GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The zig zagging movements was when he was chasing the dog.

I expected JVC's attorney to use the SODDI defense but, by his own admission, he relied on what he deemed a lack of evidence, including no DNA from the perp found on the victim. Shiekh must have thought the jury was ignorant and wouldn't convict his client without DNA evidence as proof that he committed the crime. JVC got what he deserves and will spend the rest of his life in prison. :moo:

I must admit, I was worried. I think teh defense relied on the fact that many people have a false idea from TV and movies that there will always be DNA, fingerprints, fibers, etc.

I think he counted on selling to the jury that since the case did not have that - it meant his client was innocent.

I am thrilled this jury was too savvy to fall for that baloney.

Actually, no one really knows. But the zig zag was one of the prosecution's theories. One that makes a lot of sense. But still, it could only ever be a theory in this case.

The zig zagging movements was when he was chasing the dog.

Actually, no one really knows. But the zig zag was one of the prosecution's theories. One that makes a lot of sense. But still, it could only ever be a theory in this case.

The only thing I've realized from watching this case is that people need to stop minding their own business, and need to get involved when they see something out of the ordinary. This young lady should still be alive today.

No excuses!

I get your frustration, Ibiz, but I disagree. The thing I learned from this case is that f'd up $h1t can happen totally randomly at any moment. Only JVC is to blame for April's death. Any of those poor people who were witness to something that day will forever be affected by her death. It's so awful, IMO.

Heads up: sentencing tomorrow!

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...ncing-millsap-murder-investigation-epic-event

The successful outcome of the April Millsap murder investigation can be traced to the initial hours when dozens of officers from several law enforcement agencies converged on Armada quickly and worked together.

“It was an epic event. I’ve never seen anything like it,” said Detective Sgt. James Sharp, who has served 11 years in the village of Armada Police Department after 30 years in the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office. “You had cooperation from Day One”...

County Prosecutor Eric Smith (no relation to Howard Smith), whose office prosecuted the case, praised law enforcement agencies for their cooperative efforts. “This case is a blueprint for how multi-jurisdictional investigations should go,” Smith said.

April Millsap murder: Man to be sentenced Wednesday

Jury found James VanCallis guilty of murder, kidnapping, sexual assault

By Dave Bartkowiak Jr. - Digital Editor

Posted: 6:00 PM, March 29, 2016

Updated: 6:06 PM, March 29, 2016

MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. - A man convicted of murder in the death of a 14-year-old Village of Armada girl will learn his sentence on Wednesday.

In February, a jury found James VanCallis guilty on all counts including murder, kidnapping and criminal sexual assault in the death of April Millsap. The jury was faced with circumstantial evidence while the defense routinely pointed to a lack of physical evidence such as DNA connecting VanCallis to Millsap. However, after the trial jury foreman Doug Scott said there was enough "damning evidence" to convict VanCallis, despite the case being largely circumstantial...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/man-to-be-sentenced-wednesday-for-murder-of-april-millsap

Time of sentencing with direct link to live stream was added after I posted. Channel 4 headlines just before 9:00AM during the TODAY show confirm 10:00AM (Eastern) sentencing of James Van Callis for the murder of April Millsap.

VanCallis faces life in prison in death of Armada teen

Nicquel Terry The Detroit News 9:15 a.m. EDT March 30, 2016

Mount Clemens — James VanCallis, convicted last month of murdering 14-year-old April Millsap on a hiking trail near Armada, will be sentenced Wednesday in Macomb County Circuit Court.

VanCallis is facing a life sentence without the possibility of parole...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...faces-life-prison-death-armada-teen/82417692/

It's going down now! Ugh, listening to him try to plea for a new trial is sickening. Let's see what sentence our dear judge Mary imposes.

LIFE without parole!

Count 1 1st Degree Murder = Life without the possibility of parole

Count 2 Felony Murder = Life without the possibility of parole

Count 3 Kidnapping = 225 to 480 months

Count 4 Criminal Sexual Conduct = 8 to 120 months

Must register as a RSO and be HIV tested, too.

VanCallis faces life in prison in death of Armada teen Includes video of sentencing

Nicquel Terry, The Detroit News 10:44 a.m. EDT March 30, 2016

Mount Clemens — James VanCallis, convicted last month of murdering 14-year-old April Millsap on a hiking trail near Armada, was sentenced to life in prison on Wednesday.

A jury found the 34-year-old St. Clair County man guilty on all counts of murder, kidnapping and attempted sexual assault...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...faces-life-prison-death-armada-teen/82417692/

April Millsap's mother to convicted killer: 'I hate you and I can never forgive you'

Jury found James VanCallis guilty of murder, kidnapping, sexual assault

By Dave Bartkowiak Jr. - Digital Editor , Halston Herrera - Digital news editor

Posted: 6:00 PM, March 29, 2016
Updated: 10:51 AM, March 30, 2016

MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. - The man convicted of killing 14-year-old April Millsap as she walked her dog on a trail in Armada maintained his innocence Wednesday all the way up to the moment a judge sentenced him to spend the rest of his life in prison.

"There is no evidence that shows I have done anything wrong," James VanCallis told the court. “This is a sad chain of events that I’m somehow wrapped up in.” ...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/man-to-be-sentenced-wednesday-for-murder-of-april-millsap

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back