GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Keeping with the theme of "can't be bothered", the Defence is trying to describe timing differences at the gas station and April's location, with NO visuals! He is literally pointing at a black screen. He is zipping past each point and in my opinion, it's all very "beige".

Closing arguments over. Judge Mary giving jury instructions.

Sorry, this is redundant. I see Chelly has updated us! Thanks Chelly!

That's it. Jurors are now being advised and will be off to deliberate!

Watch live: Jury to begin deliberations in James VanCallis trial

VanCallis charged with killing Armada teen April Millsap

By Halston Herrera - Web Editor

Posted: 8:35 AM, February 05, 2016

MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. - A judge is instructing the jury that will begin deliberating Friday afternoon in the trial for the man who is charged with killing Armada teen April Millsap.

Closing arguments went for more than two hours before the jury instructions...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/james-vancallis-trial

Closing arguments begin in Millsap murder trial

Oralandar Brand-Williams 9:26 a.m. EST February 5, 2016

Closing arguments began Friday in the murder trial of James VanCallis, the St. Clair County man charged in the murder of 14-year-old April Millsap nearly two years ago.

The jury is expected to begin deliberations Friday and have been told by Macomb County Circuit Court Judge Mary Chrzanowski , who is presiding over the trial, that they can deliberate up until 9 p.m. if they needed...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/macomb-county/2016/02/05/millsap-murder-trial/79866820/

UPDATE: Closing arguments conclude at VanCallis murder trial

Posted: 02/05/16, 10:55 AM EST | Updated: 11 secs ago

Macomb County Assistant Prosecutor Bill Cataldo has finished his closing arguments in the April Millsap murder case.

Defense attorney Azhar Sheikh has concluded his closing arguments.

James VanCallis is facing murder charges in Millsap’s death.

Here are some of Cataldo’s remarks in the closing arguments...

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...-arguments-conclude-at-vancallis-murder-trial

As I watched the prosecution closing arguments, I thought that JVC must be feeling like one of the most stupid people ever. Stupid in the sense that he took her phone with him and then threw it away right by his own house, never giving any thought to what should be a well-known concept by this point to most people- that smart phones often provide signals to track them.

Had he just smashed the phone at the scene, it probably would have been harder for them to prove this case. They probably could still have done so, IMO, but that graphic of the cell phone's movements really was pretty damning. I mean it not only showed the location of the phone, but the speed it traveled at!

I thought it was interesting that the pros pointed out that JVC had a video of a young girl with dark hair on his phone. Maybe he had never seen April before that day, but its clear he was fixated on young teens prior to the day he did that.

Given where he attacked her on the trail, I do wonder if he had noticed her before that day though. They said she often walked the dog. I feel like he must have seen her before in that area, and maybe had observed her route more than once. He got obsessed with her. He knew where to go on the trail where she would be most isolated.

By looking at him in court today, his demeanor, to me, conveyed that he is pissed that he f*cked up that day. His obsession for sex with a young teen got the best of him and he f*cked it all up by beating her to death and taking her phone with him. All he wanted was a young girl who liked older guys. And now he is looking at life in prison. That is the impression I got by looking at him today while he listened to the prosecution closing.

I don't know how I missed it, but during closing-the prosecution was talking about a moment when James became irate. I believe it was something to do with putting the helmet on. Did he shout or freak out? Can anyone point me to the video which contains that?

Thanks!

[video=youtube;PBLSXg9CkaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBLSXg9CkaY[/video]

About 34:00 in is when he suddenly became very frustrated with what was happening.

Jury asks for review of exhibits in James VanCallis trial; deliberations continue Monday

VanCallis charged with killing Armada teen April Millsap

By Halston Herrera - Web Editor

Posted: 8:35 AM, February 05, 2016

Updated: 5:06 PM, February 05, 2016

MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. - After hours of deliberation Friday afternoon in the trial for the man who is charged with killing Armada teen April Millsap, the jury asked for a review of key exhibits.

Closing arguments went for more than two hours before the jury was given instructions and a lunch break.

The jury asked specifically to see the surveillance video from the gas station, the helmet, the dirt bike and the cell phone animation.

The review will begin Monday morning and jury deliberations will continue...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/james-vancallis-trial

Hi all,

Apologies! I found it in the same video. JVC surely did an OJ thing with the helmet at the trial. This selfie shows the mustache and the camera isn't even above him really.

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 10.44.13 pm.jpg

Does anyone have the picture, I think it was from JVC cellphone with helmet on, but face visor up? Thanks!

Hi all,

Apologies! I found it in the same video. JVC surely did an OJ thing with the helmet at the trial. This selfie shows the mustache and the camera isn't even above him really.

View attachment 88623

Does anyone have the picture, I think it was from JVC cellphone with helmet on, but face visor up? Thanks!

The witness claimed the visor was down. Which I think would make it very hard to see anything. Also he was snapping by on a bycycle at about 17mph. The picture of the old 1980s Honda CB 100/125 street cycle that he found on the net did not like anything like the enderal cycle that JV was riding. He proved to me that he didn't see much if anything.

Although I do believe he saw someone on a motorcycle, I would think his memory would have to be photographic to make any type of identification. But like I said the motorcycle he pick off the internet proved that he does not have a photographic memory.

I do wonder, does anyone think he looks like the sketch of the man the woman saw in the brush?

image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm on pins and needles. What is this jury going to do?

Justice for April!

Hi all,

attachment.php

What I sort of wished the pros would have mentioned when questioning the engineer that said he observed the motorcyclist had facial hair is....in both the picture and also when defendant wore helmet in court, both instances the head inside the helmet wasnt moving. The head was stationary. Maybe while the engineer biked by the defendant was moving his head up and down or side to side or in some way displaying facial hair. Of course the defense lawyer guided his client to raise the helmet on his face in court to hide mustache but the Facebook pic substantiates the fact that helmet can and does in fact reveal mustache. I have faith that our judicial system will pick a fair verdict

With the visor up the facial hair can be seen. With it down maybe not. I really don't think it matters . The fact he saw a man on a motorcycle is all that was needed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back