parents don't buy health insurance for their kids it is typically because they are already covered.
Michigan has a good insurance program for age 18 and under called MIChild. It includes dental and is available for low income families.

To keep a child uninsured is far too expensive because then the parent has to pay 100% of the cost.

2 Cents

Oh my giddy aunt, FOUR Xanax! FOUR??? How many did she normally take? And IIRC, there was plenty of booze in the studio, as well.

So, cross should be interesting. I do not find her credible and I'm pretty sure Kaest is going to bring up all her discrepancies.
That is a lot of xanax- 1/2 pill knocks me out-- she must have built up quite a high tolerance
To this drug!

• Jennifer Crumbley broke down in tears as jurors saw her son's diary entries, reading: 'My parents won't listen to me about help or therapist'
  • 'I have zero help for my mental problems and it's causing me to shoot up the... school', Ethan Crumbley wrote shortly before the 2021 Oxford school shooting

Ethan Crumbley warned his parents were ignoring his pleas for help

UPDATED: 12:49 EST, 1 February 2024

who thinks that she's exaggerating about the Four Xanax?

Previously in the trial, the state made a big deal about their belief that the Crumbleys were feigning sleep when the cops entered

Did she invent this to cover that?

You can see them both ' wake' at around 17 seconds in

• Jennifer Crumbley broke down in tears as jurors saw her son's diary entries, reading: 'My parents won't listen to me about help or therapist'
  • 'I have zero help for my mental problems and it's causing me to shoot up the... school', Ethan Crumbley wrote shortly before the 2021 Oxford school shooting

Ethan Crumbley warned his parents were ignoring his pleas for help

UPDATED: 12:49 EST, 1 February 2024
I had commented on JC's reactions to those texts when Smith asked her if she ever saw them.
JC answered "no" meekly with a different eye movement.
All I know is I saw a big difference in how she was just answering Smith's questions, kinda like the emotions rose in her because they were familiar and were ignored.

who thinks that she's exaggerating about the Four Xanax?

Previously in the trial, the state made a big deal about their belief that the Crumbleys were feigning sleep when the cops entered

Did she invent this to cover that?

You can see them both ' wake' at around 17 seconds in
Your contributions are the best.
Thanks!

JC said she wouldn’t do anything different.
Som jurors will be taken aback by that.
personally if me, I would have wished I took my son home.
What a damning answer for a parent, and a parent who landed where she has.
The great majority of parents whose kids /adult children who are up and running would surely say that they would have done certain things differently.
JC did tell the detectives in at the sub-station that she wished they took him home.

Your contributions are the best.
Thanks!
Everybody's posts have been great.
It's been a good thread, albeit a terribly tragic case. Too many deaths and critically injured people

I've never tried a Xanax so IDK how sleepy you'd be even if you were a heavy user.
I just get the vibe from Jennifer's testimony that she'll exaggerate if nobody can prove otherwise.

What a damning answer for a parent, and a parent who landed where she has.
The great majority of parents whose kids /adult children who are up and running would surely say that they would have done certain things differently.
JC did tell the detectives in at the sub-station that she wished they took him home.
Ohhh I missed that. Thanks so much. Tomorrow shall be interesting lol.

JC said she wouldn’t do anything different.
Som jurors will be taken aback by that.
personally if me, I would have wished I took my son home.
You are spot on. That was a huge mistake. She didn't have to say a whole lot, other than what you stated, which would have humanized her in stating the very understandable regret in not taking him home. To know 4 people are dead and to say as the mother of the 15 yo, you wouldn't do anything differently was a terrible response. I would have accepted also, "I would have read his journal, instead of respecting his privacy."

Also someone please let me know. I was working but thought I heard JC say they used Ethan’s bank account as one of their savings accounts? Or were they saving for ethan?
Because I don’t buy that they would use their teens sons banking for Thier savings. But I may have misheard.

Also someone please let me know. I was working but thought I heard JC say they used Ethan’s bank account as one of their savings accounts? Or were they saving for ethan?
Because I don’t buy that they would use their teens sons banking for Thier savings. But I may have misheard.
She said she would contribute to it from her own paychecks. Perhaps it was under Ethan's name, but they would contribute to it and perhaps withdraw from it when he wanted certain things. It's not completely uncommon for parents to do this. When my son was 15 yo, he didn't have thousands of dollars in a savings account. He didn't even get his first job until he was almost 17. Was this a college saving fund set up and he helped contribute to it with his occasional work at the diner? Who knows.

I think she can’t say she wished she had done things differently like taking him home that day because that may instill acknowledgment of responsibility/culpability in the mind of the jurors. I think something like “of course in hindsight as a parent, I wish I could go back and do things differently if it would change the outcome” something like that…..

JMO

She said she would contribute to it from her own paychecks. Perhaps it was under Ethan's name, but they would contribute to it and perhaps withdraw from it when he wanted certain things. It's not completely uncommon for parents to do this. When my son was 15 yo, he didn't have thousands of dollars in a savings account. He didn't even get his first job until he was almost 17. Was this a college saving fund set up and he helped contribute to it with his occasional work at the diner? Who knows.
Was that the account she said her father put money into for them to retain a lawyer with and EC had like 1 hundred or so of his money in it?

So is anyone else confused as to the understanding between JC and her attorney?
JC says they set alarms and were going to meet Smith at 8:30 a.m. at (I don't recall the location she testified to).

If that's true, isn't it her attorney's responsibility to relay that to LE so this ridiculous raid didn't have to happen at around 1:00 in the morning? Or, on the other end, isn't it her attorney's responsibility to relay that NO, LE's given a 2 pm deadline...get there NOW and I will meet you.

I’m not sure what to make of them hiding. It seems dumb and childish. I’m not sure if they hid because they felt like they were accessories to the crime. They seemed more concerned about others perception of them after this crime. It seems like something a child would do, soil his underclothes and stuff the evidence behind the couch. That seems consistent with their parenting. JMO

Edited to add- It also seems bizarre that LE treated these two losers as a couple of dangerous fugitives! I know LE has to be careful for their own safety at all times but the level of threat here seems unnecessarily heightened. Did they believe these parents encouraged their son to commit the crime? There was no evidence of that. The fact that there are 6 deputies standing by her in the courtroom also feels excessive. JMO

LE tends to go with "Better to have too much than too little."

I think an important factor in this show of force is because of the guns. Through the search LE saw that there were multiple guns in the house. So the parents could have been armed and could have barricaded themselves somewhere ending with a shoot out. I mean, LE had to be ready for this scenario, among others.

It was too early in the investigation for LE to know if the parents had anything to do with the shooting.

2 Cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member