GUILTY MI - Amber Griffin, 27, last seen by boyfriend, Battle Creek, 22 Jun 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish, in schools there would be classes to show women how to get out of abusive relationships and agencies created to facilitate this.

Sadly, sometimes they can tell you exactly what they need to do in order to get out of the relationship, but there’s this one factor holding them back from doing so...
Sometimes that factor is the abuser himself. Sometimes it’s the holding on of hope based on what it once was, sometimes fear, sometimes money, or even children. At times it may be a broken system or lack of support..

I have 2 questions.
1. Did 911 attempt to follow-up on the call they received from her phone?
2. If they were at a small house party, who else was there and why did no one help her?

:(

Specifically to follow-up on Question 2: Where are these people and are they coming forward to tell what they saw and/or heard that night?? Who the hello could just stand by knowing this was going on?? Blood in several places in the home. This didn’t happen in a vacuum! I don’t understand. So freaking sad.

Mother of missing Bedford Township woman presumed dead desperate for closure

To Note:
•Derek Horton is the main suspect
•While he originally said that Amber walked away from their home the night of June 22, witnesses told police the couple was at a party on Oneita Street early Tue morning (23rd).
•LE found signs of an assault where the party took place.
•Her mother said she went to the house, and saw blood in the basement.
•someone anonymous shared that they heard Amber down there (basement) screaming he was going to kill her
•Court records show Horton has a lengthy criminal history, including several assault charges. Amber was the victim of two cases.
•LE said Horton was seen buying a shovel the day after Amber went missing, which he may have used to bury her.
Ok, I just gotta say: WHO ON EARTH hears a woman downstairs at a house party screaming that someone is going to kill her, and doesn’t GO CHECK ON HER!!!! I don’t care if I was drunk or stoned to a high degree, I’d STILL take something to use as a weapon - even a beer bottle - and GO CHECK IT OUT! I’ve seen people do that even at raging frat parties. We ALWAYS did. Always. It aggravates tf out of me that maybe she could have been saved. Ugh, rant over.:( ALL JMO

Ok, I just gotta say: WHO ON EARTH hears a woman downstairs at a house party screaming that someone is going to kill her, and doesn’t GO CHECK ON HER!!!! I don’t care if I was drunk or stoned to a high degree, I’d STILL take something to use as a weapon - even a beer bottle - and GO CHECK IT OUT! I’ve seen people do that even at raging frat parties. We ALWAYS did. Always. It aggravates tf out of me that maybe she could have been saved. Ugh, rant over.:( ALL JMO

ALLLLLL of this ^^^^ !!

Search continues for woman 2 months after disappearance | WOODTV.com
Posted: Aug 26, 2020 / 04:18 PM EDT / Updated: Aug 26, 2020 / 06:34 PM EDT

Snipped
On Wednesday, Michigan State Police Trooper Tim Johnson and his cadaver dog, Fil, searched woods and clearings along railroad tracks not far away in Pennfield Township.

Battle Creek Police Sgt. Joel Case, who is leading the investigation, said a credible tip led police to the site.

They came up empty-handed.
#:(

$8 receipt ‘sealed the deal’ in Battle Creek murder case | WOODTV.com

The evidence, police say, suggests she was the victim of a brutal homicide at the hands of her boyfriend Derek Horton, even though they still haven’t found her body.

evidence includes:
•blood in a house and in a car
•a 911 call
•a passerby who saw a man standing over a woman in the dark
•bloody women’s pants
•an $8 receipt

$8 receipt ‘sealed the deal’ in Battle Creek murder case | WOODTV.com

“(Horton’s) original story was that (Griffin) was outside listening to music in the vehicle and she just up and walked away,” Case said. “Left her ID, her wallet, her phone, her insulin; she’s insulin dependent.

Investigators’ suspicions grew when they found blood on the outside of the passenger’s side door of their car.

(Horton) admitted that some of the blood in the vehicle was hers, but he’s trying to say it was from her cutting her finger on a Patron bottle.

Police later found blood in the car’s trunk.

Investigators’ suspicions grew even more when they discovered a 911 call had been made from Griffin’s phone at 2:02 a.m. on Tuesday, June 23, just hours after that last text she had sent to her.

911 call came from a house party.

There was blood on all three levels of the house, the basement, the main level and the upstairs portion of that house. Police also found blood and hair on a basement window — the glass broken outward as if someone had tried to escape.

The assault continued outside. A witness stated as he drove by he saw a “man standing over a woman on the side of the road that we believe was likely him in the middle of assaulting her,” Case said.

In the woods next to the home, about 20 yards in, police found a pair of bloody women’s pants, Case said.

Then came the discovery that police said clinched the case, an $8 receipt from a hardware store.

Amber Griffin remains missing after months of failed searches around Battle Creek | WWMT

Nov 27
Battle Creek police have still not found a 27-year-old Bedford Township woman who's been missing since late June 2020.

Investigators said they're confident her boyfriend, 25-year-old Derek Horton, killed Amber Griffin. The couple had been dating for five years.

“Why can’t he just tell us where her body is? Like, that’s so wrong. It’s inhuman to put somebody outside like that," Carman Griffin, Amber's mother, said. "But he’s so selfish that he does not want nobody to have Amber.”

Even with all the mounting evidence, and a suspect police feel strongly about, the question of where Amber Griffin is remains.

"Yeah and again that’s the frustrating point to me, because I feel an obligation to the family. We’ve used pretty much every resource you can imagine," Case said.

The theory is she’s buried somewhere, but dozens of searches have yielded nothing. Volunteer groups, search and rescue teams, helicopters, drones and cadaver dogs have all been deployed.

“At this point we don’t where else to look. And it’s very frustrating," Case said.

BATTLE CREEK, MI - A fire killed one Saturday at a Battle Creek house linked to the case of the missing Amber Griffin, police said.

Firefighters responded to reports of a fire before 8 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 3 at a home located on the corner of Oneita Street and Goodale Avenue, said the Battle Creek Fire Department. The fire occurred the night before firefighters first heard the report.

It is the same home where Griffin was involved in a physical altercation with her boyfriend Derrick Horton, according to the Battle Creek Police Department. Horton was charged with killing Griffin back in June.

Fire kills one at Battle Creek house linked to disappearance of Amber Griffin

Fire kills one at Battle Creek house linked to disappearance of Amber Griffin

A fire killed one Saturday at a Battle Creek house linked to the case of the missing Amber Griffin, police said.

Messages were left with the city’s fire and police departments to determine if the fire was suspicious or the people involved had any suspected involvement with the Griffin case.

Griffin’s body has yet to be found, while the 25-year-old Horton is currently lodged at Calhoun County Jail without bond. He will be in court for a preliminary conference on Monday, Jan. 4 at the Calhoun County District Courthouse. His preliminary hearing is slated for Jan. 19.

Mother of missing Bedford Township woman presumed dead desperate for closure

To Note:
•Derek Horton is the main suspect
•While he originally said that Amber walked away from their home the night of June 22, witnesses told police the couple was at a party on Oneita Street early Tue morning (23rd).
•LE found signs of an assault where the party took place.
•Her mother said she went to the house, and saw blood in the basement.
•someone anonymous shared that they heard Amber down there (basement) screaming he was going to kill her
Court records show Horton has a lengthy criminal history, including several assault charges. Amber was the victim of two cases.
•LE said Horton was seen buying a shovel the day after Amber went missing, which he may have used to bury her.
BBM
""He has assault charges and Amber was the victim of 2 of them.""
Breaks my heart.
I always fear for the assault victims that stay.
Just for this reason...eventually, something like this can happen.
Kudos though to LE for getting this monster off the streets and as quickly as they did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back