GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Mester@AlexMesterBlade

Clay: Believes accidentally catching #ChelseaBruck's head in door while getting body back in car caused injures. [oh brother .. :thinking: ]

Pros. asking Clay about details of how #ChelseaBruck's costume was removed during encounters. Clay admits ripping crotch during 2nd time.

Pros. now asking Clay about his "freak-out period" after realizing #ChelseaBruck died.

------
3mRay Kisonas@RayKisonas
If Clay would have gone for help They would have seen her smashed in face , Mr. Roehrig said

Clay said the injuries occurred when he accidentally closed the door on her

Clay's been on the stand nearly two hours

Roehrig asks Clay again if he is tailoring his testimony to the trial

----

MonroeNews, twitter photo:

Attachments

• IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 40
1mAlex Mester@AlexMesterBlade

Pros. continues to remind Clay of his statement of wanting to "get the whole truth out" in interviews, juxtaposing w/ new info he gave today

Court taking 15 minute break. Clay remains on the stand

If this jury is on their toes, it is obvious to me that he had plenty of time to know what he was doing and to stop.... 1st degree s a real possibility. I cannot see that he is helping to sway the outcome in his favor.

Glad to see several WSers are following along during the trial. :wave: Getting closer to Chelsea's justice now. :grouphug:

Just wanted to say :tyou: Spellz and Monster for the tweets! Great job!

:wave:

Malena Caruso‏ @MalenaWTOL

The courtroom watches the testimony of #DanielClay | full of family and friends of #ChelseaBruck and many witnesses from the case

CLAY | testifies to jury he didn't have "intent to conceal her body" but then made a terrible decision to hide her body | judge calls recess

Toi Creel‏ @ToiCreel
"At no point during the 5 hours of interviews w/ Detectives did you mention 'tipping'" -Prosecutor, #DanielClay--> "I motioned"

"When you went into the woods you decided to conceal her body RIGHT?!" After heated interrogation judge calls a 15 min recess

(It's hard to follow her tweets because half the time I don't understand the quotes she uses, but there they are.)

5mAlex Mester@AlexMesterBlade
Clay has seemed frustrated at times by prosecutor's questions, but otherwise seems relatively matter-of-fact while on the stand.

Clay: Pros. questioning initial placement of
#ChelseaBruck's body in one location at Briar Hill property, before moved to more secluded spot

Clay: Admits not wanting body to be found at time he was hiding
#ChelseaBruck, confirms that's why he moved her to another spot on property.

Clay: Continues to deny any memory of disposing of
#ChelseaBruck's costume in Flat Rock, was found in early April 2015, shortly before body.

Clay: After sleeping, checked car for evidence of #ChelseaBruck. “At that point, I really thought this was a bad dream.” Nothing in car.
Clay: Realized it wasn't a dream ~2 days later when saw #ChelseaBruck missing on Facebook. Didn't call police, didn't recall where body was
Clay denies each question Pros. asks in series framed as timeline of events for sexual assault of #ChelseaBruck.
-----

Ray Kisonas@RayKisonas
After a break cross examination of Clay continues . He said when interviewed he lied before telling the truth

Clay testifies that he still doesn't remember dumping the costume at the industrial sight

He says he wasn't in the right frame of mind or he probably would have thrown costume in dumpster

Roehrig: so when you were in right frame of mind that's when you called police right? Clay: no

Roehrig : you beat her in the face , then you sexually assaulted her , then you tore her costume . Clay no, no , no

Pros. says #DanielClay had the same motivation to conceal the wig & costume as he did to conceal the body of #ChelseaBruck

Pros. asks about #DanielClay why he changed his story about which car he drove the night of the Halloween Party

CLAY | says for a day & a half he thought what had happened "was a bad dream" | didn't realize what happened until he say Facebook posts

:tyou: for the continuing Tweets today. Channel 4 will update the case on their 5:00PM news.

CLAY denies Pros. series of questions: he sexually assaulted #ChelseaBruck, beat her w/a blunt object, cut/tore her costume, left her body

CLAY testifies he did lie to Det's in beginning about knowing #ChelseaBruck, having sex w/her, killing her | Pros. rests | defense redirects

Pros. redirects, no rebuttal; judge dismisses jury; closing arguments will start tomorrow morning | tune in to @WTOL11Toledo at 5:30pm

CLAY | testifies he has remorse for what happened |says he wants to move on w/his life | let parents of #ChelseaBruck move on |defense rests

(Did he have remorse while sitting happy not telling anyone about this for years?) :thinking:

1mAlex Mester@AlexMesterBlade
Clay admits lying to investigators numerous times in forensic interviews.

Pros. finished questioning, now his defense atty to redirect.

Clay: Remembers deciding when to tell the truth after being briefly left alone in interview room. Lied repeatedly before that point.

Clay says he is remorseful, knows he and #ChelseaBruck's family will have to live with this, wants to move on. Defense rests.

Court is done for the day. Jury to return tomorrow at 9 a.m., which judge says is a treat for them.

-----
1mRay Kisonas@RayKisonas
Clay remains calm . Hasn't raised his voice and often looks to jury while answering

Roehrig: you did kill Chelsea Bruck didn't you ?Clay: not on purpose

Attorney Smith now redirects .he asks his client that he admitted lying to police multiple times . Yes he did

Mr. Smith : do you have remorse ?Clay: every day I think of this and regret what happened

Clay is done testifying . Defense rests . Day is done . Closing arguments tomorrow . Deliberations then begin

he wants to get on with his life? wait, what? He has no conception of the gravity of what he's done.

he wants to get on with his life? wait, what? He has no conception of the gravity of what he's done.

And also doesn't realize he won't be moving very far, based on what lies ahead for him.... All I can think about is the fact that if he never went and did something else, he would still be out there living among us..probably attending other events/doing whatever else. Ugh. Someone mentioned to me that "if" he were to have other victims, was his mind starting to see "how far he could go", which is unfortunately why Chelsea ended up being a victim the way she did? What could be happening to others right now if he was still out there in the "free world"? I think his presence in social media speaks for itself at this point.

Anyways...I'll be back for posting tomorrow!

Many Thanks to those keeping us informed last week and this week! *hugs*

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chelsea Bruck murder case: Suspect takes stand after prosecution rests
Daniel Clay charged in connection to Chelsea Bruck's 2014 murder

By John Steckroth - Editor

Posted: 4:50 PM, May 15, 2017
Updated: 5:14 PM, May 15, 2017

MONROE COUNTY, Mich. - The Chelsea Bruck murder trial continued Monday in it's second week as detectives talked about the interrogation of Daniel Clay and the prosecution eventually rested before the defense began calling witnesses and Clay took the stand...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...e-suspect-takes-stand-after-prosecution-rests

Whether he choked her for 20, 30, or 45 seconds it doesn't matter...she wouldn't have been dead that fast from strangulation.

I'm really surprised the defense isn't going hard on the substance use to imply she accidentally overdosed and simply happened to die while they were having sex.

There's definitely some room for reasonable doubt in this case.

So why is he wasting everyone's time with this trial? He really thinks it is worth the gamble? He should have pled out and saved us all the trouble of listening to his incredible perjury.

Whether he choked her for 20, 30, or 45 seconds it doesn't matter...she wouldn't have been dead that fast from strangulation.

I'm really surprised the defense isn't going hard on the substance use to imply she accidentally overdosed and simply happened to die while they were having sex.

There's definitely some room for reasonable doubt in this case.

Ugh, I hate to agree with this, but it is true - there is room for reasonable doubt. Just from a legal standpoint, there is. Reprising my call for professional juries in this country, who can only consider evidence and testimony actually presented, period.

Justice for Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member