GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as they arrived in the court room and before the jury was in the court room, Shannon Smith looked like she knew, she looked very worried, and it wa obvious that she hadn't had much sleep for awhile, maybe didn't sleep at all last night. JC, of course, looked worried. But I think they had prepared for this possible scenario.

Hope that a top-rate attorney will take this case to appeal, especially because of the precedent-setting case, even if not for Jennifer.

Also, it doesn't bode well for James. I can't imagine they would convict one parent and not the other given the so-called "evidence" they brought against them.

It's kind of odd, though, that the prosecution will have a chance to try this case twice, once with each parent, as there seems to be an advantage to having tried the case in February then again in March.
But if it's only ' so called evidence' why does she need a top- rate appellate attorney?

seriously though, it felt like such a messy trial, there's bound to be something appealable in there.
Most professional people involved? The jury imo

As soon as they arrived in the court room and before the jury was in the court room, Shannon Smith looked like she knew, she looked very worried, and it wa obvious that she hadn't had much sleep for awhile, maybe didn't sleep at all last night. JC, of course, looked worried. But I think they had prepared for this possible scenario.

Hope that a top-rate attorney will take this case to appeal, especially because of the precedent-setting case, even if not for Jennifer.

Also, it doesn't bode well for James. I can't imagine they would convict one parent and not the other given the so-called "evidence" they brought against them.

It's kind of odd, though, that the prosecution will have a chance to try this case twice, once with each parent, as there seems to be an advantage to having tried the case in February then again in March.
Can James change his plea and not go to trial ?

But if it's only ' so called evidence' why does she need a top- rate appellate attorney?

seriously though, it felt like such a messy trial, there's bound to be something appealable in there.
Most professional people involved? The jury imo
A top rated appellate attorney would hopefully have expert skills in writing and arguing appeals.

I have no idea if the jury was professional. Their deliberations have not neen made public.

Can James change his plea and not go to trial ?

Do you think he would plead guilty on four counts of manslaughter as charged? I doubt it. And why would they offer him a lesser plea than the other parent who faced the same charges.

Do you think he would plead guilty on four counts of manslaughter as charged? I doubt it. And why would they offer him a lesser plea than the other parent who faced the same charges.
JC was offered a plea deal?

I'm sure some of the jury started the trial thinking that as gun-owners themselves, they would need to be extra careful to get this verdict right.

What perhaps pushed them toward guilty? Maybe it was her coldness and "Why? Why?" (should we stay with you, son) portion of the police station video.
Or perhaps her testimony that she wouldn't change her parenting if she could go back in time. I think few can actually relate to or sympathize with her.

yesterday I caught a couple of smiles from JC, while they were in court for jury questions and last instructions to alternates.
I think she assumed she was going to get a positive result.

I would love to hear juror interviews to get their feedback but I respect fact that many in that community just want to get on with their lives now.
JC was obvioulsy listening to her highly offensive ,totally unprofessional cray,cray lawyer

I couldn't hear the judge when she was telling the attorneys when the sentencing hearing would be held. Did anyone catch that?

A top rated appellate attorney would hopefully have expert skills in writing and arguing appeals.

I have no idea if the jury was professional. Their deliberations have not neen made public.
Yes but that was still evidence, it wasn't 'so called evidence.'
Remember this case already went to Michigan Appeal court too ( The audio for that is online, it has each of the players arguing their cases within a 12 minute window. Appeal court explained why they thought this was an exceptional case. It's worth a listen)

Re conduct of that jury-
Nobody was sent home for infringements, nobody had to be told off by Judge for falling asleep, nobody had to complain of another for accessing Shannon Smith tiktoks despite Shannon almost encouraging that, none of them was disruptive or making faces as we've seen in recent trials.

I'm sure some of the jury started the trial thinking that as gun-owners themselves, they would need to be extra careful to get this verdict right.

What perhaps pushed them toward guilty? Maybe it was her coldness and "Why? Why?" (should we stay with you, son) portion of the police station video.
Or perhaps her testimony that she wouldn't change her parenting if she could go back in time. I think few can actually relate to or sympathize with her.
Or simply public pressure and not wanting to be "that juror" who wouldn't support a guilty plea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member