GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she may have attended SWMI college recently? I forget what I saw that made me think that - going for a teaching degree?

The area they live in is snowcovered. Lots of woods, farmland, a few streams and lakes. There are tons of tracks from snowmobiles. Lots of open land covered with snow. The roads are still snowcovered also. The houses are close enough together that someone would notice an unusual car in the driveway. The house is also close to another road that "T"s close to the driveway. Plenty of opportunity for someone to see something. There is a shop very close to the house that has a "welding" sign out front - not sure where the husband works - thought I read as a welder? There is at least one outbuilding - a shed away from the house. Possibly the garage is not attached either.

IF... the husband worked that close, then it seems more plausible that he could just pop by and check on her.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/search-1386549-buren-underway.html

<snip>
I thought maybe a friend stopped over and she went with them and would be right back, so I went for a ride to see her uptown and I come back and she still wasn't here and I knew if she wasn't back by the time the kids got off the bus something was definitely wrong,&#8221; said James.
<snip>

Is there an area of town known to locals as "uptown"? Could the reporter have quoted his statement incorrectly? I'm wondering who the husband went to see uptown...

Well, what stands out to me here is this: he went home b/c she didn't answer the phone for 30 minutes, which worried him. Yet he was willing to go back to work and let her remain missing for another 4 hours or so, until school got out? It seems to me that if you're so worried that you go home and check, and see her purse, etc, still at home, that your hinky meter would go even higher, kwim?

BonTon
Elder-Beerman Benton Harbor
Benton Harbor
1800 Pipestone Rd.
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
269-925-6500

Hartford , Amy Henslee, LMC Announces 2009-2010 Phi Theta Kappa Inductees

Lake Michigan College

On the fb page there was a post claiming to have read that the police have called off the investigation..........and that they read it at websleuths.

Sheesh.

Posted on the Help Find FB page, about 45 minutes ago. Friend is an African american cartoon woman (CS TC).

On the fb page there was a post claiming to have read that the police have called off the investigation..........and that they read it at websleuths.

Sheesh.

:thud:

I think that what triggered his concern is the fact she has no vehcile while he is at work. And if he knew she had no plans for the day, would think something might be wrong ?

Still, he calls her one time at 10 am, she doesn't answer and so he drives home to check on her? That seems like an overreaction imo. She could have been in the shower or in the yard or talking to a neighbor. Why would he assume something was wrong? If my husband drove back home every time I missed his call he would never get any work done.

Sheesh.

See post #57. Posted here, but reported from FB. :crazy:

Well, what stands out to me here is this: he went home b/c she didn't answer the phone for 30 minutes, which worried him. Yet he was willing to go back to work and let her remain missing for another 4 hours or so, until school got out? It seems to me that if you're so worried that you go home and check, and see her purse, etc, still at home, that your hinky meter would go even higher, kwim?

from what we are hearing and someone posted that there was a place with a welder sign just a few doors down, I don't find it as suspicious as I did at first.

Its one thing to drive 15 minutes across town but if its literally popping 5 minutes down the road because you have a niggling concern then I understand it.

from what we are hearing and someone posted that there was a place with a welder sign just a few doors down, I don't find it as suspicious as I did at first.

Its one thing to drive 15 minutes across town but if its literally popping 5 minutes down the road because you have a niggling concern then I understand it.

Sure - if he's that close, I understand his going home to check. But what he hoped to find was that she was home, maybe in the shower, maybe vacuuming. So he walks in, she's not home, her purse is there, her keys are there (maybe? can't recall), but she's nowhere around. So he did not get the confirmation he went there to get - that she was in fact okay. Instead, it seemed even more strange, IMHO. So he drives to town, looks around, doesn't see her. Her absence becomes even MORE suspicious at this point. So what did he do then? I guess he went back to work...

When did he call her friends? Then, or later, when she was still missing when school let out? See, IF he is guilty in any way (and that's still IF...), then that's the latest he could reasonably let this lie w/o calling LE and not bring suspicion upon himself.

All speculation and MOO.

Sure - if he's that close, I understand his going home to check. But what he hoped to find was that she was home, maybe in the shower, maybe vacuuming. So he walks in, she's not home, her purse is there, her keys are there, but she's nowhere around. So he did not get the confirmation he went there to get - that she was in fact okay. Instead, it seemed even more strange, IMHO. So he drives to town, looks around, doesn't see her. Her absence becomes even MORE suspicious at this point. So what did he do then? I guess he went back to work...

When did he call her friends? Then, or later, when she was still missing when school let out? See, IF he is guilty in any way (and that's still IF...), then that's the latest he could reasonably let this lie w/o calling LE and not bring suspicion upon himself.

All speculation and MOO.

I agree but even worried how many of us would call LE to report a missing spouse until something like missing the kids bus occurs or it is night.

I was impressed how quickly he called LE for an adult. Many wait at least until nightfall.

Hartford , Amy Henslee, LMC Announces 2009-2010 Phi Theta Kappa Inductees

Lake Michigan College

Thanks balaney - and I appreciate your posts giving us a "view" of the area through a local's eyes. :seeya:

IS LE doing a search now? It must be dark there now, or close to it. They are keeping quiet about their lead, that is for sure.

I say I'm going uptown and it's actually only 2 blocks south of me' in a town the size of Hartford, maybe it's a Michigan thing? Smalltown thing? When we lived in the country I'd say I was going into town??

I guessing the lead not any kind a car or truck? I would think they would want that in the media!

I just read this entire thread, and for some reason my hinky meter isn't going off on the husband like I thought it would be.

I'm curious to hear what lead LE is pursuing. I hope it's something that involves Amy returning home safely to her family.

Praying for Amy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member