GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Chelsea's family not want the FB page to help locate her be available for public viewing? :waitasec: I don't do FB and can't view the site.

Isn't this the same general area from which Hayley Turner disappeared a few months ago? Of course, she turned up in Ecorse and finally admitted that she had falsely reported the abduction. I hope Chelsea is found safe and soon.

Not too far apart. Probably about 25 miles at most.

From the FB page: There will be a composite sketch of the white male she left the party with on the evening news. If you recognize him please call the police.

Has anyone seen the sketch yet? Nothing on WDIV so far.

ETA: Police have just released the sketch. Chelsea was seen leaving the party with this man at @3:00AM.

see below

Does anyone know where the party was?

Party was at Post and Williams Rds. in Newport, Mi according to our local newspaper (Monroe News)

Somewhere in my searches tonight, I saw a post by J N that this is the sister of her best friend. Jennifer's sister, Julia, has a thread on WS, having been murdered in her apartment near Eastern Univ campus. (found it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/236379076493498/?ref=ts&fref=ts)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 914
I don't think Mike knew her at all, despite the fact that they are FB friends. Mike's in a band. He hosts huge parties. I'll be he doesn't really know many of his FB friends.

Chelsea is the sister of Jennifer's best friend. It's hitting the whole Justice for Julia team really hard. I'm very close with one of Jennifer and Julia's cousins. We've been friends since we were kids.

Reading his post about "hearing a young lady went missing from my party" (and about how he searched outside) I'd think he had no idea who she is.

I men, not using her name. Just "a young lady," etc.

Yet she IS one of his FB friends (though he does have a lot)

And she IS one of the only people who commented on the post the night of the party (had to be his friend to do that) and mentioned having her costume ready, etc.

Anyway, the detached comment struck me, especially since just to read the end of his comment meant it actually put Chelsea's comment in very plain sight.

Mike's been actively posting in more than one place about her disappearance. He went out searching on foot when he first heard she was gone. He's had reporters camped out around his house. I don't think he had anything to do with Chelsea's disappearance and it's very obvious to me that he wants her found just as badly as everyone else does.

Thank you Ashleyd. I am sorry for the Niswender family to have another tragic event so close to their own. I can believe they are as concerned as if it was their own missing, and must bring up painful memories once again. ((((hug ))))

Thank you Ashleyd. I am sorry for the Niswender family to have another tragic event so close to their own. I can believe they are as concerned as if it was their own missing, and must bring up painful memories once again. ((((hug ))))

It's amazing how many cases we have had on WS lately with one family ending up with another tragedy happening to them or people close to them :(

Sure was hoping with all the party goers piecing together timelines and pictures Chelsea would be found today!

This is quite similar to Hannah Graham, IMO, except instead of wandering downtown seemingly incapacitated she was at a party, reportedly incapacitated.

I also was struck by the similarities, not least that her friends left her at the party. NO blame intended here -- they left her because she said she had another ride home. But that does seem to be the main similarity between so many of these disappearances, right? Somehow or other a young woman gets separated from her friends.

I think the true piece of ill luck is that one of her friends accidentally took her phone home with them, so she had no way to communicate. She borrowed a phone at 2AM to call her own, but there was no answer. And then some time in the next hour, people spot her with a bloody nose, reportedly because she ran into a pole. This is a situation rapidly going from bad to worse.

That picture of the POI is everywhere on social media by now -- police have to have several names to check out. Here's hoping that by tomorrow, they have narrowed it down to just one.

I also was struck by the similarities, not least that her friends left her at the party. NO blame intended here -- they left her because she said she had another ride home. But that does seem to be the main similarity between so many of these disappearances, right? Somehow or other a young woman gets separated from her friends.

I think the true piece of ill luck is that one of her friends accidentally took her phone home with them, so she had no way to communicate. She borrowed a phone at 2AM to call her own, but there was no answer. And then some time in the next hour, people spot her with a bloody nose, reportedly because she ran into a pole. This is a situation rapidly going from bad to worse.

I agree! There was a comment from a girl at the party on FB which said (paraphrased), that she saw Chelsea a few minutes after she had bashed her nose, and she was pretty upset, but that this girl told her to have fun and treat it like part of her costume, and then Chelsea seemed better. This girl didn't seem to know Chelsea very well, but what a shallow thing to say to a girl who many suspected broke her nose!

I was struck by how young people, who are already accused of being self centered, seem to become less empathetic while drinking. 500 people at the party, and many saw a girl who was bleeding and "most likely broke her nose" (from FB), and it does not appear that even one of those people cared. The same can be said for Hannah, as she stumbled across town, utterly alone. I don't mean to blame the bystanders, many of whom are likely grief stricken and heartbroken in both cases. But it is interesting to note that the presence of alcohol creates an every man for himself environment.

I looked at the house the party was at on Google maps, the home is situated on its own out in a lot of open fields looks pretty desolate. And I imagine not lighted at night. This case is reminding me of Hannah Graham, I hope there is a better outcome for Chelsea.

Thanks to the locals who are reporting on the case with firsthand knowledge. I had forgotten that Julia Niswender was from the Monroe area. I hope that Chelsea is found soon. Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends.

I haven't found any updates on the search for Chelsea. Nothing new to report?

A friendly reminder on Social Media rules.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Kassandra Bruck said friends and family are planning to search areas outside the police perimeter today, in efforts to find any sign of her sister. She said the party drew people from as far as three states away, and there were up to 800 people in attendance. Chelsea Bruck knew about 15 to 20 people at the event and rode there with a friend because she doesn't have a driver's license, her sister said. "She's just never really wanted one. Never had a car," she said. "She relies on my parents, who are happy to drive her around, to and from work." Chelsea Bruck left her purse and phone in the friend's car. The friend left the party earlier, handing off Chelsea's phone to a friend. But the friend didn't find Chelsea before she left, Kassandra Bruck said.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...issing-woman-monroe-county-michigan/18104555/

<modsnip>

It worries me how it's very out of character for her to go missing & not be in any contact at all. If she was seen walking in the direction of the parked cars with the guy in the sketch, she could have taken a ride with him somewhere. Does no one who was at the party know who he is? I know there was an awful lot of people there from different states but surely someone must know him or at least recognise him.

It's also been said how they don't think she's disappeared voluntarily as they have family weddings coming up which Chelsea was very excited about. I hope I'm wrong & that she is found safe & soon but this doesn't sound good :(

Active searches going on day and night for this gal. I'm going to try to get an ACTIVE SEARCH tag on the thread, may bring us more attention.

Ashley, do you know any of her friends or the people at the party well enough to ask them to come over here? It would be nice to get a description of the party, and Chelsea, if possible, from someone who was there.

Her friend who she rode to the party with left early. Chelsea doesn't drive. She could have asked someone for a lift back home? Maybe the guy she was seen walking in to the direction of the parked cars with? How far was the party from where she lived?

Her bank card & phone has not been used since either.

Authorities search for missing Frenchtown Twp. woman

Associated Press 1:27 p.m. EDT October 29, 2014

Frenchtown Township — Authorities are searching for a 22-year-old woman who was last seen at a weekend Halloween party in southeastern Michigan.

A vigil was held Tuesday night for Chelsea Bruck. The Monroe County sheriff's department says the woman from Maybee went missing early Sunday in Frenchtown Township.

On Tuesday, a search of the area where the party took place was conducted by helicopter and ground teams using all-terrain vehicles...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...search-missing-frenchtown-twp-woman/18116365/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay