MI MI - Aaron Idle, 30, Owosso, 23 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The hard part about the drugs is the family will not say anything about it and insist its irrelevant.

Sadly I don't think it is.

Still nothing happening here? I see notices on the Flint Police Operations page on Facebook often telling people to call the police if they have seen him or if they know anything about where he is. How do so many people just disappear into thin air with no one knowing anything about it?

There's a big photo of Aaron in the first post of this thread and I couldn't help but notice what a sweet, friendly smile he has.

http://www.argus-press.com/news/community/owosso/article_ea822372-b26b-11e2-8a02-001a4bcf887a.html

As investigators pass the five-week mark in their search for 30-year-old Aaron Idle they are expressing frustration with those they say may have information that could lead to the people involved with the Owosso man’s disappearance.

“It is profoundly difficult to get accurate information in investigations of this nature,” said Det. Lt. David Kirk of the Shiawassee County Sheriff’s Office. He said officials still can’t rule out that Idle’s disappearance March 23 is related to individuals known to be involved in heavy drug activity. “Often, the people we come across (in the investigation) have some sort of criminal back stories and are more concerned with their drug use than finding a missing person.”

Is anyone still searching? Any progress in the case?

Flint Police Department is reporting his body is possibly in Mundy Twp at a landfill off of US 23 after being dumped in an Owosso Twp dumpster

snipped:

OWOSSO TWP., MI – The body of a man missing from Owosso Township since March 23 has been deemed "unrecoverable" by Shiawassee County detectives.
Shiawassee sheriff's investigators say Aaron Weston Idle, 30, went missing in the early morning hours of March 23 from his Chippewa Trail residence in Owosso Township.
A short time after leaving, police believe he was picked up in a vehicle and transported to a residence on North Chapman Road in Owosso Township.
Police said in a news release that their investigation showed an arrangement to have controlled substances delivered was made by the resident. The resident and Aaron Idle then consumed the controlled substance, and Aaron Idle was discovered as unresponsive later that evening.
Idle was suspected to be deceased, according to the report.
Shiawassee County investigators say Idle's body was loaded into the resident's vehicle and taken to a Dumpste,r where his body was deposited and eventually removed by the contracted garbage service.
Investigators at Shiawassee County Sheriff's Office have conferred with federal and state evidence recovery teams as well as engineers in the sanitation industry in an attempt to recover Idle's body, according to the report.
The investigators, recovery teams and engineers have deemed Idle's body unrecoverable due to the length of time between his disappearance and law enforcement discovered what happened to Idle.
Shiawassee police say multiple search warrants will be issued to investigate results of laboratory submissions.
Once completed, Shiawassee police anticipate one subject will face charges.
The Shiawassee prosecutor and representatives from the sheriff's office met with immediate family members of Aaron Weston Idle Wednesday, June 5.
The investigation is expected to be forwarded to the Shiawassee County Prosecuting Attorney's Office for final review within the next few days, according to the report.
Shiawassee County Sheriff's Office did not provide additional details.

source:

http://www.mlive.com/mobile/news/flint/

I posted the whole blurb because there was no individual article. The family has since also confirmed they are ending the search and are considering him deceased.

Is there anyway for a mod to change this thread from active search to found - deceased?

Who knows if what the person who confessed was actually the truth? The confessor admitted he was a drug addict who was high while alleged incident with Aaron occurred.

I feel so bad for the family after they pushed for the idea that Aaron was clean and no longer a drug user, and then for this to surface...

From the family's facebook page:

Aaron's mother asked me to post this for here ..

Hello Everyone. I'm Pam Idle, Aarons's mom. I am so angry and feel like this nightmare is never going to be over. I CANNOT accept that the sheriffs dept. plans to leave my son in a landfill. And that they are going to accept the explanation of the person who has been lying to them for over two months. I AM OUTRAGED!!! I don't know what to do next but my family and I are working on trying to getting so help to recover his body.

If any of you know someone who can help us please message me. All of you who knew Aaron, knows he doesn't deserve to spend all of eternity in a dump (although I know his soul is in heaven). How many thousands of dollars have been spent trying to find Jimmy Hoffa?
Most families go to a cemetary to pay their respects to a loved one....are we supposed to do that at a landfill?

Currently they are writing a petition to try to force the city/county/state to excavate to find his body. Apparently the landfill claims that they can pinpoint almost the exact location to help retrieve the remains.

If anyone knows more about how the family could go about this, head on over to their Facebook Page or message me/comment here and I'll pass it along.

This poor family.

I don't know if this is allowed but here is the petition the family plans on presenting to whomever it concerns in their effort to recover the body instead of leaving it in the landfill.

Thinking of Aaron and his wonderful smile. I hope they will recover his remains so his family can lay him to rest.

Another arrest made in the disappearance case of Owosso man

Another arrest has been made in the case of the missing Owosso man, Aaron Idle.

Andrew Idle, age 26 and the brother of Aaron, was charged with conspiracy to deliver a controlled substance and as a habitual offender, third notice. Both charges are related to the disappearance of Aaron Idle back in March of 2013.

This is the second arrest in the case, with James Cummings, a 35-year-old of Owosso, also having been arrested in August.

http://www.minbcnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=989970#.UsustbQmTO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw
Back