GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah. Dad should have yanked off the microphone, got out of his chair, and rushed for the door to get home to his son. Instead, Dad tries his hand at some really bad acting, doesn't ask if his son is alright, shows more concern with continuing the interview than for his boy who supposedly has been "missing" for 11 days. Bull.

RBBM -- This is what got me, I've been following the story and was completely shocked how Charlie was found. Interview be damned, I'd be running off to see and hold my child.

Something isn't right with his reaction upon learning Charlie was found. Not just sitting there continuing the interview, his whole demeanor seems off. Came off like a good actor trying to play a bad actor. I've seen this in movies... one that comes to mind is Thelma and Louise when Darryl learns the ladies are wanted for some serious crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjQhshPHAcQ

Geez- Balloon Boy's dad was a better actor- and he was TERRIBLE

I was waiting on something more, or for him to say he needed to call home or leave. He left his cell charging? Wow!

I just watched the tape again of NG breaking the news to Dad. This time I watched NG's reaction. I don't think NG is buying it either. IMO.

I just watched the tape again of NG breaking the news to Dad. This time I watched NG's reaction. I don't think NG is buying it either. IMO.

I honestly believe that NG was part of a "sting". She gave Mr. Bothuell plenty of latitude last night. I thought that she was pressing for information but Charlie's dad didn't really answer any of the questions that Nancy posed. I think Nancy helped LE get to the bottom of this case. :moo:

That video was HI Larious. He reminds me of Fred Sanford having the big one.

I honestly believe that NG was part of a "sting". She gave Mr. Bothuell plenty of latitude last night. I thought that she was pressing for information but Charlie's dad didn't really answer any of the questions that Nancy posed. I think Nancy helped LE get to the bottom of this case. :moo:

Thinking back to earlier today per Channel 4 news a search warrant was executed today and another search of the house took place (as we know) Why a search warrant this time? Then there was a report LE was not ruling out Homicide. I wonder if LE suspected something and wanted to shake up Dad. Either Charlie was sneaking in and out of that house during searches or had help hiding. It would be a stretch to think Charlie was slipping in and out and never caught. It's all so whack :scared:

I'm about to :eek:fftobed: Watched the update about Charlie on Channel 4 news at 11:00PM. Apparently, blood was found in "pipes" in the family home during a search, so LE got another warrant to return to the house for another search. This is when they discovered Charlie in the basement. LE officials don't think that Charlie has been in the basement the entire time that he's been "missing". Check for updates at www.clickondetroit.com

I'm happy that Charlie has been found alive, but there is definitely a lot more to come with this story. Pleasant dreams :)

Thinking back to earlier today per Channel 4 news a search warrant was executed today and another search of the house took place (as we know) Why a search warrant this time? Then there was a report LE was not ruling out Homicide. I wonder if LE suspected something and wanted to shake up Dad. Either Charlie was sneaking in and out of that house during searches or had help hiding. It would be a stretch to think Charlie was slipping in and out and never caught. It's all so whack :scared:

Blood was found in pipes in the home.

I'm about to :eek:fftobed: Watched the update about Charlie on Channel 4 news at 11:00PM. Apparently, blood was found in "pipes" in the family home during a search, so LE got another warrant to return to the house for another search. This is when they discovered Charlie in the basement. LE officials don't think that Charlie has been in the basement the entire time that he's been "missing". Check for updates at www.clickondetroit.com

I'm happy that Charlie has been found alive, but there is definitely a lot more to come with this story. Pleasant dreams :)

Thanks for the info. I wonder were Charlie was hiding out prior to being found. Sleep well :seeya:

I came in from yard work. Tv was on NG. I see him doing whatever it was he was doing (not knowing what NG had said) and I thought at first he was having a stroke on the air!!! LOL!!:floorlaugh:

I agree. That felt like a total setup. Even the beginning where she didn't say he was alive. I don't know about you, but if my kid was missing, and then they said after 11 days he was found in the basement, I would think his body was found. This guy was just waiting to decide which would be the best response until she finally said it. No one could keep me in that studio after learning my kid was alive.

But on the flip side, Charlie obviously didn't scream/make noise during the many times police/searchers were in the house... and the police found him "crouching"... so it seems potentially more complicated than "he was forced into the basement totally against his will."

Do we know if Charlie had a learning disability?

Might not make sense, but you wouldn't think the parents would have reported Charlie missing if they were punishing him by confining him in the basement. This is crazy.

so here's what I think ... the parents were in it for the money grab & LE suspected a hoax; LE found blood in a pipe and used that to make the parents think they were going up against homicide charges, forcing their hand to make Charlie reappear

well-played LE, well-played

now instead of homicide charges, let's see some serious mischief, fraud, whatever can be thrown at them charges for the parents

the only question I have is, who was using Charlie's social media and how could they have missed such an important part of the scam?

Do we know if Charlie had a learning disability?
I don't think so. Although many disagree with me, I believe that is his Twitter (posted here somewhere) and he seems extremely intelligent.

Might not make sense, but you wouldn't think the parents would have reported Charlie missing if they were punishing him by confining him in the basement. This is crazy.
The only thing I can think of is a hoax for cash. Maybe they expected because they had a "missing" child, the donations would start flooding in?

Just speculating. This case truly baffles me to no end. I hope the truth comes out.

he had a cell phone in his hand at the end of the video clip -- where did that come from -- thought his was charging in the car

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amps
Back