MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Oakland County, MI and follow the Danielle Stislicki case, as well. I don't see an obvious connection to the case at this time. Is the SG known to have a long gun in the trunk of his vehicle? Ally Brueger was shot in the back at close range with a rifle. I'm not aware of the SG owning a weapon or having access to a gun in his work. Security guards who are armed would most likely carry a hand gun, not a hunting rifle.

Are the SG's whereabouts known for the day that Alexandra Brueger was shot? If there is a nexus other than the remote possibility that Ally attended to the SG during her tenure at the hospital, I would be more likely to give this notion some credence. For now, it seems like rampant speculation. :moo:

Yeah, I don't see a connection to Danielle's case either. This seems like someone who knew or knew of Alexandra as this seems like it was personal and not random. The use of shotgun makes this odd as it seems to be rarely used in murders. And this time during the day on a road.

Bump and prayers for Alex & her family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't see a connection to Danielle's case either. This seems like someone who knew or knew of Alexandra as this seems like it was personal and not random. The use of shotgun makes this odd as it seems to be rarely used in murders. And this time during the day on a road.
The suspect has now been accused in court of attempting to rape one jogger in Livonia, and he's been mentioned in connection with the rape of another jogger in Allen Park. I could see a scenario in which he tried to lure Alexandra to his car, but she figured out something was up, so he shot her to prevent her from getting away. It may also be that he intended to abscond with her body but had to take off because he saw another car coming or realized that the gunshots had alerted the neighbors.

Almost a year later and apparently nothing yet. I wonder if LE has a better description of the vehicle leaving the area but hasn't released that to the public. As I stated earlier I'll bet the killer didn't leave the spent shells at the scene so there is very little forensic evidence to identify this coward.

This just got more curious to me. Ally worked in Novi and was an avid runner. 10 miles was a normal run for her. Maybe she ran at Hines Drive when she was living near work? Maybe someone (possibly FG from the DS case) stalked her back then?

Nearing the 1 year mark. Prayers to the family and a bump for Ally! <3

Oakland County jogger's 2016 shooting death remains unsolved
Ally Brueger, 31, was shot while running along road in Rose Township

By Ken Haddad
Posted: 4:53 PM, July 27, 2017

DETROIT - It's been nearly a year since Ally Brueger was shot and killed while running along a road in Rose Township.

The investigation remains open and Michigan State Police are seeking any tips on the case. They released this info on Thursday afternoon...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/oakland-county-joggers-2016-shooting-death-remains-unsolved

Oakland County jogger's 2016 shooting death remains unsolved
Ally Brueger, 31, was shot while running along road in Rose Township

By Ken Haddad
Posted: 4:53 PM, July 27, 2017

DETROIT - It's been nearly a year since Ally Brueger was shot and killed while running along a road in Rose Township.

The investigation remains open and Michigan State Police are seeking any tips on the case. They released this info on Thursday afternoon...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/oakland-county-joggers-2016-shooting-death-remains-unsolved

Nothing really new here, BUT LE is keeping her name and murder out there. Keeping on the killer's mind.

Some details from an earlier article: http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...ownship-seek-tips-on-car-seen-during-incident

She was shot 4 times. This was not likely a gun used for hunting upland game as it apparently didn't have the plug in the magazine. If I had to guess, I'd say it was gun used for deer or bear hunting. The thing about a shotgun is there is no ballistic evidence if they used buckshot unless LE found a empty casing at the scene. But the ejection port is on the right hand side so if the killer shot out the window or stepped just out the door the ejected cases would likely landed inside the car and not on the ground. That is, no way to trace anything back to the gun. While it would have been easier to fire a handgun out the window, even a poor shot with a gun isn't likely to miss with a shotgun at someone who would not be expecting to be a target. I wonder why the unusual choice of a shotgun. Poor shot? Didn't own a handgun and didn't want to use a gun from a recent purchase that could be traced back to them? Or they knew if they didn't leave any empty cases ballistics would be useless to LE?

Alexandra might have known her killer, but I firmly believe her killer knew her. I wonder what area she worked in at the hospital. Floor nurse? OR? Recovery/ICU? A relative or friend of a patient who did not fare well at the hospital and they held her responsible? Or something completely unrelated to work like a stalker? In any event I don't believe this was completely random. She jogged that same route almost daily so it wouldn't be difficult to ambush her.

I wish LE had something more than just a vague description of a vehicle. This was senseless.

WDIV's Karen Drew will have a special report about Ally Brueger case tonight (Monday) at 11:00PM on local Channel 4.

I don't think this recent article was posted previously. No new information; just a review of the year-long case.

Police still hunting for jogger’s killer

Kaylee McGhee, The Detroit News Published 10:43 a.m. ET July 28, 2017

Nearly a year after Alexandra Nicolette Brueger was fatally shot on her daily jog, questions about her sudden, violent death have yet to be answered.

The Michigan State Police issued a press release Thursday, asking the public to send in any information they might have regarding the murder of the Holly Township resident.

“The Michigan State Police have received over 200 tips in this investigation, but have not received the one that will solve this case,” Lt. Michael Shaw said in the release. “So far tips from citizens have led detectives across the country looking for information and possible suspects.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...a-brueger-shot-killed-rose-towship/104071462/

Family of jogger killed in Rose Township asking for public's help to solve murder
Alexandra Brueger was shot while running

By Meaghan St Pierre - Producer

Posted: 11:29 PM, July 31, 2017

ROSE TOWNSHIP, Mich. - One year after Alexandra Brueger was shot and killed on her afternoon run, her case remains unsolved.

Her parents, Nikki and Franz Brueger, want people to come forward and share anything they might remember from that day, July 30 2016. Brueger, 31, was jogging in the area of 11240 Fish Lake Road in Rose Township. She was shot four times in the back with a shotgun around 2 p.m.

"It's so inconceivable. It's so inconceivable to us what happened to her," Nikki Brueger said.

Brueger was a registered nurse at Providence Park Hospital in Novi, and while nursing was her profession, writing was her passion. She had nearly finished obtaining her master's degree in fine arts and writing when she was killed. The Bruegers say their daughter was kind, considerate and thoughtful.
Her mother misses her quick wit.

"She wanted to be married. She wanted children. She was going to get her doctorate's [degree] in poetry. One of her professors said she would have been a published author," Nikki Brueger said...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...-township-asking-publics-help-to-solve-murder

This just got more curious to me. Ally worked in Novi and was an avid runner. 10 miles was a normal run for her. Maybe she ran at Hines Drive when she was living near work? Maybe someone (possibly FG from the DS case) stalked her back then?

Just looking back at this after the hearing today for FG. According to this website Hines Park Trail starts at 7 mile and River Street in Northville, that's a 15 min drive from Ally's work.

https://www.traillink.com/trail/hines-park-trailrouge-river-grateway-greenway/

This case just seems to be going nowhere. On a quiet, country road with very few homes. Probably an area where a shotgun blast would cause very little concern unless it sounded like it was in the immediate area. I can't get over someone just driving up to a lady jogger and shooting her with a shotgun. Then driving off. Unless this was some psychopathic person just out to kill someone, anyone, this would seem to be personal. But with a year gone by, one would think LE has met everyone in Alexandra's life.

I did a Google search and nothing in the media since this past July. And I see there is nothing new on here as well. I hope LE has far more than what we've heard in the news.

Just looking back at this after the hearing today for FG. According to this website Hines Park Trail starts at 7 mile and River Street in Northville, that's a 15 min drive from Ally's work.

https://www.traillink.com/trail/hines-park-trailrouge-river-grateway-greenway/
I hope that LE has at least made an effort to clear FG (based on work records, etc.). Alexandra was his exact type (as far as I can tell). His car was a black Malibu, but his wife may have driven a white sedan, which he would have had access to.

^ I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I will go along with the possibility that Alexandra might have run occasionally in Hines Park. Prior to moving back home with her parents in Holly, Ms. Brueger lived closer to the hospital where she worked. Perhaps Hines Park was the site for her daily runs, and FG could have seen her there. I suppose that it's also possible that he could have come in contact with AB at the hospital, but I don't know what department she worked in, what shifts, etc.

Alexandra was also a part-time student and could have come in contact with FG on a local college/community college/satellite campus. IIRC, FG was taking classes at one of the local colleges. Anything is possible, I suppose, but it's up to various LE organizations to figure out whether or not FG knew AB and might be responsible for her murder.

I had to check in and see what the progress was in Alexandra's case. As I figured nothing recently.

I can't see this as a well traveled road. I wonder if anyone remembers a light colored four door car in the weeks or months prior to this. If there is any public land on the road, then maybe someone who was out shooting on occasion.

This case is starting to remind me a bit of the Heidi Childs and David Metzler case near Virginia Tech in August of 2009. LE probably has more in that case - caliber of the rifle, DNA, etc. - and they haven't solved it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003