MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the obvious answer, but the clip was empty and she was already on the roof. It was useless to her at that point. Maybe she tossed it.

Has anyone considered that this may be a suicide and that this was all staged to cover that fact?
It’s an interesting idea but it just seems like a lot of work to put into that, but I guess it’s not impossible.

If that’s the case, in time, nature would reveal that. We have a lot of wildlife in that area.

On youtube of Brainscratch, 2 people (one anonymous and another a relative of Lundy, made the statement that he begged her to leave with him but she refused. I believe in one of those comments, it was stated that she was afraid to return down south. On fb, the same relative became very snippy at a comment of a picture of him that simply asked if the picture was in fact him.
Yes, I don't think any associate of Lundy's gave a statement to the media, so it's unlikely that this has been published in MSM, and it remains a rumor.

Very rarely have I ever seen a reward actually get results. Especially when we are taking about potential killers. Is it worth $100 to live the rest of your life looking over your shoulder?

I would guess $100k is probably 5 times the cost of an average hitman. Googling the average cost of a hitman it wasn't productive and now I'm worried, lol. Money is the root of all evil these days and has turned many a criminal against each other.

I don't remember anything about Ada being afraid to go back downstate with Lundy. Where is this info coming from? Her sister said in an interview that Ada was being paid $500 to fix up the family cabin and her plan was to stay up there for a month to work on it. I think she was also planning to do some hunting during hunting season. Speaking of hunting, has there been any mention of additional firearms that are missing? Were there any hunting rifles at the cabin?

It is interesting you say that. They could draw him away to ensure she was alone.

Thats the obvious answer, but the clip was empty and she was already on the roof. It was useless to her at that point. Maybe she tossed it.

Has anyone considered that this may be a suicide and that this was all staged to cover that fact?
Remember, maybe you what you are saying is that what perp is/was hoping everyone would think. Staging!
I would guess $100k is probably 5 times the cost of an average hitman. Googling the average cost of a hitman it wasn't productive and now I'm worried, lol. Money is the root of all evil these days and has turned many a criminal against each other.
oh boy, you are in trouble. Such keywords as you chose to use in your search are tagged. I hope the only people knocking on your door the next few days are family and not g-men.

Why did she leave the cabin in the first place? Did someone try to break in through the front door but failed? Why didn't they just break a window like the police did? If it was because she thought there was someone in the attic, why did she go to the roof? Wouldn't it make more sense to run away from the cabin immediately? Did she think the cabin was being surrounded?

A suicide doesn't cause a body to be removed. I would think they had enough cellphone data to know where she was within a certain radius when the call was made.

Remember, maybe you what you are saying is that what perp is/was hoping everyone would think. Staging!

oh boy, you are in trouble. Such keywords as you chose to use in your search are tagged. I hope the only people knocking on your door the next few days are family and not g-men.

Working on an alibi right now! But all kidding aside. I hope there is an answer for her family soon. Are we sure the woman she called didn't hear any other person. A shootout would rarely be just shooting, I would expect yelling. You would think the perps would be trying to convince her to come out.

I have been following along as best as possible, but haven't posted here in this thread yet.

Just a few thoughts....

From outward appearances, that cabin doesn't look like one that would be ripe for items to steal in the middle of the night (or the day for that matter.) With a car being parked outside, anyone who was trying to break in would likely know that there was an occupant inside and would presume that whomever was there was sleeping at that time of the night and would likely be caught by surprise. (They may have been the ones surprised when AQ started to fire shots.)

This leads me to believe that whatever happened there was very much a targeted event. What I am wondering is if the car there was registered to Lundy, then it was recognizable as Lundy's car and whomever was on the outside of the cabin may have thought that Lundy was the person inside and were aiming to harm him.

Maybe AQ wasn't the intended victim of whatever transpired, but became a victim of opportunity and was forced to leave by gunpoint in a vehicle because the person(s) who took her were left with no other option, as she had seen their face(s).

Since her handgun was left behind and found in the leaves, (per @Knox 's awesome summary), I think she was made to throw it down when she was ambushed up on the roof. She had perhaps taken off her boots to try to soften her footsteps to be silent while she was on the roof, then was forced to leave them behind when caught. I would love to know what fingerprints (if any) were found on that ladder and how many different newer shell casings were found!

No way in my mind could she have made it too far in bare or sock feet in complete darkness without a light or a weapon and leaving no prints. I think she would have been found by now if she left on foot.

I don't think this was a mental break or drug episode, as I believe she would have left traces (clothing snags, footprints, scent) if she had left voluntarily on foot. It is said to be a marshy area....and that type of terrain is ripe for leaving trails.

Whether or not there is a link to what occurred in July, I am still on the fence. I would need to learn more about the incident that took place. The fact that alcohol was involved in that incident makes me wonder if it took place at a private residence or in a bar and if it took place near her home or if it was somewhere near the cabin, which could be very important.

Thanks to all who have kept this thread updated with news and info!

I hope this case doesn't go silent and I hope she is found alive and well.....maybe the reward will push someone to do the right thing and come forward with what they know.

All JMO and speculation

Last edited:
I have been following along as best as possible, but haven't posted here in this thread yet.

Just a few thoughts....

From outward appearances, that cabin doesn't look like one that would be ripe for items to steal in the middle of the night (or the day for that matter.) With a car being parked outside, anyone who was trying to break in would likely know that there was an occupant inside and would presume that whomever was there was sleeping at that time of the night and would likely be caught by surprise. (They may have been the ones surprised when AQ started to fire shots.)

This leads me to believe that whatever happened there was very much a targeted event. What I am wondering is if the car there was registered to Lundy, then it was recognizable as Lundy's car and whomever was on the outside of the cabin may have thought that Lundy was the person inside and were aiming to harm him.

Maybe AQ wasn't the intended victim of whatever transpired, but became a victim of opportunity and was forced to leave by gunpoint in a vehicle because the person(s) who took her were left with no other option, as she had seen their face(s).

Since her handgun was left behind and found in the leaves, (per @Knox 's awesome summary), I think she was made to throw it down when she was ambushed up on the roof. She had perhaps taken off her boots to try to soften her footsteps to be silent while she was on the roof, then was forced to leave them behind when caught. I would love to know what fingerprints (if any) were found on that ladder and how many different newer shell casings were found!

No way in my mind could she have made it too far in bare or sock feet in complete darkness without a light or a weapon and leaving no prints. I think she would have been found by now if she left on foot.

I don't think this was a mental break or drug episode, as I believe she would have left traces (clothing snags, footprints, scent) if she had left voluntarily on foot. It is said to be a marshy area....and that type of terrain is ripe for leaving trails.

Whether or not there is a link to what occurred in July, I am still on the fence. I would need to learn more about the incident that took place. The fact that alcohol was involved in that incident makes me wonder if it took place at a private residence or in a bar and if it took place near her home or if it was somewhere near the cabin, which could be very important.

Thanks to all who have kept this thread updated with news and info!

I hope this case doesn't go silent and I hope she is found alive and well.....maybe the reward will push someone to do the right thing and come forward with what they know.

All JMO and speculation
You make some really great points, especially the part about marshiness. I took a hike in Honor last year and it was very marshy and difficult to navigate even during the daylight.

Also very interesting point about Lundy’s car.

Hey, can anyone confirm if that ladder that’s mentioned is the same one I keep seeing in the pictures?

Is there any evidence that would disprove a staged event? A lack of evidence might be as important as actual evidence in this case.
As far as we know, there is absolutely no evidence that anyone else was there, although that doesn't mean there wasn't, or that she perceived there to be someone there. It's her actions that don't make sense. Nobody knocked on the door, and nobody attempted to enter the cabin, would your first instinct be to shoot whatever was out there? Then, when she is in the cabin, the only protection from whatever she perceives to be outside, she decides to go out on the roof. Again, the exact opposite of what most people would do. She doesn't call 911, she convinces a friend to do it. She gives the wrong address, despite reading it off a delivered letter. This girl did absolutely nothing that makes sense. Either she was very stupid, had a mental breakdown, was on drugs, or this was all staged to mislead LE.

Why did she leave the cabin in the first place? Did someone try to break in through the front door but failed? Why didn't they just break a window like the police did? If it was because she thought there was someone in the attic, why did she go to the roof? Wouldn't it make more sense to run away from the cabin immediately? Did she think the cabin was being surrounded?
That cabin doesn't look overly secure. If you wanted to get in badly enough, 10 seconds would be more than enough time.

Just wondering, has LE put out any new information or had any press conferences lately? If not, I'm wondering if there is a suspect they are looking at? I still feel that Lundy has to have something to do with this. I wonder if they have looked in his vehicle? I'm sure they would have looked at his phone records a long time ago, I wonder what those revealed?

Yes- the suicide scenario has been considered and discussed.

As far as we know, there is absolutely no evidence that anyone else was there, although that doesn't mean there wasn't, or that she perceived there to be someone there. It's her actions that don't make sense. Nobody knocked on the door, and nobody attempted to enter the cabin, would your first instinct be to shoot whatever was out there? Then, when she is in the cabin, the only protection from whatever she perceives to be outside, she decides to go out on the roof. Again, the exact opposite of what most people would do. She doesn't call 911, she convinces a friend to do it. She gives the wrong address, despite reading it off a delivered letter. This girl did absolutely nothing that makes sense. Either she was very stupid, had a mental breakdown, was on drugs, or this was all staged to mislead LE.
A little bit of victim blaming don’t ya think? It’s a baffling case for sure but in no way is it her fault imo. I pray she’s found and that her family can get some answers.

What I'm saying is that it is possible that she hiked to a remote location and jumped off a cliff (or whatever) after staging the abduction.
I considered suicide, but why stage the scene like that? It doesn’t make any sense.

If she was worried about life insurance payout (making it not look like suicide), there needs to be a body to be declared deceased. So why go somewhere to do it where she wouldn’t be found?

If she just didn’t want her friends and family to know she committed suicide, this staging just sets them up for a lengthy search and worry about her. She would have set up a terrible scenario.

In either case, she was alone at the cabin and could have just disappeared to end her life without all the shenanigans. I can’t make sense of all the elaborate staging if she was in a suicidal state.

3 teenagers have been reported missing since October in Michigan. I keep thinking if she actually shot someone they will eventually be reported missing.
What I'm saying is that it is possible that she hiked to a remote location and jumped off a cliff (or whatever) after staging the abduction.

I know zero about that area. Well she didn't use her car to take here there and didn't have shoes so it would have been very unlikely she went very far without assistance.

This case just seems to get stranger and stranger. I just don't know why she would have a gun with no bullets or why she would drop the gun and leave it on the ground.
She must have been very afraid and very panicked. Then I keep going back to her seeing that cougar while letting the dog out. That would be very rare. Then the head injury that she was hospitalized for...
No telling what she saw that night but it sounds so scary. A head injury can really change things as far as perception.
I wonder if there were any signs of that picked up on by her family leading up to this incident or did she have a sudden delusion that night?

Also, does anyone follow David Paulides missing 411 and do you think this case falls into his criteria?

A few things that stand out to me that might make this case similar to what he does are her shoes being left behind, the dog, the fact that she was alone and seperated from her boyfriend, the wooded area, her not being found within a reasonable distance from her home after only half hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13