GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not recall ever hearing a friend had returned to pick up Chelsea. I have tried unsuccessfully to find anything on when or who reported her missing. The closest I can find is that her family realized she had not come home late Sunday (party was Saturday night into Sunday morning).

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/27056410/monroe-county-authorities-looking-for-missing-woman
Told by friends she was staying at the party and would hitch a ride home.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2014/10/30/missing-monroe-county-woman-day/18170241/
Kassandra Bruck, 24, said the search started Monday after family members realized late Sunday night that no one had heard from her sister, who lives with their parents in Maybee.

Thank you so much for finding these thread and MSM links to help keep things straight and that you're here for Chelsea, Spellz.

<modsnip>

I don't recall anyone coming back to get Chelsea. She had called a friend from the party, but the friend did not answer the phone. Here are a couple timelines from early in the investigation. One I had posted, one from Chelsea's SIL.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ownship-26-Oct-2014-4&p=11743057#post11743057

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ownship-26-Oct-2014-4&p=11743456#post11743456

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ownship-26-Oct-2014-1&p=11248709#post11248709

Bolded by me. I ask about the friend because of this statement. Do we maybe have a link for this? I think this is an important piece of info to sort out- did someone actually come to pick her up (or was scheduled) or not.
I would appear to be remembering something from earlier on this thread. It was something raised from the sheriff's press conference. This appears to have subsequently been taken as a rumour as far as I can see. Post was from the first thread and #482

On the basis that a ride is not booked, I am stuck on whether there was actually another call made after the failed pick up one at 2.15am. Do we know that the 2.15am call was the final one Chelsea made?

I do recall seeing messages on FB (possibly the PXP event page which I can no longer find) which suggested friend was at location saying they couldn't find Chelsea and has anyone seen her.

The 3.15 timing came from

http://www.wxyz.com/news/monroe-cou...s-conference-is-case-of-missing-chelsea-bruck

Is there a confirmed timeline from 2.00am onwards?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I saw that a while back. Is he the one CB was referring to on tumblr in regards to heartbreak?

I don't know if JB is the person that gave her the heartbreak.

What Chelsea writes on her tumblr is confusing to me. In an early post entitled "well, thanks a lot" she addresses the person that broke her heart. I am going to summarize and paraphrase what she wrote, because I think it is against websleuth rules to copy and paste from social media:

----------
well thanks a lot
You are determined to make my life miserable. You say that I am immature (even though I am more than 6 months older), but you are the immature one.

You complain that I don't do my share around the house, but I do at least 1/3, more than either of you realize. It hurts me when you tell my siblings that you love them all the time, but you only say it to me when on the phone as an afterthought.

Even though we weren't together for that long, you did not have the decency to just break up with me. Instead, you just changed your status on Facebook. I hate it that I see you all the time, but I cannot talk to you about the pain I feel.
------------------------------
Several times, Chelsea answers questionnaires on tumblr that are revealing. In one question she talks about the relationship (I presume the same one, because this one also mentioned being dumped on FB).
Again, I will paraphrase:
----
Share a relationship story:
He dumped me by changing his relationship status on Facebook. He ignored me for 3 months, then he wanted to be friends, and eventually we became friends with benefits, then he got another girlfriend when I was away and he lied about losing his virginity to her. While still with her, he wanted to get back with me, but changed his mind again. Then we became friends with benefits again, and now he is ignoring me again.

--------------------------

I get the impression that she has romantic feelings for this person, but he is just trying to take advantage of her. There also seems to be some sort of love triangle here. I think this must have happened somewhere between the age of 18 and 20, so a couple of years before her death.

I don't know who the person is, but he is between 6 months and 1 year younger than Chelsea, and he is also friends with her siblings as well.

Yeah, I saw that a while back. Is he the one CB was referring to on tumblr in regards to heartbreak?
I seems that JB is older than Chelsea so he cannot be the person who broke up to her. Chelsea has 4 FB friends, but none of them seem to fit here.

I would appear to be remembering something from earlier on this thread. It was something raised from the sheriff's press conference. This appears to have subsequently been taken as a rumour as far as I can see. Post was from the first thread and #482

On the basis that a ride is not booked, I am stuck on whether there was actually another call made after the failed pick up one at 2.15am. Do we know that the 2.15am call was the final one Chelsea made?

I do recall seeing messages on FB (possibly the PXP event page which I can no longer find) which suggested friend was at location saying they couldn't find Chelsea and has anyone seen her.

The 3.15 timing came from

http://www.wxyz.com/news/monroe-cou...s-conference-is-case-of-missing-chelsea-bruck

Is there a confirmed timeline from 2.00am onwards?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the post #. I think it was different interpretations of what was said at the press conference and a poor choice of words from the spokesperson. He said Chelsea called a friend who was at the party, who went to pick up Chelsea (his words were, when they arrived at the "scene" .... meaning when they/she arrived at Chelsea's home. WRONG use of that word, which probably caused the confusion). Then they returned to the party with Chelsea.

When they got separated the friend who had picked her up and brought her to the party decided she was leaving. She had received a call from CB and told her if she wanted her things she should come get them. CB instead sent a friend for the times, then she bumped into the pole hurting her nose/forehead. The friend with her phone tried to find her for about an hour, unsuccessfully. She later left with the phone. In the meantime, CB called the first friend she had come with, told her what had happened, and was told the friend would come back to pick her up if she needed a ride later. Apparently CB used several phones from then on (according to press conference, police could not confirm that) --- who did she call or attempt to call? One was known to be a wrong number. CB talked to a former schoolmate at the bonfire @3 am, for about ten minutes, then shortly after was seen leaving the bonfire with the sketch person, nothing seemed unusual about it.

This is is all my interpretation of what was said in the press conference http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/nov/05/deputies-provide-updates-chelsea-bruck-case/

ETA: according to the beginning of the PC, Chelsea's mom filed a missing person report @ 9:30 am on Monday, October 27, 2014. This fits the description posted earlier that her sister said they were getting concerned when she had not been heard from by Sunday evening. Perhaps they assumed she had gone home with a friend after the party and would at least be home later on the day on Sunday.

Squirrel, I cannot find a tumblr for Chelsea. Does she use her name for that?

What Chelsea writes on her tumblr is confusing to me. In an early post entitled "well, thanks a lot" she addresses the person that broke her heart. I am going to summarize and paraphrase what she wrote, because I think it is against websleuth rules to copy and paste from social media:

----------
well thanks a lot
You are determined to make my life miserable. You say that I am immature (even though I am more than 6 months older), but you are the immature one.

You complain that I don't do my share around the house, but I do at least 1/3, more than either of you realize. It hurts me when you tell my siblings that you love them all the time, but you only say it to me when on the phone as an afterthought.

Even though we weren't together for that long, you did not have the decency to just break up with me. Instead, you just changed your status on Facebook. I hate it that I see you all the time, but I cannot talk to you about the pain I feel.
Several times, Chelsea answers questionnaires on tumblr that are revealing. In one question she talks about the relationship (I presume the same one, because this one also mentioned being dumped on FB).
----
He dumped me by changing his relationship status on Facebook. He ignored me for 3 months, then he wanted to be friends, and eventually we became friends with benefits, then he got another girlfriend when I was away and he lied about losing his virginity to her. While still with her, he wanted to get back with me, but changed his mind again. Then we became friends with benefits again, and now he is ignoring me again.

I get the impression that she has romantic feelings for this person, but he is just trying to take advantage of her. There also seems to be some sort of love triangle here. I think this must have happened somewhere between the age of 18 and 20, so a couple of years before her death.

I don't know who the person is, but he is between 6 months and 1 year younger than Chelsea, and he is also friends with her siblings as well.

When I read the part about doing things around the house and siblings, I assumed she was addressing her family. But the being together part threw me off. Didn't she live at home? So that part doesn't make sense to me as being directed at a guy. Also, she says "when I went away" .... Anyone know where she could have gone? I thought she was never in relationships according to her family. Now I know at that age, I didn't share every details of mine but if this person is saying they love her siblings.... They must have been pretty close to this person?
I'm not discrediting your find I just don't see how the pieces fit based on what her family has told us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

----------
well thanks a lot

----

Wow...thanks Black_Squirrel. I wonder if LE knows who this person is and if he was at the party. CB and this guy were very close. She would have taken a ride home with him. She may have called him to pick her up if she was struggling to contact other friends. She may have used someones phone who hasn't talked to LE. Maybe his number was one she remembered easily. On a side note, I remember reading on CB's FB a post saying she was making ginger snapps, and the location of the post was Carleton, Michigan. She never said with who, it was in July of 2014.

Squirrel, I cannot find a tumblr for Chelsea. Does she use her name for that?

<modsnip>

She uses the name "horatiowack" (which is the same as for the facebook account). Chelsea and a friend one used a ghetto name generator and the name it came up with wast "??????? Wack", where the first name is a fancy name for a sexual act that rhymes with "Horatio". This is where her FB/tumblr name comes from.

The posts I am talking about are near the beginning of her blog, one has to scroll all the way down (which takes some time).

Oh boy. I hope it's just bc I'm on my phone but I cannot figure this out. I went to that link and see a bunch of pictures and videos I did not expect to pop up but cannot find a blog. Do I have to follow her first? I can't be too old to figure this out!!
Eta: Nevermind . I think I got it now. Holy
Moly. Some of these posts.....

Well, I didn't figure it out and could not leave that page opened any longer!

Guess I will have to rely on you guys to have the right girl .... is this something that should be reported to LE? Maybe they don't know about these posts by her (if that is her .... ?) Squirrel, I don't know how you find this stuff!!!

ETA: I did see a twitter with Chelsea (Bruck) with her picture and @ horatiowack, but no FB. Her FB is under Chelsea Bruck .... does she have another, perhaps from earlier, that is still around and is that awful?

Oh boy. I hope it's just bc I'm on my phone but I cannot figure this out. I went to that link and see a bunch of pictures and videos I did not expect to pop up but cannot find a blog. Do I have to follow her first? I can't be too old to figure this out!!
Eta: Nevermind . I think I got it now. Holy
Moly. Some of these posts.....

I am sorry. I should have warned that there is some X-rated stuff on there that you have to scroll through. Perhaps I should not have posted the link. Tumblr does not seem to have any censorship like Facebook. I am not exactly sure how tumblr works, but it does seem that all the entries were either posted, or reposted ("reblogged") by Chelsea. My impression from the tumblr account is that she good and nice person, but that she is not completely like the innocent image that I had of her before.

I am sorry. I should have warned that there is some X-rated stuff on there that you have to scroll through. Perhaps I should not have posted the link. Tumblr does not seem to have any censorship like Facebook. I am not exactly sure how tumblr works, but it does seem that all the entries were either posted, or reposted ("reblogged") by Chelsea. My impression from the tumblr account is that she good and nice person, but that she is not completely like the innocent image that I had of her before.

I agree. I don't understand it either but was very shocked by some of her "repostings" and blogs. [emoji16]

Well, I didn't figure it out and could not leave that page opened any longer!

Guess I will have to rely on you guys to have the right girl .... is this something that should be reported to LE? Maybe they don't know about these posts by her (if that is her .... ?) Squirrel, I don't know how you find this stuff!!!

ETA: I did see a twitter with Chelsea (Bruck) with her picture and @ horatiowack, but no FB. Her FB is under Chelsea Bruck .... does she have another, perhaps from earlier, that is still around and is that awful?

If you go to Chelsea's Facebook, look at the web address:
https://www.facebook.com/horatiowack
The Facebook page will say "Chelsea Bruck". I think, originally she used the name "horatiowack" for her Facebook and then she changed it to "Chelsea Bruck".

I am certain that the link I gave is her tumblr account. She did post pictures of herself.
The title of the blog is "Chelsea's little corner of the world". She write about herself:
"22. blonde. sociable. I'm obsessed with ff8, lotr, and btvs"
ff8=final fantasy VIII
lotr=lord of the rings
btvs=buffy the vampire slayer

But the tumblr account ends around January 2014, just after her 22th birthday. I wonder if she changed to a different account with a different name.

please do not directly link the tumbler account. There is some activity/images on the linked page that could easily offend or catch someone by surprise or worse get them into trouble if they are at work and click on it.

Thanks guys.

If you go to Chelsea's Facebook, look at the web address:
https://www.facebook.com/horatiowack
The Facebook page will say "Chelsea Bruck". I think, originally she used the name "horatiowack" for her Facebook and then she changed it to "Chelsea Bruck".

I am certain that the link I gave is her tumblr account. She did post pictures of herself.
The title of the blog is "Chelsea's little corner of the world". She write about herself:
"22. blonde. sociable. I'm obsessed with ff8, lotr, and btvs"
ff8=final fantasy VIII
lotr=lord of the rings
btvs=buffy the vampire slayer

But the tumblr account ends around January 2014, just after her 22th birthday. I wonder if she changed to a different account with a different name.

BBM: Thanks ... I discovered that when I copied the FB link to my notes. As for the tumblr, I figured out how to go through the lists and I do see her pictures interspersed, so it likely was her account. I find it troublesome, from what we know of her. or think we know. I have not yet come across what you described as a possible lost love interest, will keep going if I can stomach it. At least the worst seem behind me, I hope.

I managed to go through all the tumblr .... not sure what to make of this side of her. It certainly makes her seem to be quite a drinker and an "easy date" ... ?? I could not figure out dates for the postings, but I think all were in late high-school, maybe up to about 20 yrs. old. Kind of a disappointing and sad feeling I have, wondering if she was looking for a guy to hold her tight and it really backfired. Still, it does not matter in the grand scheme of things ... she did not spdeserve to die this way.

Well, Im just going to go ahead and put this out there--- yesterday, I just had this weird feeling, what if it was a female? What if a girl did it to her? Thats why I was curious about the report of a friend maybe showing up at 315 to pick her up. Now, seeing her tumblr, I'm wondering if maybe she was interested in both males and females and a female is involved, somehow. They sure have been focusing on the sketch guy, but what about any other females she might have talked to or been hanging around with. I do not think it is far fetched at all that she would go home with someone after a night of drinking. People do it all the time. This time, it ended very badly. That is sad to me. I just hope the investigators (and people who were there) keep their minds open and report EVERYONE she was seen having contact with, nit just males. She certainly could have been lured by a pair, similar to Jaren Lockhart in New Orleans. Just my thoughts.

I managed to go through all the tumblr .... not sure what to make of this side of her. It certainly makes her seem to be quite a drinker and an "easy date" ... ?? I could not figure out dates for the postings, but I think all were in late high-school, maybe up to about 20 yrs. old. Kind of a disappointing and sad feeling I have, wondering if she was looking for a guy to hold her tight and it really backfired. Still, it does not matter in the grand scheme of things ... she did not spdeserve to die this way.

I see she quit using her tumblr account and started using facebook a little more in the last year or two before Oct 14. Probably maturing a bit. So sad, she'd grown through the trials and tribulations of the teen years, to a mature young woman, with so much in life ahead of her, for it all to be taken away, senselessly.

Well, Im just going to go ahead and put this out there--- yesterday, I just had this weird feeling, what if it was a female? What if a girl did it to her? Thats why I was curious about the report of a friend maybe showing up at 315 to pick her up. Now, seeing her tumblr, I'm wondering if maybe she was interested in both males and females and a female is involved, somehow. They sure have been focusing on the sketch guy, but what about any other females she might have talked to or been hanging around with. I do not think it is far fetched at all that she would go home with someone after a night of drinking. People do it all the time. This time, it ended very badly. That is sad to me. I just hope the investigators (and people who were there) keep their minds open and report EVERYONE she was seen having contact with, nit just males. She certainly could have been lured by a pair, similar to Jaren Lockhart in New Orleans. Just my thoughts.

It's possible. A few people said early on it could have easily been a girl. The style of hair, glasses and clothing is popular with either gender. CB might go with a girl for a ride home and feel safe, and be off guard to any danger. It's not fair to the guys to say this but girls do feel safer with other girls, even ones they do not know very well, or at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member