MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
$10,000 reward offered for information in Oakland County jogger's shooting death
Alexandra Brueger shot July 30 while jogging along gravel road

By Derick Hutchinson

Posted: 5:10 PM, October 05, 2016

OAKLAND COUNTY, Mich. - A $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest and conviction of the person wanted for murdering Alexandra Brueger.

Brueger, 31, was shot while jogging July 30 in the 11200 block of Fish Lake Road in Rose Township.

Anyone with information is asked to call police. Information about suspicious persons or unusual vehicles in the area could be extremely important, police said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...tion-in-oakland-county-joggers-shooting-death

$10,000 reward offered for information in Oakland County jogger's shooting death
Alexandra Brueger shot July 30 while jogging along gravel road

By Derick Hutchinson

Posted: 5:10 PM, October 05, 2016

OAKLAND COUNTY, Mich. - A $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest and conviction of the person wanted for murdering Alexandra Brueger.

Brueger, 31, was shot while jogging July 30 in the 11200 block of Fish Lake Road in Rose Township.

Anyone with information is asked to call police. Information about suspicious persons or unusual vehicles in the area could be extremely important, police said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...tion-in-oakland-county-joggers-shooting-death
It was stated that she may have known her killer. Geez, I hated texting that. The only thing that comes to my mind is possible another set of footprints running with her.
Anyone think of anything else where LE could have come to this conclusion?

Possibly someone she left behind in the move??

I really don't understand the need to kill her...whoever, whatever reason...get angry, have words and move on!

Sent from my SM-G930V

A possible suspect was questioned... he claims it was a false arrest.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/215422426-story

So LE evidently has surveillance video and the person was wearing sandals. They know he was wearing sandals and yet LE can't identify the murderer for sure. Interesting. A shotgun is a devastating weapon with buckshot or rifled slug and, if up close, even with bird shot. But I can't recall many murders committed with a shotgun. 4 rounds tells me the shooter didn't have a game plug in gun limiting it to 3 rounds. Used for deer hunting? Recently purchased and never put in a plug? Bought the gun for home protection or deer hunting and therefore didn't need the plug? And shotgun pellets can't be traced back to a particular gun like a pistol or rifle bullet can. However, I wonder if the killer left behind at least one empty shotgun casing, in which case LE could possibly match firing pin and/or extractor marks.

I still can't imagine this. Shooting a petite woman and in the back. I can't see or understand this.

So LE evidently has surveillance video and the person was wearing sandals. They know he was wearing sandals and yet LE can't identify the murderer for sure. Interesting. A shotgun is a devastating weapon with buckshot or rifled slug and, if up close, even with bird shot. But I can't recall many murders committed with a shotgun. 4 rounds tells me the shooter didn't have a game plug in gun limiting it to 3 rounds. Used for deer hunting? Recently purchased and never put in a plug? Bought the gun for home protection or deer hunting and therefore didn't need the plug? And shotgun pellets can't be traced back to a particular gun like a pistol or rifle bullet can. However, I wonder if the killer left behind at least one empty shotgun casing, in which case LE could possibly match firing pin and/or extractor marks.

I still can't imagine this. Shooting a petite woman and in the back. I can't see or understand this.
Wearing sandals toting a shotgun? If a car wasnt mentioned I would think very local. moo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks. I remembered the car but who knows what involvement it has...I trust LE has reasons to believe it was suspicious.

Also, further back in a msm post or LE it is said she may have knew her killer. I wonder if someone from the past or someone she newly met upon moving back home?

Whst did this young lady do so awful in one person's opinion that they chose to take her life?

I really hope this case is solved.

Ally Brueger slaying: No updates, four months on

By John Turk, The Oakland Press

Posted: 12/02/16, 5:30 AM EST | Updated: 2 days ago

This week marked four months since the slaying of Rose Township nurse and avid jogger Ally Brueger, who was running along a rural road when she was shot four times in the back.

After weeks of investigations, discussions with residents and a reward for tips leading to an arrest that totals $8,500, the case remains unsolved.

Brueger, a 31-year-old who lived with her parents, was fatally shot on July 30 by someone with a shotgun while out jogging on Fish Lake Road, which is a few miles from her home...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...-no-updates-four-months-on?source=most_viewed

Ally Brueger slaying: No updates, four months on

By John Turk, The Oakland Press

Posted: 12/02/16, 5:30 AM EST | Updated: 2 days ago

This week marked four months since the slaying of Rose Township nurse and avid jogger Ally Brueger, who was running along a rural road when she was shot four times in the back.

After weeks of investigations, discussions with residents and a reward for tips leading to an arrest that totals $8,500, the case remains unsolved.

Brueger, a 31-year-old who lived with her parents, was fatally shot on July 30 by someone with a shotgun while out jogging on Fish Lake Road, which is a few miles from her home...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...-no-updates-four-months-on?source=most_viewed
I still wonder what the evidence is?

From the link above
•evidence at the scene of the homicide suggested that Brueger may have known her killer.•

I hope they will eventually find her killer.
This person is still walking among us.

Nurses can have some creepy patients.
Also some that may not agree with the treatment their loved one is receiving but they are just following Dr. orders. As far as we know she never had her nursing license suspended?
So....maybe an anonymous crazy?

In hospital a patient won't see many doctors; but nurses? In and out of rooms a dozen times a day.

In hospital a patient won't see many doctors; but nurses? In and out of rooms a dozen times a day.
True. I between something with her or with her parents. Neither a reason to take her life.
Unless someone loss a loved one under doctors care and somehow blames her.
I hope not.

True. I between something with her or with her parents. Neither a reason to take her life.
Unless someone loss a loved one under doctors care and somehow blames her.
I hope not.

This is what I'm wondering. Had a patient she took care of died not long before her murder? Occasionally relatives do take it hard when a loved one dies and blames the one caring for the patient. Sometimes people even harbor a grudge long afterwards, such as around an anniversary (eg, anniversary of death or marriage, birthday)/holiday.

One thought I've had is that perhaps Ally reported someone - at work or in her previous neighborhood - for wrongdoing. It doesn't seem likely connected with work, else wouldn't Ally have quit her job before moving back home if she felt so threatened? Or did she feel safe with security at work, and perhaps rightly so, but her killer began stalking her at home instead.

Whether she had drawn the wrath of a coworker or a neighbor, or perhaps a classmate, did she receive threats at home before moving back with her parents? Was Ally involved in any social groups? The killer could also have been acting on behalf of someone else, e.g., the husband of a coworker who lost her job as a result of something Ally reported.

The killer may have stalked Ally for some time, perhaps initially online, to locate her and learn her routine. There have been reports in the news that Ally may have known her killer, that evidence at the scene suggests she knew her killer, to there being "lots" of evidence at the scene showing she knew her killer. I just can't fathom what that evidence might be, but it sounds like LE are becoming more confident about the evidence they've gathered further into the investigation.

All MOO :moo:

In the articles I read in previous posts, I don't remember reading this:

While there are no known witnesses to the actual crime, Ally was often seen by neighbors running on Fish Lake Road in the days and weeks leading up to her death. She had moved back in with her parents in April after what her mother said was an amicable break-up with a boyfriend of 2½ years.

<snipped>
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

I know others were asking if Ally had a past boyfriend, but this is the first I've seen confirmation. After being together that long, I wonder if they were engaged. Could the evidence at the scene have been a ring that Ally threw to the ground when her assailant began firing, or when he retrieved the gun from his car? The split between Ally and her BF may have been mutual, appearing amicable to others, but if they had been living together for a while (and especially if they were engaged), there may have been conflict about ownership of some mutual possessions and resentment about the cost of the (hypothetical) ring. Perhaps was there something the killer was willing to exchange for the ring and he threw it toward Ally and she then responded by throwing down the ring? This would be evidence Ally knew her killer. MOO

In the articles I read in previous posts, I don't remember reading this:

While there are no known witnesses to the actual crime, Ally was often seen by neighbors running on Fish Lake Road in the days and weeks leading up to her death. She had moved back in with her parents in April after what her mother said was an amicable break-up with a boyfriend of 2½ years.

<snipped>
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

I know others were asking if Ally had a past boyfriend, but this is the first I've seen confirmation. After being together that long, I wonder if they were engaged. Could the evidence at the scene have been a ring that Ally threw to the ground when her assailant began firing, or when he retrieved the gun from his car? The split between Ally and her BF may have been mutual, appearing amicable to others, but if they had been living together for a while (and especially if they were engaged), there may have been conflict about ownership of some mutual possessions and resentment about the cost of the (hypothetical) ring. Perhaps was there something the killer was willing to exchange for the ring and he threw it toward Ally and she then responded by throwing down the ring? This would be evidence Ally knew her killer. MOO
Good thoughts on boyfriend. I think if engagement rings were found at the scene he would be someone they would be looking at.

She was working on what I assume was an MFA in Creative Writing. One can meet strangers along that way -- been in such a program, years ago. While probably not more likely a place to meet one's fate as another, I recall the attachments, real or imagined, and the petty jealousies which can blight the creative mind(s).

Good thoughts on boyfriend. I think if engagement rings were found at the scene he would be someone they would be looking at.

Yes. I was wondering if the reason Ally's family has been so quiet is that they know LE has a POI in sight. I hope this is the case and Ally's killer is soon brought to justice. :justice:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member