GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jameson Cook ‏@JamesonCook 40m40 minutes ago
Foot print expert next up in VanCallis trial. Expert to compare marks on April's body to sneakers' bottoms

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 18m18 minutes ago
#VanCallisTrial - Forensic expert testifying about footprints on April Millsap's head/face.

Erika Erickson ‏@FOX2Erika 6m6 minutes ago
MSP lab tech analyzes tread marks left on #Aprilsap's body, as JamesVancallis trial continues. MORE @FOX2News 5&6pm

Chris Hall ‏@challreporter 1m1 minute ago
Another expert has taken the stand but I've stepped out of court. I'll keep an ear out for anything major on VanCallis case.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 13s14 seconds ago
#VanCallisTrial adjourned for the day. Back at 11am est. State expected to wrap up their case tomorrow.

Thanks for the tweets Chelly - I am watching today's video on Youtube.

One of the things I am always the most fascinated about in cases like this is how the family members of the murderer feel about the situation. I find myself wondering if at this point, JVC's brother thinks his brother committed this murder or thinks he is being wrongfully accused. The brother doesn't reveal much in terms of his overall affect/demeanor on the stand, IMO. I sense that on some level he is protective of his brother, but in other ways not. Its interesting to watch him on the stand.

ok, I've finished the brother's testimony. I do believe he is conflicted about his brother. And it seems they had a decent relationship prior to this incident, so it would make sense that he would feel very conflicted about his brother being accused of such a horrific crime.

The brother also testified to smoking weed multiple times per day during the time around the murder, so it would make sense that his memory is very, very fuzzy about that day, and even more so now that it is 1.5 years since the event. I think that might be another reason why he seemed to not be very good at giving clear answers.

I'm getting hung up. I don't want to get hung up because I think LE has the right guy but...

IF JVC murdered AM between 6:30pm and 6:45pm then went to his brother's home by 7:00pm (or a little after)...

How is it that JVC was able to hang out with 3-4 people for 1-2 hours without anyone noticing anything?

I can see JVC leaving his helmet on the bike (therefore no one would notice any blood). What about his shoes, though? I'd think there would have been visible blood on them. Could he have wiped them off a bit (enough) so it wasn't noticeable?

Now for his demeanor...One would think he'd be a bit jittery just 30 minutes after such a violent assault, murder. Marijuana calms a person. I can see JVC smoking and chilling out BUT initially he must have been off the rails. No one noticed? His brother said JVC didn't do anything out of the ordinary. If JVC has OCD, there is no way he wasn't needing to clean up right then and there, IMO.

Does anyone know if the friends who were there that night are going to testify?

Oh, I just realized something. While I watched most of DVC's testimony, I missed whether or not he was asked if he noticed which shoes JVC was wearing when he came over that night. Anyone? I'd guess he doesn't remember (marijuana fog and whatnot).

I am so incensed by all of this. This case is one of those HORRIBLE random crimes that scare the bejeesus out of me. You know, most crimes on WS are perpetrated by someone known to the victim. It just makes me so sad for April and her family and all of her friends.

ETA: I see from the article above that DVC doesn't recall the exact shoes his brother wore that night but that usually JVC wore his KSwiss to ride his motorcycle.

Erika Erickson ‏@FOX2Erika 45m45 minutes ago
Prosecution has one more witness, then the defense will begin. #JamesVancallis trial to resume shortly. @FOX2News

Erika Erickson ‏@FOX2Erika 47m47 minutes ago
Prosecution has one more witness, then the defense will begin. #JamesVancallis trial to resume shortly. @FOX2News

Anu Prakash ‏@WXYZPrakash 40m40 minutes ago
Prosecution's final witness: Rebecca MacArthur from Michigan State Police. #VanCallisTrial

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 39m39 minutes ago
#VanCallisTrial - Closing arguments are expected Friday.

<yay>

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter 32m32 minutes ago
#VanCallisTrial - MacArthur checked video surveillance & testifies there was no motorcycle before or after 6:10 heading to (brother's house)

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter 31m31 minutes ago
#VanCallisTrial - MacArthur: 3 phones calls made by April's phone right before death could not be tracked.

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter 30m30 minutes ago
#VanCallisTrial - The number dialed 3 times from April's phone was 810-882-2469.

Chris Hall &#8207;@challreporter 29m29 minutes ago
MacArthur: no idea who was holding April's cell when 3 calls made from it to 810 number b4 murder. Phone co.: its our phone, no one using it

Erika Erickson &#8207;@FOX2Erika 29m29 minutes ago
MSP Sgt is bringing the people's case together with phone records, maps, timeline. Defense next. @FOX2New #Vancallis

Anu Prakash &#8207;@WXYZPrakash 28m28 minutes ago
3 calls to an 810 number were made from April's phone prior to murder. Unknown who that number belonged to.

Chris Hall &#8207;@challreporter 28m28 minutes ago
Leash April used to walk Penny, the dog, never found, per MacArthur.

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter 28m28 minutes ago
#VanCallisTrial - Penny's leash has never been found. The red leash testified about earlier was not April/Penny's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back