GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my heart is just breaking....

Mom obviously chose her wants and needs over her son's. My guess is she didn't want to upset boyfriend, so she downplayed what her poor little boy told her. :(

(Why do girls keep hanging onto these selfish creeps? I know there are still nice young men out there that work, have a car, a place to live, that don't need to be "kept". That don't need to be cruel to be cool. )

What in the world is into these people? Why so many murders? Why not get a girlfriend without a child if you can't deal? Why not break up and get a new girlfriend if there are issues or divorce your wife instead of killing her or your children or others?

I don't understand. It can't always be drugs. There is something wrong with society. No one wants to assume any responsibility for or be accountable for ANYTHING. It's all ME, ME, ME!!! How can we steer this in a different direction, or can we?

I'm frightened at what our future holds. Seriously frightened.

RIP Carnel, I'm so sorry no one listened... :(

She left him alone with his abuser....a little 4 yr. old who wanted mom to help him. My grandson is 4.....I have zero sympathy for this woman or her murderous "boyfriend" live-in lover. I'll sign off this thread now. I can't stomach reading any sympathy or excuses for this woman who ignored her childs' cry for help.

i have no sympathy either....just trying to decide if the mother had anything really bad going on...and up until today they have kept her image super clean, then blam we find out that she did know for at least a week prior to her sons disappearance ... so now i am really curious about how long she has really felt, suspected or actually knew something bad was happening.... all i can say is that I feel absolutely different about her today than i did yesterday...

my heart is just breaking....

Mom obviously chose her wants and needs over her son's. My guess is she didn't want to upset boyfriend, so she downplayed what her poor little boy told her. :(

(Why do girls keep hanging onto these selfish creeps? I know there are still nice young men out there that work, have a car, a place to live, that don't need to be "kept". That don't need to be cruel to be cool. )

What in the world is into these people? Why so many murders? Why not get a girlfriend without a child if you can't deal? Why not break up and get a new girlfriend if there are issues or divorce your wife instead of killing her or your children or others?

I don't understand. It can't always be drugs. There is something wrong with society. No one wants to assume any responsibility for or be accountable for ANYTHING. It's all ME, ME, ME!!! How can we steer this in a different direction, or can we?

I'm frightened at what our future holds. Seriously frightened.

RIP Carnel, I'm so sorry no one listened... :(

this topic deserves a forum all to its self! i couldnt agree more with you comments.

I am still surprised at how emotional I get after all of these years and cases. I think that the "BBQ" quote is what got me. WTH happened there that night? Was the sweet angel maybe somewhere else and the person who did this moved him? I just can't imagine that he was there all along. No one thought to look under the huge crawl space under the house???? Someone either moved him or LE and his family failed him.

For tonight, all I am going to say (now that the tears have stopped) is RIP Carnel - fly with the angels sweetie, you touch a lot of lives.

RIP Carnel. This never should have happened. One question...is this in custody yet?

How long did it take the mother to report to the police about finding the child's wet shorts that he had been wearing that day. Here everyone is out looking for him with these clothes on, and they are laying at home. I wonder if BF just gave her an excuse as to why they were wet, but she still told the police he was wearing them. Makes no sense. I do agree with putting the BF in the same prison with Charnell's father, even the same cell. Poor 4 year old didn't stand a chance, with such an evil person lurking around him.

The trailing dogs never left the property ironically. The body was burned and buried. There are a lot of things in play that would have greatly reduced the amount of scent. Keep in mind the dogs were there shortly after he went missing, at that time not much decomp had probably taken place. A million thoughts. The only person to blame at this point is the perp. No one ever wants to think the person they are with would hurt their child. That's why it happens so often. I sometimes wonder if we as a human race are losing the drive to protect our young. It's almost like we can rationalize anything. I am not making excuses, just throwing it out there.

LTC - your post touched me. R.I.P. Little man. You will never again feel fear or pain. How devistating that this continues to happen again and again.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...Bet6Lw?docId=083b4ed9446b450c80060f1a737ca108

Body of missing 4-year-old Mich. boy found
(AP) – 13 minutes ago
[snip]

"Chamberlain, the tribe's former chief, said he had no details about what led investigators back to the house after many days of searching woods, ponds and the tribe's wastewater treatment areas.
[snip]
"There's a lot of anger, just utter despair and disbelief. I don't know how else to define it," said Chamberlain, who is a cousin of Carnel's mother, Jaimee Chamberlain. "After a long week of searching and hoping, we're at a horrific, bitter end."

For tonight, all I am going to say (now that the tears have stopped) is RIP Carnel - fly with the angels sweetie, you touch a lot of lives.

i started reading this thread last night and came back this evening to find this. So, so, so sad.

Thank you for helping search for Carnel, longtallcold.

The trailing dogs never left the property ironically. The body was burned and buried. There are a lot of things in play that would have greatly reduced the amount of scent. Keep in mind the dogs were there shortly after he went missing, at that time not much decomp had probably taken place. A million thoughts. The only person to blame at this point is the perp. No one ever wants to think the person they are with would hurt their child. That's why it happens so often. I sometimes wonder if we as a human race are losing the drive to protect our young. It's almost like we can rationalize anything. I am not making excuses, just throwing it out there.

Curious, do you know this for a fact? I've heard rumors about the burning but don't see anything in MSM. And you say the 'trailing dogs never left the property'.. can you expand on that? (not that I don't believe you!) :seeya:

ETA- I see you were out there on the search, thank you for all you did to try to locate Carnel.

Rest in Peace Carnel, fly with fairies, your life touches many hearts!

@BF burn in hell!

OMG no!
Carnel, when I looked into your eyes I saw a beautiful soul, so wild and free. I hope your loving ancestors were there to greet you and I pray you suffered no pain.

How could such an evil exist? There is a special place for whomever took this boy from the earth, its just more than one human should have to try and understand.

RIP sweet boy!

jmo

BBM
No, no one ever wants to think that, but IMHO, too many are ignoring their sense of intuition, and common sense, and are choosing their own personal wants and needs instead. And rationalize it and make excuses all the way.

I work with a couple of girls like that. It frightens me. They're smart, but make such poor choices when it concerns their children's welfare, leaving them with perfect strangers so they and their "baby daddy" (who of course doesn't work, grrr) can have a night out.
MHOO

RIP sweet Carnel

I hate to say this, but I got the impression that the "burning" smell was due to the heat of the temperature there in Michigan...not sure the body was burned...JMO

Notwithstanding the fact that Websleuths is victim-friendly, this is a very young woman who just today found out that her baby boy is dead. Looking at her FB, I can tell that she loved Carnel very much. I am so sad for her loss.

Hopefully more information will come out later this evening. So far, there is just the one AP article posted upthread.

This case NG is leading with happened a few years ago...:( not even current. Of course she never indicates that...

Ugh. You're right.

"Once authorities set up a perimeter, they pushed TV5 off the property. A neighbor told TV5 that earlier today they could smell a "barbeque-like" smell coming the area the night Carnel was reported missing"

http://www.wnem.com/story/18906888/new-details-learned-in-disapearance-of-carnel-chamberlain

Also from link: A crime lab vehicle and two Michigan State Police cars pulled up to the house and brought in a cadaver dog late Thursday afternoon. The animal was seen moving around the home's front and back porches.

It blows my mind away that they didn't bring a cadaver dog to the house area earlier than this? (MOO and I don't know for sure if they did before, but you'd think they would have had a hit if they did!)

It states that a neighbor could smell a "barbeque-like smell comeing from the area the night that Carnell was reported missing". The temp was not as hot that week as they have been in the past few days and today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay