GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My aunt drove through Maybee yesterday, Chelsea's hometown, and said it was full of purple ribbons. [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live an hour north-east. Praying for a break in the case soon!!

One year:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/04/23/Investigation-continues-in-Bruck-s-death.html

They still don't have a cause of death? Or they're just not releasing it. I've read several articles and this is first time I've read that Chelsea was buried. Originally LE would not comment when asked if she was buried. Very fortunate to have found her.

But most importantly the article keeps her case out there. It's important for the person responsible to know she is not forgotten and neither is the crime.

One year:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/04/23/Investigation-continues-in-Bruck-s-death.html

They still don't have a cause of death? Or they're just not releasing it. I've read several articles and this is first time I've read that Chelsea was buried. Originally LE would not comment when asked if she was buried. Very fortunate to have found her.

But most importantly the article keeps her case out there. It's important for the person responsible to know she is not forgotten and neither is the crime.

Thanks for finding the update, I shared it on my facebook. I used to work with a female cousin of hers. Hope they are able to find out the murderer (s)

Thanks for finding the update, I shared it on my facebook. I used to work with a female cousin of hers. Hope they are able to find out the murderer (s)

I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be better if, after some time has past, police would release some new information, such as the cause of death. New information may lead to new media attention and that may lead to new tips. After more than 1 year has past since Chelsea's body was found, things may have changed. People who weren't willing to talk then may be willing to talk now. Without any new information,
we just get a single newspaper article, and next year the case won't even be mentioned, I'm afraid.

Glad it helped some. Not enough though. I wish I could have had a news article with an arrest. Now that would be an UPDATE!

Glad it helped some. Not enough though. I wish I could have had a news article with an arrest. Now that would be an UPDATE!

I agree. I still check for an update from the police several times a month.

I do understand why they might try to protect certain details. Yet I can't help thinking that releasing the cause of death and maybe some of the evidence found might help some community member make an important connection.

If they say she had specific drug residue on her clothes etc, it may lead someone to speak up because they know of people who were doing that specific drug at the party. Or if a certain item was involved in her death, maybe a community member's ideas would be jogged as they thought of people who use/own this type of instrument. Again, I don't know if anything like this was recovered, but I know there are many locals who would be willing to act to see this person prosecuted and taken off their streets.

I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be better if, after some time has past, police would release some new information, such as the cause of death. New information may lead to new media attention and that may lead to new tips. After more than 1 year has past since Chelsea's body was found, things may have changed. People who weren't willing to talk then may be willing to talk now. Without any new information,
we just get a single newspaper article, and next year the case won't even be mentioned, I'm afraid.

Unfortunately without LE reporting to the reporters or people coming forward, there won't be any news to report. I've always figured if they at least advertised any reward money available, people who didn't come forward might be tempted to do so as money issues come up. I'm all for a section of the newspaper that runs such ads that leads to new avenues of investigation. I mean, it helps the newspaper, it helps LE and it helps the community.

Just thinking out loud I suppose. (I know this is what crimestoppers is for, but you rarely see it advertised past a certain point).

I would welcome almost any public announcement that would breathe new life on this case. Did you follow the Carlie Trent case? They did so many more press conferences than is typical...updates more than once a day. Found her 8 days in.

I know Chelsea's body has already been found, but I wish the public had someone keeping her case in front of them like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone think Jeffrey Willis could also be responsible for Chelsea's murder?
I wouldn't rule him out with having pictures of girls chained together and also owning chains, syringes,etc. Although, it seems a lot further away than his other crimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

He fleetingly crossed my mind, but the locations don't seem connected. Unless he can be connected to the party in some way ....

Well, it certainly makes me wonder what girl went missing in Apr- May- June of 2015!

There isn't much info about Stephanie Ann Belden 29 I found this additional information "Stephanie was last seen in Kalamazoo. She may be staying in a local motel. Few details available." https://www.facebook.com/MichiganLo...457146949693/1162747783753957/?type=1&theater

I hope and pray the police are thoroughly investigating the years Willis has been active and all the women who had disappeared in Michigan during this time.

hhhmmm. Interesting! Can anyone find a thread or her FB showing shes back?

Still looking, but I did find this from 2014, before she went missing. Doubt there is a connection, but here it is:

sentenced in Kalamazoo court system on 2/18/2014:
Stephanie Ann Belden, 29, of Vicksburg, was sentenced to seven days in jail, one year of probation and ordered to pay attorney fees, court costs, state fees and restitution for larceny
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/02/sentencings_in_kalamazoo_count_105.html

ETA: Not sure if I can link to her FB per WS terms, but there is a Stephanis Belden from Kalamazoo, Mi on FB with current posts. Maybe someone can check it out and see if it looks like the same person.

ETA: http://www.criminalfaces.com/arrests/stephanie-ann-belden_35713246.html
arrested 1/1/2016 larceny in a building

I am terrible at comparing faces, but I "think" these are all the same person. Can anyone else be more certain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08