GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

'James Crumbley to police hours after shooting: Son was 'perfect kid'​

Why did the father of this "perfect kid"' after being notified about the school shooting go home to check on the gun even before the shooter's identity was released and then call the police?

When James Crumbley bought the gun he was given a pamphlet on youth safety.

ATF Agent Brett Brandon testified that after Jennifer Crumbley's trial they found the pamphlet underneath the gun's foam padding.

"When I lifted up the foam and saw the pamphlet in there, I was shocked," he said. "As the pamphlet says on the front, it says, Youth Handgun Safety Act Notice. It means they were on notice - they had to pick this up and move it to the back of that gun case and basically discard it under the foam."

They were also provided with a cable lock that he said appeared to have never even been opened or used. He said there was no evidence of other cable locks in the home.

Brandon said that James Crumbley's internet searches showed he searched for firearm safety and minors but only after the shooting, not before.

Last edited:
Was anyone else watching yesterday when they were coming back from break and there was a disturbance in the courtroom? Tate Myer's dad was wearing a 42 Strong shirt (the nonprofit they started to honor Tate) and there was a sidebar with the judge. He ended up having to zip up a coat over the shirt and Madisyn Baldwin's dad asked (pretty loudly) why he was covering up his shirt. The judge asked him if he needed to be excused and he said no.

From the article: "Shawn Ley said Lehman might have raised the issue, but Matthews looked in the direction of Tate Myre’s father a few times and spoke with her assistant twice. The assistant left the courtroom briefly and returned at one point.

Matthews might also have rules about logos, messages, and/or statements in her courtroom."

Most of the witnesses who've testified so far in James Crumbley's trial in Oakland County Circuit Court on involuntary manslaughter charges also testified in his wife Jennifer's trial but some new details have emerged in case.

Crumbley is being tried in connection with the deaths of four students his son fatally shot in 2021 at Oxford High School.

Here are some new details that emerged Monday...

Most of the witnesses who've testified so far in James Crumbley's trial in Oakland County Circuit Court on involuntary manslaughter charges also testified in his wife Jennifer's trial but some new details have emerged in case.

Crumbley is being tried in connection with the deaths of four students his son fatally shot in 2021 at Oxford High School.

Does anyone know where JC is being housed until sentencing and if inmates there are permitted to watch trials being televised?
I have been curious if JC is watching JJ's trial.

This:

'Video of shooter holding gun, safety off'​

ATF Special Agent Brett Brandon testified about a video the shooter sent to his friend in late November 2021, shortly after the 9mm SIG Sauer was purchased, that showed him with the gun in his house, the safety off, right next to his cat, Dexter. The gun was held at chest level. The video suggested the teen had access to it.

I don't get Jamse's lawyer, Lehman's, defense.
imo: 99% of her questions to the state's witnesses are irrelevant.

Like right now her claims are supposed to be relevant that James and Jennifer were not hiding and had no weapons when found they were lying on a mattress?

I get it now, Lehman's desperate defense is what James didn't do, not what James did do. lol

Testimony from the owner of the warehouse where JC and James were found.

"The parents of the shooter that are running away, they’re here,” Kirtley tells the 911 operator in a recording that was played for the jury. “I can’t believe it, they’re here.”

On cross-examination, defense attorney Mariell Lehman asked him if the person he saw on the curb said anything to him.

He had no interaction with that person, he said.

That person “didn’t run after you” or “chase you down,” Lehman said.

Correct, he answered."

I get it now, Lehman's desperate defense is what James didn't do, not what James did do. lol

Testimony from the owner of the warehouse where JC and James were found.

"The parents of the shooter that are running away, they’re here,” Kirtley tells the 911 operator in a recording that was played for the jury. “I can’t believe it, they’re here.”

On cross-examination, defense attorney Mariell Lehman asked him if the person he saw on the curb said anything to him.

He had no interaction with that person, he said.

That person “didn’t run after you” or “chase you down,” Lehman said.

Correct, he answered."

Just to clarify - He wasn't the owner of the warehouse. He is one of the business owners that rents space out of the warehouse. His coffee grinding business is located directly next to the art studio where they were found.

7dcc50dd5a442927d73c9f8c3e81e403

If I've got the times right, when Hopkins questioned EC and his parents the morning of the shooting (before the shooting), he should have known that it was possible that EC had access to a firearm. The day before the school shooting, EC tells Hopkins that he was researching bullets on his cell phone in class after going to the shooting range with his mother the previous day.

Hopkins said he was aware after reading that email that the shooter was looking at bullets in class. Then he met with the student and the coordinator in the coordinator’s office. The coordinator did most of the talking, but Hopkins was there to support the student.

Hopkins asked the shooter why he thought a teacher would be raising issues right now. Hopkins said the shooter was forthcoming in saying he had researched bullets in class after going to the shooting range with his mother the previous day.

IMO:
Someone musta told Lehman that her yelling and rapid talking like she's on speed is not only offensive it's totally ineffective.
Beyond cringe worthy and why she thinks this mode operandi of hers is effective is mind boggling.
The poor jury that's had to listen to her for days,
I wouldn't be surprised if the judge has gotten complaints and had to speak with her.

Since returning from the recant break she's slowed down and isn't yelling like a lunatic.

"...his jury has seen some different evidence, including an excerpt in the shooter's journal that is at the heart of a key claim by the defense: that the dad did not give his son access to the gun.

The son wrote in his journal: "I will have to find where my dad hid my 9 mm before I can shoot (up) the school."

Excuse me, but hiding a gun in an armoire isn't preventing a teenager from finding it. I am baffled why they didn't change the code on their gun safe and use it for all of their guns.

"...his jury has seen some different evidence, including an excerpt in the shooter's journal that is at the heart of a key claim by the defense: that the dad did not give his son access to the gun.

The son wrote in his journal: "I will have to find where my dad hid my 9 mm before I can shoot (up) the school."

Excuse me, but hiding a gun in an armoire isn't preventing a teenager from finding it. I am baffled why they didn't change the code on their gun safe and use it for all of their guns.
The ATF witness said that the 9mm wouldn’t fit in the gun safe, even by itself. (Not arguing with your point about hiding it being an insufficient plan, just saying that the gun safe they already owned wasn’t an option)

Reactions: IDK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member