GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably tried to take her, she got away then texted how she almost got kidnapped. Then He comes back for her again and he is pissed. She fights him, the dog was probably barking so he just kills her and takes off.

I think Penny must have run away because he probably would have enjoyed killing her. JMO

I wonder if April witnessed a murder if a drug deal gone bad and was killed. Could be why they are now seem like they are searching and digging for a body with the dogs and coroner on the scene.

Yes, let us not forget the dogs and coroner on the scene. No hints about that yet.

Yes, let us not forget the dogs and coroner on the scene. No hints about that yet.

Correct, I don't know any other reason to search with dogs, shovels, and hand to hand grid searching with a corner standing by. Only reason I can think of would be a second victim. And if the second victim was a drug head, I highly doubt anybody even knows he is missing to report it.

IMO.. This house they are searching has to be the killer. There is no way the courts would grant a 2nd warrant and let this family's name and house get destroyed unless they were 99% sure. Plus you don't sit in jail for pot these days. You get a ticket, if you don't have a medical license. If this was my house and my name they smeared all over the news I would be filing a pretty large law suit if the police did that to my family and my house 2 times with no strong evidence. This has to be the guy!!! I hope and pray they find the evidence they need to solve this case and give that poor family some form of colusure

With the one posters comments about the rest of how she was killed being heartbreaking I wonder if the sick used her dogs collar to finish strangling her... just sick... I wonder why she was killed...no body let alone a 14 year old girl deseves something this awful!

Yup, this is the first thing that came to my mind. The dog leash :( So sad!

I did ask why it looked like LE was looking for a body the day of the second search. I was told it was to search for items belonging to Amanda and the suspect. I believe the shoes were one of the primary things along with some belongings from her. In regards to another body, I was told highly highly unlikely, but followed by a half joking "never say never" in criminal cases.

As far as the specific way she was asphyxiated and item used, I'm not going to confirm ordeny it, but will say to "connect the dots" with the facts you know. It'll be released in due time. The trauma to the head has been pretty much divulged, again, through what has been released.

On a brighter note...if there is one in a situation like this...the town, community and area have really rallied around this case. The pink ribbons that you see on TV and have read about in her memory are EVERYWHERE out there. Seemingly Evey house and business for some miles in all directions radiating out from Armada.

Correct, I don't know any other reason to search with dogs, shovels, and hand to hand grid searching with a corner standing by. Only reason I can think of would be a second victim. And if the second victim was a drug head, I highly doubt anybody even knows he is missing to report it.

A witness to April's murder?

From WXYZ (Channel 7) Detroit:

The Investigators learned among other things, VanCallis Jr.'s 14 year old son is a student at Armada Area Schools, and was classmates with April Millsap at Armada Middle School this past year.

Sources within the school say the two were friends. The child is said to now be estranged from his father.

Not to detract from April's case...but there is another missing girl in Michigan. Carole Shaeffer 13 years old missing from Southgate, MI.
http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/way...-missing-13-year-old-girl-carole-joy-shaeffer
Her Mom is on FB and is desperate to find her. Her moms name is Heather Shaeffer-Prange. Her page is open so you can see the flyers and comments. I don't know how to start a new thread...can anyone assist?

Not to detract from April's case...but there is another missing girl in Michigan. Carole Shaeffer 13 years old missing from Southgate, MI.
http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/way...-missing-13-year-old-girl-carole-joy-shaeffer
Her Mom is on FB and is desperate to find her. Her moms name is Heather Shaeffer-Prange. Her page is open so you can see the flyers and comments. I don't know how to start a new thread...can anyone assist?

She has been found. All ok and well. Probably ran away.

The other key clue involves a fingerprint -- one discovered on April's cellphone. The phone was found not far from her body along the trail. It is still to be tested, but the Local 4 Defenders are told the fingerprint is not a match for April or her family -- who had their hands on her phone the day she was murdered?
<<snipped>>

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...f-april-millsap-murder-investigation/27645650

Another poster suggested April's cell phone message may have been in response to someone trying to lure her into a vehicle and she thought she'd successfully avoided being kidnapped. I'm thinking the POI accosted April about something -- maybe tried to lure her to go with him by enticing her with drugs. If so, after she refused and he walked away, maybe he noticed April on her cell phone (as she was texting AA) and thought she was calling LE. So, he may have grabbed April's cell phone from her in anger, threw it down and started attacking her.

I wonder if one way LE identified JDV as a POI was by finding bite and scratch marks on him when he was booked into jail on the drug charges. I'm sure Penny would've tried fighting him off of April. Was Penny's leash still attached to her collar when she ran to alert the joggers? Was the leash used to strangle her?

If the fingerprint isn't a verified match to JDV, maybe there was a second perp, i.e., the RSO that people say looks so much like the sketch. I wonder if there's anything connecting JDV and the RSO. I'm so glad there's activity on this case and I hope there is full justice soon for poor April!

<<snipped>>

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...f-april-millsap-murder-investigation/27645650

Another poster suggested April's cell phone message may have been in response to someone trying to lure her into a vehicle and she thought she'd successfully avoided being kidnapped. I'm thinking the POI accosted April about something -- maybe tried to lure her to go with him by enticing her with drugs. If so, after she refused and he walked away, maybe he noticed April on her cell phone (as she was texting AA) and thought she was calling LE. So, he may have grabbed April's cell phone from her in anger, threw it down and started attacking her.

I wonder if one way LE identified JDV as a POI was by finding bite and scratch marks on him when he was booked into jail on the drug charges. I'm sure Penny would've tried fighting him off of April. Was Penny's leash still attached to her collar when she ran to alert the joggers? Was the leash used to strangle her?

If the fingerprint isn't a verified match to JDV, maybe there was a second perp, i.e., the RSO that people say looks so much like the sketch. I wonder if there's anything connecting JDV and the RSO. I'm so glad there's activity on this case and I hope there is full justice soon for poor April!

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Meanwhile--April Millsap's mother tells Action News, she has been kept in the dark about what has been found and just how close police are to really solving her daughter's murder.

Finally, we learned late Thursday, prosecutors have been meeting about the case---the command center in Armada has been virtually shuttered--and police are at the point where they have nothing more to say---until an announcement is made.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/exclusive-vancallis-ties-to-armada-run-deep

<<snipped>>

I'm so glad there's activity on this case and I hope there is full justice soon for poor April!

The leash has never been mentioned that I know of. I think the joggers who found April would have thought it strange if the dog had a leash on it the first time they passed by.

I totally agree with your sentiment about full justice soon for poor April.

The leash has never been mentioned that I know of. I think the joggers who found April would have thought it strange if the dog had a leash on it the first time they passed by.

I totally agree with your sentiment about full justice soon for poor April.

There are likely many details about the case that have not been released to the media. LE never shows their full hand until the case is presented to the Prosecutor. I'm confident that the task force is compiling evidence, dotting Is, crossing Ts, and making certain that they have an airtight case to present to the Prosecutor within the next few days. There will be Justice for April!

WDIV reporting that April may have been the victim of sexual assault, or, at the very least, an attempted sexual assault. Tests being done now for confirmation. Check the WDIV website for details later this evening. www.clickondetroit.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay