GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Mester @AlexMesterBlade

First up today is Sgt. James England with the Michigan State Police, was involved in recovering #ChelseaBruck's remains.

Sgt. England opened, showed piece of evidence to jury, but I couldn't see. Believe it was the loose leaf found near Chelsea Bruck's remains

Confirmed it was indeed the loose artificial leaf from the Briar Hill property. Defense now crossing, asking about initials on evidence bag.

Next up is Dr. Gary Berman, a forensic dentist.

Dr. Berman examined #ChelseaBruck's remains for purpose of dental ID. Back in April, 2015, police said she was ID'd through dental records.

Malena Caruso @MalenaWTOL
[h=1]BERMAN | Testifying he found trauma to two left front teeth | fracture to mandible (jaw bone) of #ChelseaBruck[/h]
1mMalena Caruso @MalenaWTOL
[h=1]** #DanielClay continues to sit quietly without much reaction to any of the testimony thus far **[/h]
8mRay Kisonas @RayKisonas
[h=1]Day 4 of Daniel Clay trial begins with dental expert Dr. Gary Berman who ID vics at World Trade Center and Monroe's comair crash disasters[/h]
[h=1]BERMAN | Testifies a +VE ID of #ChelseaBruck due to several unusual findings: straight teeth, missing wisdom teeth, 10 fillings & others[/h]

Dr. Berman's exam left him with zero doubt the remains were that of Chelsea Bruck, thanks to unusual dentition from prior dental work.

BERMAN | testifies ZERO margin of error in his positive ID of the dental remains to be that of #ChelseaBruck

Ray Kisonas @RayKisonas
She had nice beautifully straight teeth

[wow ... what reporting.... not]

Cross examination starts | questions the expert on his education | reviews BERMAN's findings, chipped teeth, teeth were straight, etc.

Ray Kisonas @RayKisonas
But she was missing canine teeth which is odd.

Medical examiner who performed #ChelseaBruck's autopsy is on the stand now.

[I have to do some things here ... will be back as soon as I can. Spellz]

Thanks for posting tweets Spellz

[back for just a short time, Spellz]

58mAlex Mester @AlexMesterBlade

[h=1]Dr. Hlavaty briefly details the various fractures to #ChelseaBruck's face, broken teeth. Photos now being shown to illustrate.[/h]
No injuries anywhere else on the remains, solely the face and mouth.

Again showing field photos of the remains, which show visible fractures before #ChelseaBruck's body was recovered.

Hlavaty: "Her cause of death was blunt-force trauma to the head."

Release of autopsy report, cause of death delayed at request of investigators in #ChelseaBruck case. Released 7/25/16 after Clay's arrest.

Judge indicates someone requested a break. Now recessed for 15 min, will return w/ Hlavaty on the witness stand.

Shout-out to paralegal Dave from defense atty's office, who I hear is following my #ChelseaBruck twitter feed. Everybody say, "Hi, Dave!"

Court resuming. Dr. Hlavaty, who performed autopsy, still on stand. Determined 22-yo #ChelseaBruck died of blunt-force trauma to head.

Dr. Hlavaty talking about process of asphyxiation, if #ChelseaBruck's prior diagnoses of hypotonia could have impacted poss. strangulation.

Erotic asphyxiation can't cause death, person applying pressure to someone's neck releases pressure. Pressure not released = strangulation.

If manually strangled, pressure must be constantly maintained for several minutes to cause death, Dr. Hlavaty said.

Hlavaty: Fractures of #ChelseaBruck's face would have required "tremendous force" to break the bones.

Hlavaty: Branch/log found covering #ChelseaBruck's remains could not have caused the fractures.

Hlavaty: Log found over #ChelseaBruck's chest, but no fractures to ribs or chest. If had fallen, would have fractured something there.

Hlavaty: Force required to cause #ChelseaBruck's facial fractures would have been enough to cause death, and blood stains in costume.

Defense now crossing. Dr. Hlavaty approaching 45 minutes on the stand.

Defense atty Russell Smith questioning the process of the autopsy, if anyone else was present through exam, etc.

Hlavaty: Some brain tissue was present, but decomposed.

Hlavaty: Concussive effect of blunt-force to head can cause death. Force needed to create #ChelseaBruck's fractures would've met threshold.

22mMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
HLAVARTY | testifies difference btwn auto erotic asphyxiation & erotic asphyxiation | the later is 2 people involved | 1st is self induced

26mMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
HLAVARTY | #ChelseaBruck had hypertonia - increase muscle tension - weakness in muscles

1hRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
The entire skeletal remains were intact except for one small bone in the throat and several others in a foot

27mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas

The injuries to Chelsea's face would impact her resistance to choking

20mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Dr. Hlavaty testified the injuries could not have been caused by the large branch found at scene . Her nose would have broken but was not

16mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
The blood resulting from the beating to her face most likely created the stains on the costume

8mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Under cross examination Dr. Hlavaty said the broken jaw likely caused by 2 blows

8mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
The blows to the face and jaw were enough to cause death

6mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Defense questioning the missing u-shaped bone and if can cause impeding of airflow if broken loose

1mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Dr. Hlavaty ruled that if injuries to face occurred after death the cause of death would be asphyxia

I'm no expert, but Chelsea's injuries appear to go way beyond "rough sex" :stormingmad:

I am having such a hard time reconciling how badly she was injured, and what could possibly possess a monsterous beating like this. My heart just aches for the family having to hear all this. we want to remember our children as the beautiful babies they were to us. no one should have to go through this.... not Chelsea, and not her family/friends

:tears:

I'm no expert, but Chelsea's injuries appear to go way beyond "rough sex" :stormingmad:

They certainly do. If he still takes the stand, he is mighty stupid. Those injuries to her face did not come from that log, from auto asphyxiation, or from the elements... and she did not do them to herself. :mad:

Horrific injuries. One thing I believe and from his own words-he is a monster!!!!! Rage filled monster IMO

Horrific injuries. One thing I believe and from his own words-he is a monster!!!!! Rage filled monster IMO

I am surprised no "girlfriends" have said he was ever abusive toward them. The horrific details do not indicate to me that this was his first abusive incident.

Former GF's may have been too frightened of him to speak out?

14sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade

Hlavaty still on stand for cross-exam by defense. Questioning details related to manner of death, timeline needed for asphyxiation, etc.

29sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Cross examination asks HLAVARTY if there was any evidence found under the fingernails of the remains of #ChelseaBruck | she can not say

1mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Dr. Hlavaty could not determine What caused the injuries to Chelsea's face and jaw

55sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
If the log fell on her jaw it could have caused broken bones but one blow from log did not cause all injuries

2mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Dr. Hlavaty said the injuries were not caused by a fall or multiple Falls of logs

5sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade

Questioned if fractures may have been caused by strike by closing vehicle door. Hlavaty indicates unlikely w/ #ChelseaBruck's fractures.

11sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Back to questioning on erotic asphyxiation, purpose of the practice for heightened sexual pleasure.

2mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Dr. Hlavaty is so far longest witness on the stand. Now redirect by prosecution with impact of intoxication on poss. strangulation.

1mMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Some energetic back & forth btwn defense & prosecution in the prosecution's redirect to witness M.E. HLAVARTY about Chelsea's cause of death

1mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
If the condition of the body was in better shape ME could have determined if she was strangled

48sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Due to condition of body it could not have been determined if she died hypothetically of drowning or heart attack

1sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Under several objections questions about various scenarios are offered such as bullet wounds

16sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Prosecution asks to approach the bench with the defense as the back and forth continues.

8sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Pros. running through other possible causes of death, poison, drowning, gunshot, etc., how Hlavaty would determine. Defense objects.

9sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas

The judge stopped the line of questioning regarding hypothetical causes of death

Malena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Defense re-cross examines M.E. HLAVARTY - asphyxiation cannot be ruled out due to state of body when examined | prosecution asks final ?

16sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
After 1.5 hours on the stand. Hlavaty excused. Det. Sroka, lead officer on

Might this be where we hear some of the monster/LE Interview?

Malena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Detective Sroka now takes the stand | once body was found | #ChelseaBruck missing person case becomes a homicide investigation

Ray Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Now the phase of the trial moves toward the identification, arrest and interrogation of Daniel Clay

5sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Sroka testifying about DNA hit associated w/ Daniel Clay, surveillance of his residence, eventual arrest in July, 2016.

Malena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
SROKA | testifies a positive match to #DanielClay from DNA on the costume #ChelseaBruck comes July 2016 | deputies approach Clay's house

Alex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Another deputy taking the stand now.

2mMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Deputy Peters takes the stand | part of team who bright #DanielClay into custody

3sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Deputy Jeremy Peters testified that Daniel Clay jumped out of back door of trailer and was arrested

14sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Deputy Peters took Clay into custody after he attempted to escape out a back door. Next witness is another #MonroeCounty detective.

44sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
PETERS | testifies taking Clay into custody after Clay tried to run | Det. Preadmore now takes the stand his testimony expected to take hour

28sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Detective describes #ChelseaBruck case as "Intense. Stressful. A lot of long hours, sleepless nights." He interviewed Clay after arrest.

Could DC still opt for the plea deal? He's going to take a major beating if he takes the stand.

Could DC still opt for the plea deal? He's going to take a major beating if he takes the stand.

Good ? BDE. I look forward for the Prosecution ripping him on the stand. Yet the disgusting story he will tell will be horrible for Family. Guess he still wants control and to inflict more pain. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx