GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
9&10 news said that Anthony Bennett has been arrested. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Bennet, who was watching Carnel when he went missing, is considered a person of interest in the case. He is currently in police custody, according to a family member and a source close to the investigation.

"He gave me the willies," said C C.

She said the night Carnel went missing, Bennet stood on the porch, above the spot where police found the boy's burned body.

"He was right there like nothing happened. That was hard," said C.

<snip>

Because the incident happened on tribal land, the FBI is handling much of the investigation. Thursday night, they provided few details.

This frustrated some family members who said they felt like they were due some answers.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/central_mich/body-of-missing-carnel-chamberlain-found

In due time! Answers will be forthcoming at trial.
Until then, some things need to wait to ensure this precious child receives justice!

My heart sank to the floor when I came on to see if there had been any updates...

Rest well, sweet Carnel.

Link to the story in your post Cubby?

:steamed: :steamed:

She left him alone with his abuser....a little 4 yr. old who wanted mom to help him. My grandson is 4.....I have zero sympathy for this woman or her murderous "boyfriend" live-in lover. I'll sign off this thread now. I can't stomach reading any sympathy or excuses for this woman who ignored her childs' cry for help.

I recall reading in the thread that Carnel's mother had taken and passed two polygraph tests ... However, the link below is the first I learned that this just took place on Wednesday. Maybe this is the connection to locating his body.

<snipped>
On Wednesday, Carnel's mother admitted to taking two polygraph tests in connection to her son's disappearance. That information came on the heels of Tribal police announcing two days ago that Bennett is a "person of interest." Police said they asked Bennett to take a polygraph test and he turned the request down.

http://www.wnem.com/story/18906888/new-details-learned-in-disapearance-of-carnel-chamberlain

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 1:56 PM CDT Updated: Jun 28, 2012 10:06 PM CDT

:heartbeat: RIP little Carnel.

To all you lawyers out there: Since this crime was committed on the res, is it under Federal Jursdication? Can the Death Penalty be pursued?

Someone is under the bus but I feel there may be more before this is over. IMO!

Not knocking anyone or shedding any negative light on reservation LE but I grew up near a reservation. Of course we partied and did the normal teenager stuff but I remember the reservation kids always saying if they ran from the cops in town and made it to Indian land they were protected. I dated one in high school. He did 15 years in the pen and is now in a nursing home and will likely die soon from all the drugs he put in his body.

Still no excuse for this poor child's life!

I am just at a loss for words right now....Rest in Peace sweet little boy. Carnel, you are safe from the monsters in your life right now. Nobody can hurt you anymore.

Link to the story in your post Cubby?

hang on, let me find it. LOL! I knew I was gonna make mistakes posting due to the nic withdrawal spacies!

brb... will try to find it again.

I think we need to be cautious about making statements about what the neighbor's stated (smelling something like a BBQ that night). It seems one media source quoted the neighbor, but nothing has been verified by LE. Who knows, the source of that smell could have been the campground.

Ok I guess I've found my voice again sorry for the multiple posts:blushing:

But :waitasec: how the heck did no one see ab put Carnel under the porch and bury him in broad daylight?

I'm not sure how to link to TV-5 News, but during the news at 11, they said that the body had been found earlier in the week. They said that they were verifying that the body was actually his.

Ok I guess I've found my voice again sorry for the multiple posts:blushing:

But :waitasec: how the heck did no one see ab put Carnel under the porch and bury him in broad daylight?

If you look at any of the maps - you can see that it is rural, meaning houses are not on top of one another so even tho "next door neighbor" may have been outside, doesn't mean she can see or hear anything.

I sit outside all the time, and probably wouldn't know if my neighbors buried something anywhere

I finally caught up. I can't put into words the range of emotions I'm feeling right now. What a horrific ending. That poor baby. :(

This is what the news reporter said:

"Carnel's remains were found under the porch. Sources close to the investigation say that those remains were actually found earlier this week. They didn't positively identify Carnel until late today. Family members say that may be because the four year olds remains were badly burned."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay