MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on whether she knew her killer or not?
Perhaps she walked over to where this person in the car was.

Snipped from media:
She said her daughter “saw the person with a gun” and in that moment, pushed down her fear and ran

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sounds very possible. I do wonder what was found, shoe or tire impressions or a physical item.

I'll defer to LE as to whether she knew her killer or not. They're holding tight to the notion she did for some reason, hopefully a good one. The vast majority of murders are committed by someone known to the victim. I will say the manor of death and the time and place in this one is not what I would expect from someone she'd have known on a close personal basis. Broad daylight next to a house with several rounds from a shotgun. I'm having a hard time with that for some reason. It seems there would be much less risky ways of doing it if premeditated. I can't explain it so don't read too much into this but with her being a runner, what keeps coming to mind is they shot her because they couldn't catch her. Like only a true coward would.

They've had time to look at any possible nut cases or love triangles she might have been associated with and nothing that we know of so far. It would seem she'd be a very low risk victim but her routine lengthy jog would put her in sight of dozens of people on back country roads routinely. A few possible motives in no particular order could be...

crime of passion - anger, jealousy, humiliation etc.

bungled/aborted sexual offense.

psychotic thrill kill.

So what do you guys think? Did she know her killer?

I think it was an angry local-ish person who lost control. The shotgun and kamikaze killing sans contact suggests to me someone just wanted her dead for whatever reason.

Currently I'm leaning toward the thought that Ally knew her killer only vaguely. I think she had a stalker - someone who was obsessed with her but she repeatedly, yet politely, rebuffed. The killer, IMO, became outraged by Ally's rejection of him.

Without knowing what evidence was collected at the scene suggesting Alex and her killer new each other at all, that's the only scenario that comes to mind. Another theory I had earlier was road rage. I don't know the area, but have wondered if Alex had to run in the road for a distance and a driver would get impatient, having to slow up if another car was coming in the opposite direction or to go around her. But, what evidence would LE have, if that were the case, to suggest Alex and her killer knew each other?

Oh, and there again is the possibility Alex knew her killer from work: either a former coworker whom Alex snitched on; or the relative of a patient who died. Could the evidence collected at the scene have been discarded flowers from a gravesite?

In other words, godot, your guess is as good as mine. :dunno:

Currently I'm leaning toward the thought that Ally knew her killer only vaguely. I think she had a stalker - someone who was obsessed with her but she repeatedly, yet politely, rebuffed. The killer, IMO, became outraged by Ally's rejection of him.

Without knowing what evidence was collected at the scene suggesting Alex and her killer new each other at all, that's the only scenario that comes to mind. Another theory I had earlier was road rage. I don't know the area, but have wondered if Alex had to run in the road for a distance and a driver would get impatient, having to slow up if another car was coming in the opposite direction or to go around her. But, what evidence would LE have, if that were the case, to suggest Alex and her killer knew each other?

Oh, and there again is the possibility Alex knew her killer from work: either a former coworker whom Alex snitched on; or the relative of a patient who died. Could the evidence collected at the scene have been discarded flowers from a gravesite?

In other words, godot, your guess is as good as mine. :dunno:
I'm still clinging to the disgruntled relative of a patient possibility. If the person had not filed a written complaint it might have gotten lost in the chain of command. Known? Yes, I do think.

My only other thought posted in the beginning of this thread...that this may have been someone who had problems with her parents. They killed their only child.

Perhaps, if the person was there in a car waiting...Ally knowing them walked over to the car.

for the disgruntled patient--most patients wouldn't have access to details about their caregivers? Full names, addresses, etc? I feel like that is challenging to get esp since she moved home to her parents.

I wonder the cause of the breakup that caused her to move home. That's quite a lengthy commute to maintain for 4 months?

Michigan State Police: No tips since conference for Ally Brueger slaying

By John Turk, The Oakland Press
Posted: 03/06/17, 1:00 PM EST | Updated: 1 min ago

No new information has come to Michigan State Police nearly two weeks after the parents of a slain Rose Township woman stood in front of news cameras and asked potential tipsters to “find your voice.”

State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said that zero tips have been called in since Ally Brueger’s family and Crime Stoppers of Michigan held a press conference at the Rose Township hall on Feb. 21...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/2017...ips-since-conference-for-ally-brueger-slaying

for the disgruntled patient--most patients wouldn't have access to details about their caregivers? Full names, addresses, etc? I feel like that is challenging to get esp since she moved home to her parents.

I wonder the cause of the breakup that caused her to move home. That's quite a lengthy commute to maintain for 4 months?

Whenever I've been in a medical facility (hospital, out-patient surgery center, nursing home, etc.), every employee wears a photo ID badge or lanyard with full name and position (physician, nurse, tech, etc.). It's not at all impossible for anyone to find personal information on the internet.

Michigan State Police: No tips since conference for Ally Brueger slaying

By John Turk, The Oakland Press
Posted: 03/06/17, 1:00 PM EST | Updated: 1 min ago

No new information has come to Michigan State Police nearly two weeks after the parents of a slain Rose Township woman stood in front of news cameras and asked potential tipsters to “find your voice.”

State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said that zero tips have been called in since Ally Brueger’s family and Crime Stoppers of Michigan held a press conference at the Rose Township hall on Feb. 21...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/2017...ips-since-conference-for-ally-brueger-slaying
This is just so sad.

Whenever I've been in a medical facility (hospital, out-patient surgery center, nursing home, etc.), every employee wears a photo ID badge or lanyard with full name and position (physician, nurse, tech, etc.). It's not at all impossible for anyone to find personal information on the internet.
BBM
I remember over 40 years ago hospital employees wore badges with their first and last name; I was trying to remember if they still require employees to reveal their full names. When my mother has been in the hospital in recent years, the names of the nursing staff are written on a large dry erase board. I was having trouble remembering, but I'm sure they included last names. Come to think of it, there was a bulletin board in the hallway that had photos and full names of the nursing staff. So, yes, knowing an employee's full name makes it easy to procure address and other personal information on the Internet.

If a former patient or family member of a former patient were stalking Ally, again I think she would have sought employment at a different hospital/facility as well as moved. Was she looking for a new job?

Or, did the stalking begin after Ally moved in with her parents? Could it be someone (possibly another hospital employee) who learned that Ally no longer lived with her boyfriend and so took the opportunity to romance her, which she rejected and then he began stalking her? The "evidence" referred to by LE might be something bearing the hospital's emblem that was accidentally dropped by the perp next to his car.

If LE suspects that the perp is employed at the hospital (could be in nursing, a doctor or intern, technician, cafeteria worker, housekeeping or volunteer), then LE may conclude Ally knew her killer. All MOO.
I hope there's a break in the case soon.

Surely this is not unsolvable.

More and more I think she knew her killer. That there were problems on the home front. That this was a crime of passion, but also a planned one.

Surely this is not unsolvable.

More and more I think she knew her killer. That there were problems on the home front. That this was a crime of passion, but also a planned one.

I agree with you, but to a point. We are down to two possible scenarios. She knew her killer. Or it was a random murder. Either way, they must not have any evidence (enough for a conviction). So very sad. This is probably one of those that we will (in our lifetimes) never solve. It makes me sad to type this.

I agree with you, but to a point. We are down to two possible scenarios. She knew her killer. Or it was a random murder. Either way, they must not have any evidence (enough for a conviction). So very sad. This is probably one of those that we will (in our lifetimes) never solve. It makes me sad to type this.
Makes me sad to read and agree, certainly.

Perhaps I should attempt to define what I mean by "home front" -- not relationship (or former relationship) problems, necessarily, though I do wonder; and not problems necessarily linked to her current living arrangement, but problems unique to her daily routine, or neighborhood, or whereabouts away from her home or job site -- problems encountered in the routines of daily living and a person or persons she recognized and a recognizable problem associated with that person or persons.

She understood the situation, perhaps, but she failed to understand its severity.

I do wish her boyfriend/fiance would join us again. I want to think if she had problems with someone she shared with him. I am sure he has told all he knows with LE.

I know LE has said they lean towards the killer being known to the victim due to evidence at the scene, but since they have also said they can not rule out the possibility that this was random:

William Connolle was randomly gunned down in Northern Colorado 2 years ago while he was out walking. A shotgun was used. John Jacoby was randomly shot as well while riding his bicycle. And Cori Romero was shot while driving...anyway, our NOCO shooting cases are also unsolved here. I would think they might have thought to crosscheck this, IF they even know about it. I would also think the ballistics database would be nationwide in case there was "jurisdictional blindness", as Foxfire would say...(Please see my signature for reference re: the NOCO cases). I think it's worth a shot to call this in as a possible tip, jmo (taking a comparative link at NOCO just in case). A stretch, but just in case...

Have there been any other possibly similar incidents in the area that have somehow been overlooked?

And even why to move if she had already lived with him, was getting engaged at Christmas, and married after grad. Also, three hours of driving is a lot if you are still together. I am curious what Ally told her mother about the separation/pre-engagement?

And even why to move if she had already lived with him, was getting engaged at Christmas, and married after grad. Also, three hours of driving is a lot if you are still together. I am curious what Ally told her mother about the separation/pre-engagement?
If you look back a page or two her fiance posted on here. I will try and find and share.
Here ya go. Note he isn't verified.
My name is Weston Sutherland and I'm "the BF".... We actually had been dating for over 3 years and she moved in with me after about a year of dating. I have an apartment in Wixom right down the street from the hospital that both of us worked at and that's actually where we met each other.

Ally was the love of my life and my best friend! Both of us were full time students and neither of us had ever been in any trouble with the law. Neither of us had many friends, we weren't big partiers, and we had no interest in drugs or anything like that.
We spent most nights at the apartment just enjoying each other's company. She did the grocery shopping and I did the cooking. While I was making dinner, she was usually writing papers for class or watching Netflix on the couch. Every night we ate dinner in the living room so we could watch/play jeopardy together. Then, if neither of us had homework, we would usually watch our Netflix shows together and play scrabble. Everything came easy.... were best friends and madly in love!

Over time, getting married ASAP became one of her top priorities and we struggled to come to a compromise. She was already a nurse and I was still in nursing school. I was determined to wait until after graduation for marriage, she was determined not to wait any longer. We never had any bad or dramatic fights, neither of us are confrontational that way. We knew we wanted marriage, we just disagreed about the timing and I was just so stubborn.
Eventually she got tired of waiting and she decided to move back home with her mom in Holly. And we never really broke up... we were both really sad right after she moved back home. We eventually decided on a compromise... we would get engaged this Christmas and married after my graduation. She would stay with her mom until after the holidays, then we would go pick out a new apartment together. We still said I love you and talked every day, and she would come over a few nights a week. We had a good plan, we were deeply in love, life was good....

I know that none of you know me... and over the past few months I have becoming painfully aware that "The BF" is always the primary person of interest in a situation like this. Those first couple days hardly felt real... extensive police searches, extensive police questioning and interviews, handing over all my electronic devices, and then agreeing to a 6-hour polygraph.... All the while, trying to gain some kind of mental grasp on reality. In an instant, my entire world was turned upside down and thrown into complete chaos, sadness, depression.
Add to that: During Ally's funeral many of Ally's friends and family, unsure what to think at the time, deliberately ignored and avoided me. Ally's mom was the only one at the funeral that really knew me well enough to KNOW I would never have hurt Alex.

I get it... I completely understand why the BF is always the first person everyone assumes or at least wonders about when a beautiful and amazing woman's life is violently and senselessly ended like Ally's was...
So I get it, but all I want to say is... it hurts! It hurts to be looked at, or thought of, as someone who could even possibly do something that violently evil to anyone, let alone my little Ally! I need the police to find this monster. She really was an amazing woman and deserves Justice! And I need everyone to know, and not just 'know' but REALLY KNOW, that I would never of hurt her in any way and that loved Ally with all my heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody