GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pontiac — Less than an hour after a jury convicted James Crumbley of involuntary manslaughter, Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald suggested criminal charges against Oxford school officials connected to the mass shooting in November 2021 are still a possibility.

When asked about the chances of seeing charges against school officials Thursday night at a press conference after the verdict was announced, McDonald did not give a straight answer.

Instead, she said that her office wants to hold everyone accountable. But the office has worked for the past two and a half years to convict shooter Ethan Crumbley and his parents, James and Jennifer Crumbley, and "it wasn't easy."

"I made a commitment to these parents and I’m going to keep it," McDonald said. "I'm going to look at the facts and work with them to get the accountability they deserve."...
I believe there is an issue of immunity for the school as it relates to school shootings.
I think it is called Sovereign Immunity

In the absence of that thought, they must have been aware he might harm himself. And it would appear, by their actions (leaving a gun in easy range) that they didn't particularly care.

Utterly shocking to my sensibilities.
Right. He could’ve easily used the gun to harm himself. Recall also that there was some big fight between them and him the night before. They gave him Melatonin to help him sleep and he woke up disoriented after being so upset the night before. After this they were called to the school the next day and see the worksheet and a very concerned counselor. And STILL they are unable to forsee anything and walk away until they hear about a school shooter. If they want to live with their eyes and ears closed, they have no one but themselves to blame for walking themselves straight to prison. JMO

Right. He could’ve easily used the gun to harm himself. Recall also that there was some big fight between them and him the night before. They gave him Melatonin to help him sleep and he woke up disoriented after being so upset the night before. After this they were called to the school the next day and see the worksheet and a very concerned counselor. And STILL they are unable to forsee anything and walk away until they hear about a school shooter. If they want to live with their eyes and ears closed, they have no one but themselves to blame for walking themselves straight to prison. JMO
FWIW I don't think it was melatonin. Might be what they told him, but I think she was giving him Xanax. Possibly to sleep so she could cavorting, with no regard for effects it might have on him.

FWIW I don't think it was melatonin. Might be what they told him, but I think she was giving him Xanax. Possibly to sleep so she could cavorting, with no regard for effects it might have on him.
Is Xanax for sleeping or a party drug? I don't know what it is called here.

It’s a benzodiazepine and sedative prescribed to treat anxiety and panic disorder. It’s also a controlled substance because it has a high risk of abuse and addiction. There are people who take it with alcohol (so it could be considered a party drug?), although it’s really dangerous to mix the two because of the sedative quality of both and I’m not sure why anyone would even want to. It can have a profound effect on your memory when coupled with alcohol, and the combination of the two is sometimes referred to as a “mind eraser” by drug users.

If he was given Xanax, that would explain why he didn’t appear to know what happened the night before or how he ended up in his parent’s room when he woke up.

It’s a benzodiazepine and sedative prescribed to treat anxiety and panic disorder. It’s also a controlled substance because it has a high risk of abuse and addiction. There are people who take it with alcohol (so it could be considered a party drug?), although it’s really dangerous to mix the two because of the sedative quality of both and I’m not sure why anyone would even want to. It can have a profound effect on your memory when coupled with alcohol, and the combination of the two is sometimes referred to as a “mind eraser” by drug users.

If he was given Xanax, that would explain why he didn’t appear to know what happened the night before or how he ended up in his parent’s room when he woke up.
And if she was doing that to him, how cruel. Drugged but unaware, unable to make sense of the symptoms. Hallucinations maybe even. Might've felt like he was losing his mind. Not his med, not his dose. Coupled with alcohol if he was drinking would've made for passing out, not sleeping. Coming to, not waking. What would that do to a child's brain???? Never mind his psyche.

He was also hurting animals. Maiming. Torturing. Deriving sick pleasure. So while he's certainly a victim of his parents' messed up parenting, he doesn't get a free pass when he victimized.

JMO

And if she was doing that to him, how cruel. Drugged but unaware, unable to make sense of the symptoms. Hallucinations maybe even. Might've felt like he was losing his mind. Not his med, not his dose. Coupled with alcohol if he was drinking would've made for passing out, not sleeping. Coming to, not waking. What would that do to a child's brain???? Never mind his psyche.

He was also hurting animals. Maiming. Torturing. Deriving sick pleasure. So while he's certainly a victim of his parents' messed up parenting, he doesn't get a free pass when he victimized.

JMO
Bbm. Agree, no free passes. I would have liked to hear from the step brother/half brother or whatever is the correct term. Also count me in as another hoping one to hear about JC's threatening statements. :mad:

If Xanax was given to Ethan by his parents (remember they gave him melatonin?) It was strictly for sleep and to help calm him down.

Xanax is for the treatnent of anxiety and is quite potent. It is also used for sleep. It has zero to do as a party drug. It would be a dangerous party drug. It would be likely to make you fall asleep at the party and if you took "X amount" with alcohol - it could kill you. I think Judy Garland who played Dorothy in "The Wizard Of Oz" died this way. This combination suppresses your respitory system.

I think I remember the incompetent Crumbley's texting about giving Ethan Xanax. This might be what Jame's meant when he said "Just take a pill and suck it up."

So they think their child needs to be calmed down on Xanax yet they will not take their child to a psychiatrist who can prescribe their child with his own antidepressants and Xanax, etc.... Plus counsel him, etc....

2 Cents

Both alcohol and benzodiazepines (Xanax) work as depressants in the body's central nervous system and increase sedation..........When mixed with alcohol the combination can be potentially lethal.

Last edited:
... Xanax is for the treatnent of anxiety and is quite potent. It is also used for sleep. It has zero to do as a party drug...
Where I live, or at least among my circle of acquaintances, Xanax is definitely taken to get "high", or maybe I should say "messed up" (or "hammered" or "wasted" or something along those lines!) Personally, I don't know how they do it, because the one time I took a Xanax (and it was only a half of one!), I just passed out immediately. And was out disturbingly soundly. I was in a hotel room, and apparently my friend came in and out while I was asleep, making plenty of noise, but I didn't hear anything. When I woke up, I was very disoriented and took awhile before I felt normal again. But it must affect different people different ways, because like I said, I know plenty of people who take it to feel good and who don't pass out on it like I did. I know my elderly mom's doctor prescribed her Xanax for insomnia too.

I know if you combine it with alcohol, as you said, you often black out and forget everything. Even if you were able to continue (mostly) functioning while you were on it. I know one girl who woke up in jail w/no idea why she was there & didn't remember being arrested or booked into jail or anything at all. She found out the whole story of what happened when they brought her the police report. She found out she'd tried to shoplift a pocketknife at WalMart & when confronted by security, threatened them w/the knife! And much more. She had no memory of any of that and would never have believed she could've done that (not her usual self, to say the least).

So not my idea of a fun high, but to each their own? A lot of people do take Xanax to party though, in my experience.

If Xanax was given to Ethan by his parents (remember they gave him melatonin?) It was strictly for sleep and to help calm him down.

Xanax is for the treatnent of anxiety and is quite potent. It is also used for sleep. It has zero to do as a party drug. It would be a dangerous party drug. It would be likely to make you fall asleep at the party and if you took "X amount" with alcohol - it could kill you. I think Judy Garland who played Dorothy in "The Wizard Of Oz" died this way. This combination suppresses your respitory system.

I think I remember the incompetent Crumbley's texting about giving Ethan Xanax. This might be what Jame's meant when he said "Just take a pill and suck it up."

So they think their child needs to be calmed down on Xanax yet will not take their child to a psychiatrist who can prescribe antidepressants and his own Xanax, etc.... Plus counsel him.....etc......

Both alcohol and benzodiazepines (Xanax) work as depressants in the body's central nervous system and increase sedation..........When mixed with alcohol the combination can be potentially lethal.

2 Cents
Yep.."take a pill and suck it up"

This was the morning after parents and EC had a fight.

In the early morning texts between J & J when James said EC couldn't remember how he got in their bed the night before and he looked like he drank too much the night before James asked Jennifer if she had given him a Xanax?
IMO: He asked like it was something they have done before.
EC also had texted his only friend that his father had given him half a pill, so was that a Xanax?

Where I live, or at least among my circle of acquaintances, Xanax is definitely taken to get "high", or maybe I should say "messed up" (or "hammered" or "wasted" or something along those lines!) Personally, I don't know how they do it, because the one time I took a Xanax (and it was only a half of one!), I just passed out immediately. And was out disturbingly soundly. I was in a hotel room, and apparently my friend came in and out while I was asleep, making plenty of noise, but I didn't hear anything. When I woke up, I was very disoriented and took awhile before I felt normal again. But it must affect different people different ways, because like I said, I know plenty of people who take it to feel good and who don't pass out on it like I did. I know my elderly mom's doctor prescribed her Xanax for insomnia too.

I know if you combine it with alcohol, as you said, you often black out and forget everything. Even if you were able to continue (mostly) functioning while you were on it. I know one girl who woke up in jail w/no idea why she was there & didn't remember being arrested or booked into jail or anything at all. She found out the whole story of what happened when they brought her the police report. She found out she'd tried to shoplift a pocketknife at WalMart & when confronted by security, threatened them w/the knife! And much more. She had no memory of any of that and would never have believed she could've done that (not her usual self, to say the least).

So not my idea of a fun high, but to each their own? A lot of people do take Xanax to party though, in my experience.

In my opinion they are only able to use it as a party "high" simply because they have built up a tolerance to it.

If all of them were at a party and all of them took Xanax for the first time - as happened to you - they would get sleepy and some might even fall asleep.

These people taking Xanax and alcohol together might not wake up.

2 Cents

And then abandoned EC to take off running from LE. Even though he was in custody they still could have been supporting behind the scenes.

I think that speaks volumes to the type of parents they are-MIA. They were so disconnected and didn’t care what he was doing.

It doesn’t seem like they were having family dinners together during the week. ‘Hey Ethan how was your day? Do you have any homework or test coming up’?

In my opinion they are only able to use it as a party "high" simply because they have built up a tolerance to it.

If all of them were at a party and all of them took Xanax for the first time - as happened to you - they would get sleepy and some might even fall asleep.

These people taking Xanax and alcohol together might not wake up.

2 Cents
Jennifer had prescriptions for Adderall and Xanax.
She also drank so speed makes you drink even more then comes bedtime you hit the Xanax.
There's a big problem with people becoming addicted to both drugs and the combo too.

Yep.."take a pill and suck it up"

This was the morning after parents and EC had a fight.

In the early morning texts between J & J when James said EC couldn't remember how he got in their bed the night before and he looked like he drank too much the night before James asked Jennifer if she had given him a Xanax?
IMO: He asked like it was something they have done before.
EC also had texted his only friend that his father had given him half a pill, so was that a Xanax?

I believe yes.

Xanax often comes in long thin "sticks" that can be broken up into 4 total doses. You can break it up without a pill cutter.

Melatonin comes in tablet form and you need a pill cutter to split them. Extremely unlikely that James took a pill cutter and cut a Melatonin pill in half. I don't believe that at all.

Also, the parents texted each other about Ethan having too much to drink because of a headache. It sounds to me like they were refering to alcohol usage and I remember an alcohol container photographed on the floor by his bed.

The bottom line is that I see this as proof that the incompetent parents knew that Ethan had sleeping and anxiety type of disorders and that he would clearly benefit from pharmaceuticals.

On top of that they did not even take him to simple regular counseling.

It is a 1-2 punch. The medical licensed doctor prescribes appropriate medication and the licensed psychologist/psychotherapist/counselor provides talk therapy and can provide behavioral therapy.

2 Cents

So they think their child needs to be calmed down on Xanax yet they will not take their child to a psychiatrist who can prescribe their child with his own antidepressants and Xanax, etc.... Plus counsel him, etc....

2 Cents

Edit:
oops!
I didn't read your last post before replying here and repeated some info here that you had already posted.

When the owner of the diner where EC and his half brother Eli had worked for a bit, she said that Eli got caught smoking pot and was told his parents were going to be called.
He said "where do you think I got it?".
It was reported in LE's investigation that there was evidence of pot growing in the Crumbley's basement.
So now we have alcohol, (Jennifer texted she was going to get drunk and go ride her horse),pot, Adderall and Xanax.
Was EC allowed to drink?
The empty bottle found on the floor by his bed isn't evidence that he did drink though.

Jennifer had prescriptions for Adderall and Xanax.
She also drank so speed makes you drink even more then comes bedtime you hit the Xanax.
There's a big problem with people becoming addicted to both drugs and the combo too.

I wonder if she was forced to go off her drugs "cold turkey" in jail or if her doctor was allowed to continue prescribing them or was at least allowed to prescribe a tapering protocol for her to follow to wean her completely off of them.

If she was prescribed these medications to take every day then it would be abusive - in my opinion - to have forced her to go off of them abruptly "cold turkey."

2 Cents

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members