GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying not to post too many separate posts so I've been grouping them together. Hoping that has been ok. It's driving me nuts we can't watch it streamed but at least these reporters are doing an awesome job in my opinion. Interested to hear what else will be presented the rest of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are doing great, monster! These two reporters have been awesome. We should let them know .... I have emailed AlexM, I will try to let Malena know we appreciate her work, too. But I can't figure our Twitter, I will need an email for her if I can find one.

I found an email for Malena and sent a big thank you from Websleuths and myself for her excellent coverage.

Toi Creel‏ @ToiCreel
Back after break. Detective Brian Sroka back on the stand. Mentions #chelseabruck red wine bottle being turned in as evidence.

Alex Mester‏ @AlexMesterBlade
Pros. calling its final witness. Another detective, this one with the Monroe City Police Dept., who interviewed Clay in yet another session.
Detective said his interview was unrelated #ChelseaBruck case. Clay made unsolicited references to the case, said he killed her.
Jury being excused for a few minutes, court continuing w/ trying to clarify exhibits entered. Prosecution has otherwise finished their case.

Malena Caruso‏ @MalenaWTOL
Sroka dismissed | Det. Schiappacass takes the stand | interviewed #DanielClay 07/25/17 at Monroe Co. Sheriff's Office.

Det. on stand testifies he interviewed Clay & says Clay said "I did that **** to Chelsea." "I'm a *advertiser censored**ing monster." @WTOL11ToledoDet.

Prosecution objects to defenses question about if Clay actually said he murdered #ChelseaBruck & that Clay later said he wasn't a monster
Judge allows question | Def. references a police report where Clay takes back what he said about being a monster | defense rests |
Prosecution re-directs | Judge excuses witness | both sides approach bench | judge dismisses jury "for a few minutes"

Defense asking judge to direct jury to not consider Murder 1, saying no testimony/evidence from prosecution it was premeditated.
Pros. says Clay had chance to reconsider actions before #ChelseaBruck died. Also concealed evidence, deliberately found secluded locations.
Defense also asked to exclude felony murder, pros. laying out evidence it seems likely #ChelseaBruck didn't consent to sex w/ Clay.
Judge rules jury may consider Murder 1, felony murder. Clay charged with open murder, jury will determine which variety (1, 2, or felony).

Prosecution wants to make sure all exhibits entered into court | Defense wants a motion about open murder charge - direct out murder 1 Count
Prosecution stands murder 1 still be an option for the jury | says it's undisputed in this case that #DanielClay had time for a "2nd look"
Judge says significant evidence of concealment which could mean premeditation | evidence sex likely not consensual | felony murder stands

Toi Creel‏ @ToiCreel -from earlier-
#DanielClay through tears post intvw, "I could have snapped & beat the crap out of her after she didn't wake up. I don't know."
Defense fires back @Detective in cross examine b4 break "did you tell the defendant she died miserably?/ of hypothermia?" 20 min break

Toi Creel‏ @ToiCreel May 11
#danielclay arrest interview, denies having sex with #Chelseabruck ,talking on dating website. Mentions giving DNA in previous arrest.
20 min. into #danielclay post arrest intvw, he claims roughly "rembering" locations where body &costume found,denies sex w/ #chelseabruck
After over 2 hr interview #danielclay confesses. Claims they had "rough sex" & he accidentally killed #chelseabruck then "panicked"

Defense is now beginning their case. Starting with a forensic pathologist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defense now beginning their case. Calling Dr. Daniel Spitz, a forensic pathologist, hired to review case.

Dr. Spitz was hired by defense to review #ChelseaBruck case. He determined manner of death as homicide = at hands/actions of another person.

Spitz: Thinks most likely cause of death of #ChelseaBruck was asphyxiation. Said facial bone fractures are "nonspecific," not enough info.

Spitz said lack of soft tissues makes determining poss. death from fractures, strangulation difficult. Evidence of bleeding, etc. absent.
Now asking Spitz about erotic asphyxiation, strangulation, what kind of force and time is required for someone to pass out.
Spitz did not review #ChelseaBruck's remains directly.

Toi Creel‏ @ToiCreel
Defense 1st witness takes stand,Forensic pathologist Daniel Spitz. Asked if fractures lead to death, response: "not always"

Ray Kisonas‏ @RayKisonas (Monroe Evening News)
Dr. Spitz testified that large branch could have caused the injuries but more than one event had to have occurred

*I'm stepping out of court to get ready for @WTOL11Toledo #newsatnoon | tune in to see a clip of #DanielClay's video interrogation (Not sure if anyone can view that locally or find it on their website later)

I'll provide update if Channel 4 addresses the case on noon news.

ETA: Brief report on case. Possible that Clay will take the stand today. More about the case on news at 5:00PM.

Spitz: Injuries to face would have caused significant bleeding if #ChelseaBruck was alive at the time. Pros. recalls blood found on costume.

Toi Creel‏ @ToiCreel
#chelseabruck Prosecutor ask Defense's witness about compensation. Response: $2,000 to review documents,
& $3,000 allotment for day.
In cross examine, Prosecutor ?s Dr. Spitz If he saw: Clay's interview video, costume, believes hypotomia affected struggle time.
(FYI: Hypotonia, commonly known as floppy baby syndrome, is a state of low muscle tone (the amount of tension or resistance to stretch in a muscle), often involving reduced muscle strength.)

Ray Kisonas‏ @RayKisonas
Dr. Spitz will be paid up to $5,000 with public dollars to review the case and testify

Side note: I'm still finding Alex Mester and Malena Caruso to be providing the best tweet details...but have decided to include others as they pop up. (Thank goodness for having a work-from-home job and the ability to multitask... because I know so many of you were wondering ;) )

It should be a lunch break soon so I'll pick back up in a bit.

I am confused as to why the defense would use the medical examiner Dr. Spitz since he ruled this as a homicide.... is he trying to get jury to believe it was less than 1st degree? Seems to me he is more useful to the prosecution.

Monster, I am home now. do you want me to do any of the tweets this afternoon? Feel free, if you want to do them.

Clay to take stand this afternoon

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20170515/clay-to-take-stand-this-afternoon

In other developments, Mr. Smith made a motion for the judge to make a directed verdict, meaning he wanted first-degree murder and felony murder eliminated as possible considerations by the jury when they begin deliberations.

Mr. Roehrig said elements were clear by testimony that Mr. Clay could have forced Miss Bruck into sex and that Mr. Clay deliberately choked her to death, which could be premeditation, and concealed her body.

Circuit Judge Daniel S. White agreed with the prosecutor and denied the motion.

I am confused as to why the defense would use the medical examiner Dr. Spitz since he ruled this as a homicide.... is he trying to get jury to believe it was less than 1st degree? Seems to me he is more useful to the prosecution.

Monster, I am home now. do you want me to do any of the tweets this afternoon? Feel free, if you want to do them.

That's what I'm thinking, otherwise, I don't understand it. My guess is they don't have much to go on so will try to get it down to a lesser charge. I'm curious if/when the other incident he involved himself in is going to trial/conviction or whatever.

Feel free to do the tweets if you want. I will follow and add in anything extra I find.

Dr. Spitz was hired by defense to review #ChelseaBruck case. He determined manner of death as homicide = at hands/actions of another person.

Spitz: Thinks most likely cause of death of #ChelseaBruck was asphyxiation. Said facial bone fractures are "nonspecific," not enough info.

Spitz said lack of soft tissues makes determining poss. death from fractures, strangulation difficult. Evidence of bleeding, etc. absent.

Spitz is not arguing that Chelsea was murdered but raises questions/concerns (reasonable doubt) about how Chelsea died, exact cause of death, when facial injuries occurred, etc. :moo:

That's what I'm thinking, otherwise, I don't understand it. My guess is they don't have much to go on so will try to get it down to a lesser charge. I'm curious if/when the other incident he involved himself in is going to trial/conviction or whatever.

Feel free to do the tweets if you want. I will follow and add in anything extra I find.

Ok... I will definitely do AlexMarsten and try to get the others, too. (unless you want to add Malena).

Ok... I will definitely do AlexMarsten and try to get the others, too. (unless you want to add Malena).

OK, you do Alex, I'll do Malena. Should make it a bit easier for both of us not having to go back and forth.

Spitz is not arguing that Chelsea was murdered but raises questions/concerns (reasonable doubt) about how Chelsea died, exact cause of death, when facial injuries occurred, etc. :moo:

Spitz: "Dr. Spitz also testified that it took two to three blows to cause the injuries and that it was possible they were the result of a log even though her nose was not broken."

Indeed, he contradicted other expert testimonies that said the log did not cause the facial bone breaks, if I remember correctly.

Toi Creel‏ @ToiCreel
Court back in session. #danielclay is about to take the stand.

[video=twitter;864172801082753024]https://twitter.com/MalenaWTOL/status/864172801082753024[/video]

[video=twitter;864174250298671104]https://twitter.com/MalenaWTOL/status/864174250298671104[/video]

3mAlex Mester@AlexMesterBlade
Clay is calm, straightforward. Says he drank, smoked marijuana, took Xanax before arriving at party, continued after arrival.

1mAlex Mester@AlexMesterBlade
Clay: Met #ChelseaBruck at the party, shared weed and alcohol. “I started flirting with her, and she responded to my flirtations.”

MMJ/Reporter for @nbc24wnwo. Toi Creel@ToiCreel
#danielclay claims saw dried blood on #chelseabruck 's chin. "I saw her at least take one swig of wine" she took a shot of vodka.

10mToi Creel@ToiCreel
While originally mentioning shots of alcohol #danielclay in his testimony admits weed&pills, "I was really messed up towards the end".

Alex Mester@AlexMesterBlade
Clay: He & #ChelseaBruck began sex in car, were interrupted by someone knocking on rear of car and ended. Says she was willing participant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne