MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on verification process before I say any more about what I know. Mod deleted my post. I'm new, so I have to learn how things work here.

*modsnip*
Thanks for going through the process. We are always grateful for insiders' information. Unfortunately, the process can take more than a few days sometimes, because only the site's owner authorizes verified insiders. She tends to stay pretty busy. Until then, we will keep Adrienne in our thoughts and hope for the best possible outcome.

I find the silence by L.E. deafening

I'm particularly baffled by the secrecy about the alleged Person of Interest - the current boyfriend of the missing woman. Why is this individual's identity being protected? Oakland County is home to high-profile automotive/business executives and local sports figures (Detroit Tigers, Lions, Pistons, Red Wings). I can't help wondering if the "boyfriend" is a prominent local person whose livelihood could be in jeopardy if he's involved in the missing person case.

I'm particularly baffled by the secrecy about the alleged Person of Interest - the current boyfriend of the missing woman. Why is this individual's identity being protected? Oakland County is home to high-profile automotive/business executives and local sports figures (Detroit Tigers, Lions, Pistons, Red Wings). I can't help wondering if the "boyfriend" is a prominent local person whose livelihood could be in jeopardy if he's involved in the missing person case.
That seems to be SOP these days, IMO.

I don't think they are protecting the suspect. I think LE is protecting the case that is being built. I would guess that they do not need the public's assistance at this time.

When we do hear from LE on his identity, we may hear a lot more details, and perhaps charges. Frustrating though...

I don't think they are protecting him. The BF has chosen to remain anonymous, its not up to LE to "out" him until they arrest him.

But certainly this guy is giving the impression of guilt by maintaining his silence. I get the feeling that if it is him, he simply knows he didn't commit the perfect crime and that it is only a matter of time before LE comes knocking. As a criminal you are always better off saying as little as possible.

I don't think they are protecting the suspect. I think LE is protecting the case that is being built. I would guess that they do not need the public's assistance at this time.

When we do hear from LE on his identity, we may hear a lot more details, and perhaps charges. Frustrating though...

I hope you're right about this. The family's reward site suggests that the public contact LE with tips. With so little information, including the name of the POI, it's difficult for the public to aid the investigation.

I hope you're right about this. The family's reward site suggests that the public contact LE with tips. With so little information, including the name of the POI, it's difficult for the public to aid the investigation.
Police really don't need any help, especially if it is the boyfriend. He has been interviewed by police, and even after that he was named a POI, so that tells me that his story either wasn't convincing or it was full of holes. Police will be looking in to his cell records and bank records in an effort to prove, or disprove his whereabouts at crucial periods in time. They'll be taking his vehicle and doing forensic testing. If it becomes very obvious that this guy was involved, they'll arrest him, but there is no hurry on their part. If he is truly a suspect, they'll be following him around, you can be sure of that.

Police really don't need any help, especially if it is the boyfriend. He has been interviewed by police, and even after that he was named a POI, so that tells me that his story either wasn't convincing or it was full of holes. Police will be looking in to his cell records and bank records in an effort to prove, or disprove his whereabouts at crucial periods in time. They'll be taking his vehicle and doing forensic testing. If it becomes very obvious that this guy was involved, they'll arrest him, but there is no hurry on their part. If he is truly a suspect, they'll be following him around, you can be sure of that.
*modsnip* Makes me think it's still wide open and they want as much info as possible. If everyone believes there is a suspect in the foul play they are still looking for Adrienne and information to help whatever case.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do they know that bf was actually back home on Tuesday, as stated? Also, we haven't heard, (or I haven't heard..) who was the last person this woman actually spoke with. We don't know who the call was to at 2:45 a.m., nor do we know what prompted that person to call LE. Where was BF on Thursday when the incident happened? I am in Northern Michigan, about an hour away from there. Pretty silent up here. Crickets in fact.

IF she was hurt by her bf, the motive isn't apparent to me. Jealousy? In any case it would have been premeditated, given the circumstances (being suprised in the middle of the night).

If it was her bf, and if her bf was abusive towards her- which we don't know, then unfortunately he would not "need" a motive for harming her, as abusive men are not "connoisseurs of the rational"... As my own experience with them has painfully taught me
imho

IF she was hurt by her bf, the motive isn't apparent to me. Jealousy? In any case it would have been premeditated, given the circumstances (being suprised in the middle of the night).
Could be only the cover-up was premeditated. Maybe the motive was just an explosive temper?

Could be as simple as an argument that got out of hand. Alcohol, if involved, always makes things worse.
My premise was that she was alone when it happened and was surprised by someone. If the bf went back to the cabin and didn't intend to harm her, it's possible that her son would know about his plans. An argument at 3am is less likely IMO.

ETA: If this wasn't planned, phone pings could probably place him at the cabin.

Last edited:
If it was her bf, and if her bf was abusive towards her- which we don't know, then unfortunately he would not "need" a motive for harming her, as abusive men are not "connoisseurs of the rational"... As my own experience with them has painfully taught me
imho
Exactly. The fact that he returned home without her suggests that something may have happened, anything from a simple argument to a breakup. Who knows? Maybe he simmers a few days and then shows up and explodes.

My premise was that she was alone when it happened and was surprised by someone. If the bf went back to the cabin and didn't intend to harm her, it's possible that her son would know about his plans. An argument at 3am is less likely IMO.

ETA: If this wasn't planned, phone pings could probably place him at the cabin.
If it was the boyfriend, we have no idea what time he actually got there. Maybe, when he came home alone, she had kicked him out. So after a couple of days he goes to see her again, but she insists he leave again. Then he explodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay