GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I hate to agree with this, but it is true - there is room for reasonable doubt. Just from a legal standpoint, there is. Reprising my call for professional juries in this country, who can only consider evidence and testimony actually presented, period.

Justice for Chelsea.

I mentioned earlier today, after reading testimony from ME, Daniel Spitz, that there is definitely room for reasonable doubt. Had Chelsea's body been found much sooner and with much less decomposition, exact circumstances of her death would have been more obvious and more easily determined. Not so with decomposition over six months. :moo:

Ugh, I hate to agree with this, but it is true - there is room for reasonable doubt. Just from a legal standpoint, there is. Reprising my call for professional juries in this country, who can only consider evidence and testimony actually presented, period.

Justice for Chelsea.

I am sure there can be doubt, but "reasonable"? I think Murder 1 is a definite possibility. The broken bones in the face make me believe he got angry (did she resist his advances?). the cover up ... body, clothes in different places. (I believe what experts testified to, that bones in face were not broken by the log)

Can you share how you might find "reasonable doubt"?

Agree^. I don't think the died of an OD would fly given the facial injuries. Especially given the fact her nose was not broken. I believe she resisted as well which enraged him. IMO

This is off topic but I seen on the girlfriends Facebook and noticed she had a child that was born in April does anyone know if this is Daniel clays child?

I need to apologize for thanking the wrong person for doing updates this morning. Thanks monster!! :loveyou:

I am at my appointment now.
Lol. I Am Glad I didn't volunteer cause I wasn't around all day. Thanks for posting, y'all.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

This is off topic but I seen on the girlfriends Facebook and noticed she had a child that was born in April does anyone know if this is Daniel clays child?

While posting the tweets from reporters, I do recall the reporters saying he talked about his two sons during the interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you again for all the tweets!

Spellz said:
Court is done for the day. Jury to return tomorrow at 9 a.m., which judge says is a treat for them.

Is this taking place Eastern Time?? or ?? I need to know "when" to come to this thread today! I'm 7 hours ahead of Eastern Time.

TIA! :wave:

Bravo said:
Agree^. I don't think the died of an OD would fly given the facial injuries. Especially given the fact her nose was not broken. I believe she resisted as well which enraged him. IMO

Remember where he says - he "accidently" hit her head with the car door? Is this "how" she might have gotten the facial injuries? You know, he's pizzed cause she died, and slams the car door to her head on purpose??!! :dunno:

Thank you again for all the tweets!

Is this taking place Eastern Time?? or ?? I need to know "when" to come to this thread today! I'm 7 hours ahead of Eastern Time.

TIA! :wave:

Remember where he says - he "accidently" hit her head with the car door? Is this "how" she might have gotten the facial injuries? You know, he's pizzed cause she died, and slams the car door to her head on purpose??!! :dunno:

Yes it's eastern time. Sounds like closing arguments and then jury deliberation unless something else comes up.

Lol. I Am Glad I didn't volunteer cause I wasn't around all day. Thanks for posting, y'all.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

:loveyou:You must have been on my mind yesterday...glad you stopped by later.

---
I heard back from our two best tweeters. Here are their replies:

From Alex Mester, Toledo Blade

Thanks... again! Good to know it's coming through well and making sense to readers despite how often I've felt like I'm flailing around trying to get everything accomplished. It's a heck of a trial to be covering for the first go-round with this kind of assignment. Thanks for following!

Alex

---
From Marlena Caruso, WTOL

Thank you so much for reaching out me.

It means a lot to hear such kind, genuine encouragement.

I'll continue to share what's happening inside the courtroom for the duration.
Tomorrow both sides will give closing arguments, then the jury will be given instructions by the judge before they deliberate.

This has been a very difficult trial for everyone involved.

Again, I appreciate your support. You can always reach me at mcaruso@wtol.com as well.

Have a great night,
-MC

:loveyou:You must have been on my mind yesterday...glad you stopped by later.

---
I heard back from our two best tweeters. Here are their replies:

From Alex Mester, Toledo Blade

Thanks... again! Good to know it's coming through well and making sense to readers despite how often I've felt like I'm flailing around trying to get everything accomplished. It's a heck of a trial to be covering for the first go-round with this kind of assignment. Thanks for following!

Alex

---
From Marlena Caruso, WTOL

Thank you so much for reaching out me.

It means a lot to hear such kind, genuine encouragement.

I'll continue to share what's happening inside the courtroom for the duration.
Tomorrow both sides will give closing arguments, then the jury will be given instructions by the judge before they deliberate.

This has been a very difficult trial for everyone involved.

Again, I appreciate your support. You can always reach me at mcaruso@wtol.com as well.

Have a great night,
-MC

Glad you got responses because I never did. Ha. But I think they're doing amazing. Without them, we would barely know anything!

Yes it is. An old work friend of mine is friends with Kelli (the girlfriend).

ETA- not sure if she is still the "girlfriend", just going off how the question was phrased

I was a bit surprised the last girlfriend or the roommate who was home the day Clay was arrested did not have to testify.

Monster, I will do Alex and Ray's tweets (Ray is not too reliable). Can you still do Malena? I wouldn't worry about Tori unless you want to do her.

Any thoughts on how long a verdict will take? I am thinking it may be only a day or two once the jury starts. I just hope they think it all through carefully and base their verdict in the facts, not personal feelings that may come through.

Getting my coffee and settling in for the morning session now. We should be starting soon.

Good day all. Thanks to our tweeters here. I think it will be a fairly quick verdict. Very telling as to the lack of Defense witnesses. The State has proven their case IMO. His "story" does not line up with the injuries.

I was a bit surprised the last girlfriend or the roommate who was home the day Clay was arrested did not have to testify.

Monster, I will do Alex and Ray's tweets (Ray is not too reliable). Can you still do Malena? I wouldn't worry about Tori unless you want to do her.

Any thoughts on how long a verdict will take? I am thinking it may be only a day or two once the jury starts. I just hope they think it all through carefully and base their verdict in the facts, not personal feelings that may come through.

Getting my coffee and settling in for the morning session now. We should be starting soon.

Yep I'm here and ready!

Malena Caruso‏ @MalenaWTOL

Closing arguments begin in final day of #DanielClay murder trial | pros. says the jury should find Clay guilty of felony murder & murder 1

Pros. addresses jury in closing arguments | evidence shown are facts | 29 witnesses | a full courtroom listens, many of whom were witnesses – at Monroe County Courthouse

[video=twitter;864470010693136384]https://twitter.com/MalenaWTOL/status/864470010693136384[/video]

Trial was quick, and I think we'll definitely have a verdict by Thursday. Maybe even tomorrow. Unless there are holdouts with "reasonable doubt", DC should be convicted and will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Malena Caruso‏ @MalenaWTOL

Pros. tells jury this case built on hard work, determination & science #ChelseaBruck suffered a terrible death caused by blunt force trauma

As Pros. recaps witnesses in order, #DanielClay watches quietly... family of #ChelseaBruck sitting in the front row as they have been

Pros. describes murder charges to jury | says #DanielClay is guilt of premeditated deliberate murder AND felony murder in Michigan

Pros. says the defendant's inconsistent interviews w/detectives & testimony leaves holes in his story as to what happened to #ChelseaBruck

Pros. says defendant #DanielClay had nearly two years to come forward about his crimes | says defendant never helped #ChelseaBruck live

Alex Mester@AlexMesterBlade

Prosecutor begins closing argument by saying, "Life is fragile."

Prosecutor asking jury to find Daniel Clay guilty of Murder 1 (premeditated) in killing of #ChelseaBruck. Thanking jury for their service.

Pros. on their evidence: “They are facts, not mere words. The evidence the defense has presented to you, by contrast, are mere words.”

Pros.: Investigation and evidence presented was result of "hard work, science, and determination."

Pros. now reviewing testimony, details of case in chronological order. Daniel Clay is watching calmly, #ChelseaBruck's family doing well.

Pros.: “Only when confronted with inescapable evidence did [Daniel Clay] begin to waver in his narrative." in interviews.

Gallery behind the prosecution table is full of family, friends of #ChelseaBruck. Other observers here as well, the most I've seen so far.

Pros. reviewing options for open murder count: 1st degree, 2nd degree, & felony murder. Jury to decide which is best if finds Clay guilty.

Pros.: “She was beaten and bloodied, and then the costume was torn from her body.”

Pros.: "Chelsea never would have agreed to be strangled to death."

Pros.: Daniel Clay “had 21 months to conjure up an account of what he said happened.” Never contacted police before arrest in July, 2016.

-----
1mRay Kisonas@RayKisonas

Prosecuting attorney begins closing with "life is fragile"

Roehrig urges jury to find Clay guilty of first degree murder

Roehrig : the defendant murdered Chelsea Bruck then discarded her lifeless and naked body

Roehrig reviews case and said it was the culmination of hard work, science and determination

Roehrig reminds jury Chelsea died of multiple blunt force traumas to her face and blood was found inside her costume

Roehrig tells jury Clay is guilty of both premeditated first degree murder and felony murder

Clay committed crime while sexually assaulting Chelsea which is felony murder

The defendant is guilty of first degree murder because Roehrig said it was premeditated

Roehrig tells jurors even if they believe Clay's story that he choked her during sex he's still guilty of first-degree murder because ...

He needed to continue strangling her for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes after she passed out

56sAlex Mester@AlexMesterBlade

Pros.: Clay lied repeatedly. "Only a small fraction of what the defendant says is credible." #ChelseaBruck

Pros. pointing out how defense's forensic pathologist agreed in many ways with original autopsy, prosecution's forensic anthropologist

Pros. now using stopwatch to whoe jury how long 20 & 30 secs is, & 2 minutes following -- would have been needed to strangle

----
Ray Kisonas@RayKisonas

Asphyxia was presented as a cause of death by the defendant and only the defendant after 21 months

Roehrig said Clay first said he choked her for 20 to 30 seconds then changed is story to 45 seconds during trial

"She didn't die accidentally"

Roehrig uses a rubber dummy and chokes it to show how long it takes to kill someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne