Recovered/Located MI - Ashley Shade, 35, & baby, 6 days,(fnd dec.) Lansing, Mar 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I need to educate myself on this, but does anyone know how long post partum depression lasts or does it ever go away at all or fully? Because now we have another one missing... a 20 month old. So, I was blessed to not have to go through that, so it is nothing I know anything about.

Depression that begins during pregnancy or up to a month after birth is called postpartum depression. For some, it does go away and for others, it can remain for longer. I believe if it persists after 12 months after the child's birth, it's just relabeled as regular ol' depression.

I need to educate myself on this, but does anyone know how long post partum depression lasts or does it ever go away at all or fully? Because now we have another one missing... a 20 month old. So, I was blessed to not have to go through that, so it is nothing I know anything about.

I am not sure there is a cut off and it can last a while. It is probably dependent on whether the depression subsided at some point and then returned. That is rather simplistic but here is more information.

Postpartum depression - Symptoms and causes

Not to get too personal, but I unfortunately had PPD with my oldest. It was so terrible. I can’t really describe it. I was afraid to be alone. My symptoms lingered for around a year but weren’t very severe or noticeable. I worked with my doctor during my second pregnancy to take prevention measures and prepare. It was so much better the second time!

All of this to say, my first thought was postpartum psychosis. It could be postpartum depression but i doubt it. it’s a fine but very important line between the two.

MOO

Mine started day 4 ended day 5. My granddaughters started day one and lasted till about 6 months. My son and his wife’s religion did not believe in postpartum, they believed it was the devils work. I called her pediatrician, reported it. Never saw them again.

What is wrong with people? BBM

Family of missing Lansing woman whose baby was found dead discusses her mental state, drug issues

[...]

Shade's family said she has seven other children, five of whom were in protective custody because of her mental health and drug issues. Her family said she hid that she was pregnant again. According to police, Shade secretly gave birth at home and didn't seek medical attention for herself or the baby.

Family members who live in Detroit said Shade was spotted holding her dead child in her arms as if she were still alive at different homes in the Lansing area.

[...]

Here's a good article about post partum depression - yes, it can be long term. I feel lucky too, no issues with that but my body still hasn't forgiven me for pushing out an 11 pound baby in natural childbirth. How long does postpartum depression last?

Here's a good article about post partum depression - yes, it can be long term. I feel lucky too, no issues with that but my body still hasn't forgiven me for pushing out an 11 pound baby in natural childbirth. How long does postpartum depression last?

Per her family, Ashley Shade has had ongoing mental health and drug abuse issues. Current circumstances might not be due to post-partum depression. Her family hopes that AS turns herself in and will receive the mental health care that she desperately needs.

Family members who live in Detroit said Shade was spotted holding her dead child in her arms as if she were still alive at different homes in the Lansing area.

[...]

Uh, WTF? I mean, I do realize that many mentally ill people and addicts aren't exactly keen on contacting police, but did no one call 911 saying there's a lady walking around with a dead baby?

What is wrong with people? BBM

Family of missing Lansing woman whose baby was found dead discusses her mental state, drug issues

[...]

Shade's family said she has seven other children, five of whom were in protective custody because of her mental health and drug issues. Her family said she hid that she was pregnant again. According to police, Shade secretly gave birth at home and didn't seek medical attention for herself or the baby.

[...]

That's insane, MOO.

MAR 21, 2019
Police Still Searching For Missing Lansing Woman After Newborn Baby Found Dead

[...]

Officer Robert Merritt said it's too soon to comment on a cause of death for the child, as police await autopsy results that may take several weeks.

Shade was last seen in the area of S. Washington Avenue and Holmes Road in Lansing. She is described as 5'8'' tall and 135 lbs. with curly, sandy blonde hair and a tattoo on the back of her neck.

[...]

"Our biggest concern right now is to locate Ms. Shade," Meritt said. "Nobody else was at the vehicle, and that general area is still in the process of being searched...and following up on some tips and leads that we've got."

On Thursday, police said they still don't have any idea where Shade is.

[...]

Based on the proximity of where the car was found it is possible that Ashley is in the Grand River, possibly at the base of the dam, stuck there by the current.

Google Maps

Thanks for the map. The proximity of where the vehicle was found and the Grand River is certainly conspicuous. AS' family didn't mention her being suicidal, but given her mental health issues and drug abuse, it's possible that AS is no longer alive.

it can go on for a few years from what ive read.

Uncle says Ashley Shade hid pregnancy

DETROIT - The family of a missing Lansing woman whose newborn baby was found dead is pleading for her to turn herself in so she can get help.

Ashley Shade, 35, and her 6-day-old daughter were reported missing Monday. Police found her vehicle in the 100 block of East Kilborn Street. The baby's body was inside, but Shade is still missing...

whoa.

whenever a woman gives birth at home in this type of sitch I believe they were using and the baby would have popped positive. sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back