GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT if their routine was he called her everyday at break, and she was always expecting his call, it was part of their routine AND he knew she had no plans for the day, that explains it alot more for me, that he would worry. Heck, maybe he thought she fell and hit her head or something. ( my neighbor lady laid on her living room floor for a week,just a week ago because no one had been by to check on her, so maybe I'm projecting *paranoid * )

Was there snow or ice on the ground? James may have been worried she had gone out to take care of the dog and fell and was laying outside injured.

Also, he usually left for work at 7:30. The children were there until 7:20. If James was at work at the usual time, he would have only had 10 minutes for mischief. I don't suspect him at this time.

I'm about 100% sure that my husband wouldn't rush home to check on me if I didn't pick up the phone. However I think he would if the kids came home and I wasn't there, then he'd be concerned.
Yet again, I'm out a lot during the day and we don't have scheduled times to talk. So I dunno, it could be very out of character for her.
My hinky meter hasn't gone off, but I usually have to see a person and see their demeanor before I can get a good feel on him. A good example is Terri Horman. I knew when I saw her at the PC that she was guilty.

Do we know if she had a set of house keys and were they at the house or are they missing? Thinking "someone" she knew could have come to the house, saying something "oh, hey I want to show you something " REAL QUICK" and she locks up and leaves with this person thinking she will be right back. IMO

I also do not find it strange that the husband left work to check on her. She had no plans, he calls her all the time (from what i've read) at 10am and since he worked close to where they live, it could have been a 5 minute ckup kind of thing. IMO again

Was there snow or ice on the ground? James may have been worried she had gone out to take care of the dog and fell and was laying outside injured.

Also, he usually left for work at 7:30. The children were there until 7:20. If James was at work at the usual time, he would have only had 10 minutes for mischief. I don't suspect him at this time.

Someone who lived about 30 miles south posted earlier in the thread there was two feet of snow in their area. The news video of the Henslee's home appeared there could be that much around their house as well. Wunderground showed they had some light snow on the 24th up until around noon. There were wind gusts also that day and evening up to 20 mph. IMO those heavy wind gusts can create some pretty good sized drifts.

back door was unlocked

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Vigil-set-for-missing-Van-Buren-Co-mom

From that article.

here is a snip:

However, she left behind her purse and ID. James said he checked the back door, which was unlocked and their dog was chained in the yard as normal. Even with snow on the ground, he didn’t spot any unusual tracks.

also this:

Investigators have a good lead they’re working on, James said, but they won’t go into detail about the specifics. Amy’s husband hopes police bring in search dogs to try and track a trail.

back door was unlocked

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Vigil-set-for-missing-Van-Buren-Co-mom

From that article.

here is a snip:

However, she left behind her purse and ID. James said he checked the back door, which was unlocked and their dog was chained in the yard as normal. Even with snow on the ground, he didn’t spot any unusual tracks.

also this:

Investigators have a good lead they’re working on, James said, but they won’t go into detail about the specifics. Amy’s husband hopes police bring in search dogs to try and track a trail.

So it sounds to me like she was on her way out the back door to go and take care of the dog (hence the jacket and shoes, no purse/ID - and as per her reported morning routine). It seems like she never got that far...maybe someone came around by the back door and lured her out? According to the friend on NG, she was very nice, seemingly trusting (and who wouldn't be in such a small town?), and compassionate.

I'm about 100% sure that my husband wouldn't rush home to check on me if I didn't pick up the phone. However I think he would if the kids came home and I wasn't there, then he'd be concerned.
Yet again, I'm out a lot during the day and we don't have scheduled times to talk. So I dunno, it could be very out of character for her.
My hinky meter hasn't gone off, but I usually have to see a person and see their demeanor before I can get a good feel on him. A good example is Terri Horman. I knew when I saw her at the PC that she was guilty.

I am stay home housewife that live in rural area and I also 100% sure that my DH would not be rushing within 30mins. I could be in the showers for 30 min or in bathroom. Lots of reasons not to pickup phone.

The area they live in is snowcovered. Lots of woods, farmland, a few streams and lakes. There are tons of tracks from snowmobiles. Lots of open land covered with snow. The roads are still snowcovered also. The houses are close enough together that someone would notice an unusual car in the driveway. The house is also close to another road that "T"s close to the driveway. Plenty of opportunity for someone to see something. There is a shop very close to the house that has a "welding" sign out front - not sure where the husband works - thought I read as a welder? There is at least one outbuilding - a shed away from the house. Possibly the garage is not attached either.

The area they live in is snowcovered. Lots of woods, farmland, a few streams and lakes. There are tons of tracks from snowmobiles. Lots of open land covered with snow. The roads are still snowcovered also. The houses are close enough together that someone would notice an unusual car in the driveway. The house is also close to another road that "T"s close to the driveway. Plenty of opportunity for someone to see something. There is a shop very close to the house that has a "welding" sign out front - not sure where the husband works - thought I read as a welder? There is at least one outbuilding - a shed away from the house. Possibly the garage is not attached either.

The couple of videos I watched, I saw someone starting up a snowmobile, so I am guessing that family and friends have driven (mobiled?) around the property...sigh...thus tampering any tracks or footprints. Of course, I live in the land of HOT and never, ever snow, so I could be way off base...

Yes, it is reported he worked nearby as a welder.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/search-1386549-buren-underway.html

<snip>
I thought maybe a friend stopped over and she went with them and would be right back, so I went for a ride to see her uptown and I come back and she still wasn't here and I knew if she wasn't back by the time the kids got off the bus something was definitely wrong,&#8221; said James.
<snip>

Is there an area of town known to locals as "uptown"? Could the reporter have quoted his statement incorrectly? I'm wondering who the husband went to see uptown...

Per FB sounds like Amy worked recently (maybe at The Bon Ton- in Benton- Looks like a Bed Bath & Beyond type store?)

The land is all trampled on - the news crews were there today, people walking over the snow, driving over the snow, etc. I hope LE investigated the land and home before everybody got there.

James did say uptown - I heard him say it on a video.

Where I live - we say going to town. Where the stores, gas station, schools etc. are located. I think that's probably along the same lines as going uptown. And if it's as small a town as it is here - it doesn't take long to drive 3 blocks of the town looking for a car etc.

When I drove by there were at least ten cars - some in the driveway, along with WOODTV. People standing around. People walking. Snowmobiles and other quads with plows making parking spots in the yard.

BUT if their routine was he called her everyday at break, and she was always expecting his call, it was part of their routine AND he knew she had no plans for the day, that explains it alot more for me, that he would worry. Heck, maybe he thought she fell and hit her head or something. ( my neighbor lady laid on her living room floor for a week,just a week ago because no one had been by to check on her, so maybe I'm projecting *paranoid * )

Did their phone have voicemail? ... would think if husband normally calls wife at same time, her missing one call wouldn't be that major ... but if voice message is then left and no call back .. then I understand worry..

Uptown for Hartford means leaving their drive and going either left back to the center of the very small town of Hartford or going down the road that faces them, past a few farms, other houses, etc and then circling back in to Hartford. Very small town. Grocery store, gas station, some quaint shops on main street,mcd's by the highway, nothing big at all.

Here is a zoomed in aerial view of the back of the house. I don't think the garage is attached but looks to have a covered area to walk from the garage to the house.

picture.php

Bon Ton is probably Elder Beerman's at the mall in Benton Harbor?

Per FB sounds like Amy worked recently (maybe at The Bon Ton- in Benton- Looks like a Bed Bath & Beyond type store?)

I may be wrong but isn't Benton like 2 hours away? With only 1 car? Any locals know of a closer "uptown" area that would have those kinds of stores?

Benton Harbor is 20 minutes from their house. E.B. often hires for xmas - maybe she was parttiime. I did not see the facebook post about her working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9