GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WTH! I haven't been active on this thread but I've been following it.

So are we all thinking the Dad knew he was there? What would the point of this hoax be? This one has been weird from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/06/report_missing_detroit_12-year.html

DETROIT, MI -- Hours after Detroit Police Chief James Craig held a news conference telling reporters 12-year-old Charlie Bothuell V could be the victim of a homicide, investigators located the missing boy behind a barricade in the basement of his father's home, WDIV, Channel 4 News reports.

glad he's ok................now I want to hear the 12yr old's version of what happened

How did search dogs miss him? And, wonder if barricade has been there the entire time he has been missing, why police decided just today to take it down?

Just a guess, but it was reported that cadaver dogs were used to search so they wouldn't necessarily have hit on his scent.

Can't imagine why they didn't use non-cadaver dogs first though.

Then again, nothing adds up in this whole thing.

As far as a motive--Could there be some sort of financial gain for the family of a child who was missing and is eventually found? Donations? Paid TV appearances? Eventual book deal? Maybe there is an imagined monetary gain he hoped to get.

As far as a motive--Could there be some sort of financial gain for the family of a child who was missing and is eventually found? Donations? Paid TV appearances? Eventual book deal? Maybe there is an imagined monetary gain he hoped to get.

How about all of the above ;)

Here's the video from the segment on NANCY GRACE earlier this evening. DH and I both saw it when it aired during the 8:00 show and had the same reaction. Look forward to hearing what others think.

Nancy Grace tells dad missing son found alive

By Katherine Cavazini

updated9:09 PM EDT, Wed June 25, 2014

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/06/25/charlie-bothuell-found-alive-missing-detroit-family-basement

OFGS! :rolleyes:

He's either the worst actor on the planet or I'm seeing things.

The only thing that I can see that makes any sense at all is if Charlie ran away for whatever reason, house was searched, Charlie got scared and came back home but was scared of dad/step mom so hid out. But he was somewhere for all those days in between leaving and being found. Does the basement have a separate entrance that Charlie could have snuck into? I have no idea really, just so glad to hear to he is OK.

Me too!!!!

My husband was watching Nancy Grace tonight....I walk into the room right when Nancy is telling the father his son was found in his basement!!!

Dad looked like he was acting IMO

Did you notice the reaction when NG told dad his son had been found in the basement?
There wasn't a...is he ok? is he alive? is he hurt? That would have been my first question.

My husband was watching Nancy Grace tonight....I walk into the room right when Nancy is telling the father his son was found in his basement!!!

I thought so too. If someone had told me my missing child had just been found alive.....I would have went running out of the studio, jumped in my car and raced home. He didn't even seem to be in a hurry to call. Maybe I am being harsh and he was just overwhelmed with relief, but his reaction sure looked fake to me. (JMHO)

The stepmother refused a poly.

Did you notice the reaction when NG told dad his son had been found in the basement?
There wasn't a...is he ok? is he alive? is he hurt? That would have been my first question.

Yeah. Dad should have yanked off the microphone, got out of his chair, and rushed for the door to get home to his son. Instead, Dad tries his hand at some really bad acting, doesn't ask if his son is alright, shows more concern with continuing the interview than for his boy who supposedly has been "missing" for 11 days. Reeks of horse hash.

Here's the video from the segment on NANCY GRACE earlier this evening. DH and I both saw it when it aired during the 8:00 show and had the same reaction. Look forward to hearing what others think.

Nancy Grace tells dad missing son found alive

By Katherine Cavazini

updated9:09 PM EDT, Wed June 25, 2014

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/06/25/charlie-bothuell-found-alive-missing-detroit-family-basement

Thank's for the link to the NG video! WOW! I've been following along, but haven't posted. I had to log-in to give my :twocents:! Something is so off with the dad. His reaction to Charlie being found alive in the basement was IMO, contrived. The dad's reaction was not natural. This guy is very aware of the media cameras! Just what is going on here? This case is crazy! Was this some kind of publicity stunt that the family was involved in? I bet Charlie wasn't in the basement this whole time! I think the dad put him up to this. Why, who knows, but I think some kind of hoax/publicity stunt.

SMH! I'm glad Charlie's alright, and hope we get the rest of the "story"!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hobo1977
Back