GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe Charlie was supposed to stroll back up the street and all would be ok. But things escalated. I guess I can't imagine (if parents are involved), what the next part of the plan was. This is soooo odd!

maybe nothing nefarious on the part of the parents and Charlie was hiding himself. For what reasons, we will have to wait and see. He has run away before - maybe this is kinda like that.

Glad you're safe, kiddo.

Time to get to the bottom of why Charlie runs away from home (or so it appears). I get the feeling that the dad has high expectations of his son, so maybe the boy is under way too much pressure to excel. :moo:

Maybe Charlie was supposed to stroll back up the street and all would be ok. But things escalated. I guess I can't imagine (if parents are involved), what the next part of the plan was. This is soooo odd!

There's a story here, for sure. I've got some ideas about what is going on but won't speculate for the time being.

maybe nothing nefarious on the part of the parents and Charlie was hiding himself. For what reasons, we will have to wait and see. He has run away before - maybe this is kinda like that.

Glad you're safe, kiddo.

I agree. I am wondering if I missed something? He was found hiding in the basement and the parents are still being attacked with no proof that they did anything to deserve it. Maybe there is more to the story and I just haven't seen it.

Wow, there has rarely been a case where I was more curious to find out what really happened after it was "solved"! This outcome could explain the inconsistent poly results -- that is, he knew what happened to his son and knew he wasn't missing of his own accord, but didn't kill him or harm him or know who did; would be difficult to interpret truthful on no kill or harm or knowledge of who did, but deceitful on knows what happened and claims he probably ran away.

I agree. I am wondering if I missed something? He was found hiding in the basement and the parents are still being attacked with no proof that they did anything to deserve it. Maybe there is more to the story and I just haven't seen it.

Read what the police chief said. He said that it looks almost impossible (the way the barricade was set up), that Charlie did it by himself. Are we supposed to ignore that?

Read what the police chief said. He said that it looks almost impossible (the way the barricade was set up), that Charlie did it by himself. Are we supposed to ignore that?

But on the flip side, Charlie obviously didn't scream/make noise during the many times police/searchers were in the house... and the police found him "crouching"... so it seems potentially more complicated than "he was forced into the basement totally against his will."

No and I didn't say to. I said I haven't seen anything explaining why the parents would hide him or that they even did. When I last looked at this thread, this was turning into a murder investigation and now we find out he is alive and well in the basement.

It's been 9 Days! What was he eating/drinking? Where was he using the restroom? IMO, they KNEW he was there and probably put him there.

If this was a case of discipline gone too far, and they knew where Charlie was the whole time, what purpose would there have been calling police?

Unless the stepmom was the one that placed him there, and then didn't want to tell her husband. And then he calls 911 and now it's too late to tell him where Charlie really is.

IDK, not much of this makes any sense.

I'm just glad Charlies safe and sound! I was so so shocked to see that!

:loveyou::loveyou:

I'm glad that Charlie's parents have not seen their son/stepson yet. LE needs to interview this boy and find out what the he!! was going on before family members get to speak to him. Hinky. Hinky. Hinky.

Wow. I am so glad that he is okay. I wonder what happened. It makes no sense. Could it have been a prank? I believe he has at least one sibling. And his parents and sibling have friends who might have been around the place that night. Perhaps his sibling hid him because Charlie was in trouble and was going to "get it" from his stepmom or dad. Or maybe he had an injury and someone hid him down there to let the injury heal.

This is just crazy. I'm going to reserve judgement until we get some more answers. Just crazy.

This is strange indeed. The reports lead me to question the stepmom more than anyone. The dad's lie detector test came back inconclusive, but he is very adamant it seems in demanding another one whereas the stepmom refuses to even take one. The dad says the stepmom was told to leave the area by FBI and the police chief says (in my words) the dad is talking a bunch of bologna. I can't help but wonder if the dad said that because that's what the stepmom told him the FBI told her.

In any event, I am sooooooo glad he is found and alive!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay
Back