MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexandra Brueger found shot, killed 7 months ago in Rose Township; new reward offered
31-year-old woman found fatally shot July 30 along Fish Lake Road

By Nick Monacelli - Reporter

Posted: 7:06 AM, February 21, 2017

ROSE TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Alexandra Brueger*was jogging July 30, 2016 along Fish Lake Road in Rose Township when she was shot and left for dead on the side of the road.*

The 31-year-old Holly Township woman's homicide case has gone cold since. However, there is a renewed effort to track down the person who did this. Crime Stoppers of Michigan hopes by putting this case back in the headlines somebody, anyone, might remember something from that day which could help catch Brueger's*killer.*

Brueger was an avid jogger who frequently the same route along Fish Lake Road on which she was found killed about 2:30 p.m. on a Saturday. Her friends said they have no idea why someone would kill the 31-year-old registered nurse.*

Her murder remains a mystery 7 months later. She was gunned down in the middle of the day on a dirt country road, but no one saw anything, at least not anything that has helped investigators figure out who killed Brueger...*

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...onths-ago-in-rose-township-new-reward-offered

Police Still Seeking Tips In Jogger’s Shooting Death: Who Killed Alexandra*Brueger?

February 21, 2017 9:34 AM

ROSE TOWNSHIP (WWJ)*– Authorities are*hoping a $12,5000 cash reward will be enough motivation to encourage someone to identify the gunman who shot and killed a 31-year-old nurse as she was*jogging along*a rural Oakland County road last summer.

Family members of Alexandra Brueger are expected to plead for information during an afternoon news conference Tuesday. Police say they’ve received dozens of tips in the case, but the gunman is still at large.

Brueger, who regularly went for 10-mile runs,*was shot multiple times in the back while jogging on Fish Lake*Road, in rural Rose Township, on the afternoon of July 30, 2016. Investigators say she collapsed on a resident’s*front lawn and died...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/02...-shooting-death-who-killed-alexandra-brueger/

Reward climbs to $13,500 in Ally Brueger killing

By John Turk, The Oakland Press

Posted: 02/21/17, 8:49 AM EST | Updated: 1 min

The reward has climbed for tips leading to an arrest in the slaying of Rose Township resident Ally Brueger, a nurse and avid jogger who was shot and killed last summer while on a run.

Brueger, a 31-year-old who lived with her parents, died July 30 after being shot four times in the back by someone with a shotgun while out jogging on Fish Lake Road, which is a few miles from her home.

Crime Stoppers of Michigan is now offering up to $7,500 for tips leading to the arrest and conviction of a suspect in Brueger’s slaying. The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, or ATF, is offering $5,000...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20170221/reward-climbs-to-13500-in-ally-brueger-killing

Reward Grows To $13,500 In Case Of Nurse Shot While Jogging

Alexandra Brueger likely knew her killer, police have said. She was shot four times in the back on her regular 10-mile run in Rose Township.

By Beth Dalbey (Patch Staff) - February 21, 2017 10:38 am ET

OAKLAND COUNTY, MI — Alexandra “Ally” Brueger, 31, was out for her daily run in Rose Township on July 30 when she was shot multiple times. She likely knew her killer, police have said, but her murder remains unsolved. Crime Stoppers of Michigan was expected to add another $2,500 to the reward fund on Tuesday, bringing it to $13,500.

Brueger’s body was discovered on the the lawn of a home 11240 Fish Lake Road, where she regularly took 10-mile runs. Police think she was targeted. She had been shot four times in the back...

http://patch.com/michigan/farmingto...to-13-500-in-case-of-nurse-shot-while-jogging

Thank you for the updates, BDE! I check on this thread now and then, and it's disappointing that there's no progress in the investigation. I think it's time LE releases something about the evidence at the crime scene indicating Alex and her killer knew each other. I know they want to preserve as much info as possible for the integrity of the case, but when a case is at a standstill, something needs to give.

I think about the Jessica Ridgeway case where LE asked for the public's help identifying a cross left at the crime scene. A friend of AS's mother recognized the cross and contacted her. Someone may recognize whatever evidence was left at the scene of Alex's murder and it may lead to the killer.

New to the case (saw on FB, local-ish story). This caught my eye:
""I think it would be irresponsible to say that it couldn't be random because it's a possibility, but I think from what we've found on scene and some of our gut instincts, and past incidents, she knew who her attacker was," MSP Lt. Michael Shaw said."

What past incidents? To Alex/Ally? In the area? Let's find out!

Source: http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/184135636-story

There are 45 registered sex offenders living within 5 miles of where she was found, 4 within 2 miles. If she had been running the same 10 mile run daily for ~4 months, perhaps this could be a reasonable starting place? The few within 2 miles did not seem to fit in terms of crimes + car details so far.

"Brueger was shot while running in the 11000 block of Fish Lake"

This is only 1.7 miles from her parents' home and abuts the Rose Oaks County Park. Anyone know if the incident occurred at the start or end of her run?

According to the Park's FB page, there are hunters' tree stands in the park as one local person noted in Oct 2016 that his two had been removed. Any chance someone could have sniped her from a tree stand and not a car?

""I think it would be irresponsible to say that it couldn't be random because it's a possibility, but I think from what we've found on scene and some of our gut instincts, and past incidents, she knew who her attacker was," MSP Lt. Michael Shaw said."

There was something at the scene, could be something physical or just the appearance of the scene itself. Someone earlier mentioned shoe prints and possibly the way they were positioned and interpreted leads them to believe she knew this person. Maybe from looking at the scene there's reason to believe someone had been parked and waited on her to pass by and this is enough for them to believe the shooter was known to her because they knew her routine. The gut instincts and past incidents comment I take as qualifiers to their statement about her knowing her killer because of something at the scene.

If not for LE mentioning she likely knew her killer because of something found at the scene my first impression would be she likely didn't know her killer because of gut feelings and a past incident I've seen right there in MI a few years ago. That one's in jail though.

I'm assuming her 10 mile run was the loop down Fishlake rd. to Rose center rd. and back up either Buckhorn lake rd. or Milford rd. I've not heard what direction she was headed when this happened but that would be good to know. I can't see a tree stand being involved that close to the road and that residence.

My name is Weston Sutherland and I'm "the BF".... We actually had been dating for over 3 years and she moved in with me after about a year of dating. I have an apartment in Wixom right down the street from the hospital that both of us worked at and that's actually where we met each other.

Ally was the love of my life and my best friend! Both of us were full time students and neither of us had ever been in any trouble with the law. Neither of us had many friends, we weren't big partiers, and we had no interest in drugs or anything like that.
We spent most nights at the apartment just enjoying each other's company. She did the grocery shopping and I did the cooking. While I was making dinner, she was usually writing papers for class or watching Netflix on the couch. Every night we ate dinner in the living room so we could watch/play jeopardy together. Then, if neither of us had homework, we would usually watch our Netflix shows together and play scrabble. Everything came easy.... were best friends and madly in love!

Over time, getting married ASAP became one of her top priorities and we struggled to come to a compromise. She was already a nurse and I was still in nursing school. I was determined to wait until after graduation for marriage, she was determined not to wait any longer. We never had any bad or dramatic fights, neither of us are confrontational that way. We knew we wanted marriage, we just disagreed about the timing and I was just so stubborn.
Eventually she got tired of waiting and she decided to move back home with her mom in Holly. And we never really broke up... we were both really sad right after she moved back home. We eventually decided on a compromise... we would get engaged this Christmas and married after my graduation. She would stay with her mom until after the holidays, then we would go pick out a new apartment together. We still said I love you and talked every day, and she would come over a few nights a week. We had a good plan, we were deeply in love, life was good....

I know that none of you know me... and over the past few months I have becoming painfully aware that "The BF" is always the primary person of interest in a situation like this. Those first couple days hardly felt real... extensive police searches, extensive police questioning and interviews, handing over all my electronic devices, and then agreeing to a 6-hour polygraph.... All the while, trying to gain some kind of mental grasp on reality. In an instant, my entire world was turned upside down and thrown into complete chaos, sadness, depression.
Add to that: During Ally's funeral many of Ally's friends and family, unsure what to think at the time, deliberately ignored and avoided me. Ally's mom was the only one at the funeral that really knew me well enough to KNOW I would never have hurt Alex.

I get it... I completely understand why the BF is always the first person everyone assumes or at least wonders about when a beautiful and amazing woman's life is violently and senselessly ended like Ally's was...
So I get it, but all I want to say is... it hurts! It hurts to be looked at, or thought of, as someone who could even possibly do something that violently evil to anyone, let alone my little Ally! I need the police to find this monster. She really was an amazing woman and deserves Justice! And I need everyone to know, and not just 'know' but REALLY KNOW, that I would never of hurt her in any way and that loved Ally with all my heart!
I do wish the bf/combatmedic2121 would come back to the thread/get verified.
He posted several times after this post one night.
Bumping for those that may have not seen this post. A few others follow.

Wfgodot and myself texted a few with him that one and only night.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm assuming her 10 mile run was the loop down Fishlake rd. to Rose center rd. and back up either Buckhorn lake rd. or Milford rd. I've not heard what direction she was headed when this happened but that would be good to know. I can't see a tree stand being involved that close to the road and that residence.
Hunting Shotgun bullets can travel 200-300 yards. Apparently it is also common for hunters to carve their names on their blinds that they leave installed in the offseason and they can be elevated or ground level.

I read the BF statement. Sad. Wish he were verified. Also, does she go by Alex or Ally?

I read the BF statement. Sad. Wish he were verified. Also, does she go by Alex or Ally?
From quotes I've seen, it seems some people (certain friends) call her Alex and others (e.g., her parents and BF) call her Ally.

Interesting find. Was Alex being stalked?

The fact that Lt Shaw came to the conclusion Alex knew her attacker, citing past incidents as one factor, leads me to believe all of the past incidents involved Alex. So, maybe a stalker whose advances Alex spurned?

Again, I'm curious about the reference to "What we've (MSP) found on the scene." Could a discarded ring or flowers have been found at the crime scene?

There was something at the scene, could be something physical or just the appearance of the scene itself. Someone earlier mentioned shoe prints and possibly the way they were positioned and interpreted leads them to believe she knew this person.

IIRC, at least one local report about the case mentions "sandals" as the footwear. Shoeprints must indicate a specific type of shoe/sandal with an easily-identified sole pattern. With a good print, investigators would also know the shoe size and whether perp is male or female. Sure wish there'd be a major break in this case :praying:

/\ /\

Shoe prints was speculation on my part but yeah I had forgot about the guy they questioned regarding having sandals, he didn't have a clue as to what they were talking about, seemed pretty convincing too. That whole thing was weird.

/\ /\

Shoe prints was speculation on my part but yeah I had forgot about the guy they questioned regarding having sandals, he didn't have a clue as to what they were talking about, seemed pretty convincing too. That whole thing was weird.
My only thought....which could be wrong is the sandal shoe prints followed along with her on the jog for a bit!??

We might want to not get too far ahead of ourselves with the sandals since that talk comes from the guy that someone tipped on a few months after the murder. He says LE showed him a photo and tried to tell him it was him. If they had a photo from surveillance of an unknown suspect why wouldn't they take that to the public. I'm not saying they didn't show him a photo but that could have been tactics on their part. With the little we know I don't get the vibes he's responsible but would note, they haven't cleared him. I wonder who saw the white or tan car, the description couldn't be more vague.

From the freep the other day since Bette don't do freep,
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...xandra-brueger-rose-township-murder/98212754/

Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw has told media previously that there was evidence at the scene that indicates Ally Brueger likely knew her killer, but police were not ruling out anything. He did not elaborate.

Nikki Brueger said she believes “it was more random,” and her husband agreed.

“My feeling is they somehow crossed paths,” Franz Brueger said. “Who drives around with a shotgun? Maybe this person had enough time to go home, pick up a shotgun and speeded down the road.”

We might want to not get too far ahead of ourselves with the sandals since that talk comes from the guy that someone tipped on a few months after the murder. He says LE showed him a photo and tried to tell him it was him. If they had a photo from surveillance of an unknown suspect why wouldn't they take that to the public. I'm not saying they didn't show him a photo but that could have been tactics on their part. With the little we know I don't get the vibes he's responsible but would note, they haven't cleared him. I wonder who saw the white or tan car, the description couldn't be more vague.

From the freep the other day since Bette don't do freep,
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...xandra-brueger-rose-township-murder/98212754/
Thoughts on whether she knew her killer or not?
Perhaps she walked over to where this person in the car was.

Snipped from media:
She said her daughter “saw the person with a gun” and in that moment, pushed down her fear and ran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member