GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's pretend Amy was "with" accused why would she have to go to that nasty trailer ? Why didn't she just do it in her own house? Come on? And I probably would have shot my man first...right where it counts I wouldn't kill him I'd let him miss "it" for the rest of his life because he would've been peeing thru a tube of some kind !

This is aimed more at the woman here tahn the men please forgive me.

If I walked in on my boyfriend having an affair and was going to shoot someone the girl wouldst be my first pick and I sure wouldn't aim for the head. MOO

I would have walked out and that would have been the end of the relationship.

However if I was prone to violence and was going to shoot someone it wouldn't be the woman but I would shoot the man that had cheated on me.

IMO

If my wife walked in on me in bed with one of her friends I know she'd aim for me. After all, I'm the one she's married to, I'm the one breaking my vows, not her friend.

Exactly.

IMO

Ok I.know I am about to hear it from you guys but I just seen the interview with husband something not sitting right with me (smiling and laughing) I tried to think what I would feel like and how composed I would be .....I hope I'm wrong but something is fishy to me

Me, too, Lgs ...I got an uneasy feeling hearing James talk on camera. I want to be fair; I've never been in such a terrible situation. But he seemed to lack emotion of any kind... never saw tears, never heard his voice "crack," never saw a quiver around his mouth... anything. It never seemed that he was suppressing tears. And his flat affect seems "off" while he professes profound love and keeps saying how wonderful Amy was.

BUT... we hear all the time how people show / express grief differently so I try to dismiss the nagging thought... had Amy hurt him deeply at some time during the 12 years? His grief seems conflicted. And... he may just be a shy guy to begin with and is skittish and terribly self-conscious with lights, microphones.

One other thing... he always speaks softly and, ... haltingly, as though he has thought out what he'll say. Sorry to say but this reminds me of Scott Peterson... When Peterson spoke on camera I wanted to shout: "Clear Your Throat, dammit." He always sounded so meek and shy when he answered questions. He was a successful SALESMAN with a resonant voice. And eventually we saw old video of him where he indeed had a strong voice.

Not saying I considered James as the perpetrator... just something "off" about his words not matching his emotion. We've all agreed, and said "There's got to be more to this story... " And, wondered if the truth and nuances of "relationships" will ever come out.

One more thing... we question (me, too) how Amy could've been attracted to that "type" (Beebee)... It seems that she lived a sheltered life and had a small social circle. Often infidelities occur between people who just "are" within that limited group, or occur among people that worked together. I also consider the attraction some women feel for the "rugged, bad-boy" type.

IMO... we just don't know yet. Some really logical aruments here saying it couldn't have happened the way Beebee describes... the awkwardness of wrestling a shotgun in a small space, etc. If he's lying it makes him twice the evil creature. Forensic science may refute evil lies, or support his incredulous story. jmo

also... if two people are ummm.... you know.... than why didn't Bebe get injured as well? I don't buy his story for various reasons

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Beebe-defense-upsets-victim-family

was going to snip part of this but.. well... you just have to read the whole thing... too much to snip...

These are some interesting parts.

James Henslee said he doesn't believe Beebe's story nor does he believe Amy was having an affair.

"How convenient," he said. "He wants to play the self-defense card."

Henslee's loved ones say they don't believe Beebe came to the Henslees' house to pick up Amy alone like his family said he claims he did. They said it doesn't fall in line with what eyewitnesses saw Monday morning, when a neighbor reported seeing the black truck that matches the description of one Beebe owns. The witnesses reported seeing the truck leave the Henslees' house with a man and two women inside.

Beebe's family said police don't believe Beebe's story either.

Thanks, I got confused because there were so many people (owners) involved I didn't know whose property was whose. It seemed like a bunch of family members and I didn't know if they had divided it or what was going on.

Just to clarify Beebe didn't own the property where the crime occurred. It was owned by his uncle who reported Beebe just stayed there occasionally and used the property to work (wood cutting, snow plowing, etc.). I believe someone also said Tonya stayed there with Beebe on occasion. IMO they probably stayed in the larger mobile home and not the camper trailer when they stayed together. HTH

another thing.... if Amy WAS going to have a tryst with a lover.... wouldn't you think she would put on something other than her pajamas?

I am thinking that whatever Bebe said to get her into that truck... she figured she would be back in time to talk with her husband on his break...

MOO

Imo, Beebe is lying through his teeth.

He blames one murder on a murdered woman who has been silenced from telling the truth. Then he claims self defense for murdering the other woman.

What a load of bull chips.

His story makes no logical sense. If Tonya was grappling for the gun she would have to be right up at him to do so and the shotgun has a long barrel so for her to be in the line of site of the barrel when she was shot.. not once... but twice in the head ...she would have to be standing at least 3 feet away from him at the time imo and even that distance would mean he had the shotgun barrel right up at her head when it was fired TWICE! TWICE he had to pull the trigger.

Just like he had to do when he killed Amy.

imo

another thing.... if Amy WAS going to have a tryst with a lover.... wouldn't you think she would put on something other than her pajamas?

I am thinking that whatever Bebe said to get her into that truck... she figured she would be back in time to talk with her husband on his break...

MOO

Have we ever heard it reported that the victim, Amy, was clad in pajamas? I think it was assumed she left in pajamas and a coat (by James?). I can get out of pjs and into "clothes" in a few seconds. Why would anyone go out in pjs unless an extreme urgency/emergency? Curious...

MOO

Oh dear, I missed that. Did they confirm she had on her PJs? I think that's kind of weird to leave the house with the cousin even for a short while in your PJs. Whatever it was must have been urgent or he was using unseen force.

On another note, I find it hard to believe that Tonya wasn't in the truck. We hear about two women in the truck and then we hear about two women murdered, it just seems too much of a coincidence to me.

As far as the husbands non-emotions... I have witnessed first hand a 100% innocent person act very similar to James. Unfortunately, we had a murder-suicide in our family several years ago, my cousin (the adult son of the couple) was very calm and reserved through it all - no tears at all. It wasn't until the funeral that he couldn't hold back anymore and finally showed what had been bottled up the days before. There was very little news coverage of this but I imagine he would have portrayed himself very similar to how James is now and would have raised eyebrows. I know we always say people handle things differently but you still question if someone could truly handle a tragedy of this magnitude so calmly and I'm just saying, I have seen it and it can happen. Since there is not a shred of evidence (unless I've missed something) that says James is anything more than a victim in this I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Have we ever heard it reported that the victim, Amy, was clad in pajamas? I think it was assumed she left in pajamas and a coat (by James?). I can get out of pjs and into "clothes" in a few seconds. Why would anyone go out in pjs unless an extreme urgency/emergency? Curious...

The only thing news reports indicated she was wearing were the things James could identify as missing from the house. IMO he would not have know if one pair of pajamas or a pair of jeans were missing from her closet. He could, however, positively say her coat and shoes were missing. I don't think we can definitely say whether she was still in pajamas or had changed into other clothing.

"Police say she was last wearing a black nylon coat with brown fur around the hood. She had on black Puma tennis shoes with pink stripes."

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/missing_woman_from_hartford_to.html

MOO

It just makes no sense, nurse.

This was a small rural area where everyone knows everyone and keeps up with everyone's business whether it is their business or not.

So Beebe just wants us to believe that Amy just leaves for this tryst in broad daylight knowing all the while she had nosy neighbors who could see them leave together and did. I don't believe for one second she left with him by herself. I do believe she would go if Tonya was in the truck though.

Nope not buying what he is trying to sell with his ridiculous self defense malarkey.

IMO

ITA with what you guys are all saying!!!

as for the pajamas... I read it somewhere.... exactly where is the problem I am having trouble recalling LOL...

As far as the husbands non-emotions... I have witnessed first hand a 100% innocent person act very similar to James. Unfortunately, we had a murder-suicide in our family several years ago, my cousin (the adult son of the couple) was very calm and reserved through it all - no tears at all. It wasn't until the funeral that he couldn't hold back anymore and finally showed what had been bottled up the days before. There was very little news coverage of this but I imagine he would have portrayed himself very similar to how James is now and would have raised eyebrows. I know we always say people handle things differently but you still question if someone could truly handle a tragedy of this magnitude so calmly and I'm just saying, I have seen it and it can happen. Since there is not a shred of evidence (unless I've missed something) that says James is anything more than a victim in this I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

From day one LE has said quite clearly that James is not a suspect in the murder of his wife.

ITA! There is not one shred of evidence showing he had anything to do with this and police don't believe Beebe' story and imo the evidence is not going to line up with his tale either. Not once has LE said they don't believe James.

He has two little boys that he must stay strong for..........he has to get through making the funeral arrangements and attending the funeral of his murdered wife and I have no doubt he is trying to be strong for Amy's family as well.

The notion that Beebe has already confessed to killing Tonya and somehow conveniently James comes over at the very same time and kills Amy is so far fetched that even my imagination cant reach that far. IMO, James was at work when both of these women were taken and brutally murdered by the same psychopath that is now claiming self defense. :innocent:

IMO

It just makes no sense, nurse.

This was a small rural area where everyone knows everyone and keeps up with everyone's business whether it is their business or not.So Beebe just wants us to believe that Amy just leaves for this tryst in broad daylight knowing all the while she had nosy neighbors who could see them leave together and did. I don't believe for one second she left with him by herself. I do believe she would go if Tonya was in the truck though.

Nope not buying what he is trying to sell with his ridiculous self defense malarkey.

IMO

I know this serious! but the bolded part make me giggle:floorlaugh: I live in small town and that statement is so true! In fact I know more than I need to know about people!

I read that Beebee continually yawned once he was apprehended and had led LE to the buried victims... we've even seen him doing this on video.

If he and Amy were in a relationship why is there NO GRIEF on his part? He'd have us believe he loved Tonya in his "way," -- AND he was enthralled with Amy. Both women have been shot; they are dead and he's YAWNING...

Someone said it might be cause he was sleep-deprived. Yeah, sure. But if I'd just committed a double murder and was in custody, Adrenaline would have seized me and yawning probably wouldn't have happened. Ever see someone in a panic attack.... not likely they yawn.

He had visitors in jail/family. Are these visits monitored? Taped conversations? Could they have told him that there are rumors that he had an affair with Amy? Maybe he seized on that idea while he sat in the cell...
imo

Add to this the next day he was posting pix on fb... so bizarre!

I know this serious! but the bolded part make me giggle:floorlaugh: I live in small town and that statement is so true! In fact I know more than I need to know about people!

ITA. I grew up in a small town and moved to Dallas after college. I think I went through gossip withdrawals for a while after moving here! It's completely different!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member