MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of where Danielle was grabbed, the abduction had to be either random or planned. If it were random, I would expect more forensic evidence--for instance, obvious signs of a struggle. Because there are so few clues, I believe the abduction was carefully planned.
Kidnapping someone from an apartment complex is pretty high risk; most generic sexual deviants go for lower hanging fruit. If she was abducted elsewhere, then someone parked her jeep at her apartment in order to mislead investigators; a suspect with no connection to Danielle wouldn't bother with that. Any way you slice it, it does not appear random.

THIS!!!! SO much THIS. Great post.

Please please, let there be news soon. Not knowing anything must be so very devastating.

Soooo many scenarios running through my head...

So this friend's court case was supposed to happen 12/06 and was postponed a week? Was she a witness at all? Was there any danger outside of the person in prison? Is she suddenly in witness protection?

Had something happened at work that she could have gotten in trouble for, and she went missing voluntarily?

Was she seeing anybody new? Or had she just ended things with somebody that could have become volatile? Obviously police would already have all of her PMs and texts, hopefully there are bits there that have them headed in the right direction.

The drug agencies and dept. of corrections are helping aid in this search and I just cannot fathom why, which all brings me back to the witness protection theory or maybe they think she became involved with some really nasty people (cartel sorts of people), and that just seems WAY out of her character. You can smoke pot without being on a cartel level!

I am so confused. There has to be an obvious something that they're not letting out yet. Like an Uber call, or a meetup with a guy or friend, or SOMETHING. :(

Re: Something at work. In a word, "No". Danielle was in a managerial/supervisory position and was going to conduct a training session on Saturday, December 3. Clearly an indication that she wouldn't just disappear.

...Another odd piece to the puzzle is that Stislicki was scheduled to train coworkers Saturday, Dec. 3, at MetLife, but never showed up. That, too, was out of character, her parents said, as she loved her job...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...lle-is-somewhere-being-held-not-by-her-choice

this is just my perspective as a 25 year old girl... it might sound concerning for some but I'm just being honest as maybe it will help the investigation.

I partake in the occasional smoking of marijuana and when I moved to Chicago friends of mine had referred a delivery service to me (very common in Chicago) You basically tell them your address and they come over by bicycle and show you variety of pot to purchase, but they come into your house. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this existed in Detroit. I've always had friends over when I chose to buy, but what if Danielle wanted to pick up before she met her friend, she was alone, and she didn't really know the person? Even if it wasn't a delivery service, she could of just had a dealer that would deliver to her place and something went wrong? This could also explain why her purse was in the car maybe she just grabbed the cash from her wallet before going inside knowing she would be leaving shortly after.

That question was asked during the presser yesterday. Police Chief answered that they were not going to release information about possible surveillance sightings that might tip off the perpetrator(s).

Availability + ease of acquiring and reviewing surveillance cam footage is gonna depend on what route DS might've taken leaving work.

As you can see from the map below, 696 and other Michigan Freeways, including state roads that are divided highways, are blanketed with MDOT cams around SE Michigan.

If DS left work and--due to traffic on 696 at that time on a Friday--took 12 mile either west, toward home, or east, possibly toward the locus of "South Oakland" Drug activity near Evergreen and 696, the police are going to have to likely rely on private business cam footage.

And if she jumped on Telegraph to head down into the city, police are going to be hard-pressed to find/acquire useful cam footage once she got south of 8 mile.

Arrow approximately points to DS's work location:

http://i.imgur.com/hqnvA8a.png

Availability + ease of acquiring and reviewing surveillance cam footage is gonna depend on what route DS might've taken leaving work.

As you can see from the map below, 696 and other Michigan Freeways, including state roads that are divided highways, are blanketed with MDOT cams around SE Michigan.

If DS left work and--due to traffic on 696 at that time on a Friday--took 12 mile either west, toward home, or east, possibly toward the locus of "South Oakland" Drug activity near Evergreen and 696, the police are going to have to likely rely on private business cam footage.

And if she jumped on Telegraph to head down into the city, police are going to be hard-pressed to find/acquire useful cam footage once she got south of 8 mile.

Arrow approximately points to DS's work location:

http://i.imgur.com/hqnvA8a.png

I wonder how many of those MDOT surveillance cams have captured my vehicle? :D

:tyou: for the map.

Yesterday's press conference at this link for anyone who missed it or wants to re-watch:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/farmington-hills-woman-has-been-missing-since-friday

Utterly heartbreaking.

Can anyone tell me if at the time Danielle left, was it dark? I'm wondering how much of the dirty vehicle might have been viewable. I would think that's actually quite noticeable as something that would spark a memory.

I hate to put this out there, but is anyone else getting a Lauren Giddings vibe from this? I feel like someone may have been watching her or was known to her. I so hope I'm wrong.

Forgive me if I've missed information: Does anyone have any thoughts on the fact that the car was locked with her purse and belongings inside. Do we know where her car/apartment keys are? Are they also missing? Is it likely if she was just running in to get changed that she would leave her belongings in the car? And if so, were her apartment keys not in her purse? Also, does anyone know if the model of her car auto-locks after a certain amount of time?

I feel like the locked car is significant in some way. It either means she was running inside briefly and locked her belongings in the car, which seems a little reckless and against usual instincts, or she was with someone or saw someone she knew. If it was abduction from the car, I'm not sure they would bother to lock the door behind them.

If the door auto-locks after a significant amount of immobility of the car... different matter.

Or of course, the car parked there intact and locked is a plant. But... if you're going to go to that effort to detract from a crime, why leave her belongings in the car?

this is just my perspective as a 25 year old girl... it might sound concerning for some but I'm just being honest as maybe it will help the investigation.

I partake in the occasional smoking of marijuana and when I moved to Chicago friends of mine had referred a delivery service to me (very common in Chicago) You basically tell them your address and they come over by bicycle and show you variety of pot to purchase, but they come into your house. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this existed in Detroit. I've always had friends over when I chose to buy, but what if Danielle wanted to pick up before she met her friend, she was alone, and she didn't really know the person? Even if it wasn't a delivery service, she could of just had a dealer that would deliver to her place and something went wrong? This could also explain why her purse was in the car maybe she just grabbed the cash from her wallet before going inside knowing she would be leaving shortly after.

This or she decided to swing by somebody's house on the way home and this is the person responsible for her disappearance. It might make sense then that DEA is involved. If she shared texts stating she would be by to buy some weed, they'd have to be informed. And this would be a person she knew and trusted enough to stop by after dark by herself. And this would be a person who knew where she lived and knew where to return her car. They for sure are looking for video of another person with her Jeep en-route to her apartment.

Dammit. I think this is the most logical explanation.

I hope they've searched any empty apartments in the complex, as well as looked at any maintenance workers there, or anyone in a position to have a pass key to her apartment.

Was it confirmed that Danielle is a drug user [to include weed]? If not, I'm not liking the way this is going...

Utterly heartbreaking.

Can anyone tell me if at the time Danielle left, was it dark? I'm wondering how much of the dirty vehicle might have been viewable. I would think that's actually quite noticeable as something that would spark a memory.

I hate to put this out there, but is anyone else getting a Lauren Giddings vibe from this? I feel like someone may have been watching her or was known to her. I so hope I'm wrong.

Forgive me if I've missed information: Does anyone have any thoughts on the fact that the car was locked with her purse and belongings inside. Do we know where her car/apartment keys are? Are they also missing? Is it likely if she was just running in to get changed that she would leave her belongings in the car? And if so, were her apartment keys not in her purse? Also, does anyone know if the model of her car auto-locks after a certain amount of time?

I feel like the locked car is significant in some way. It either means she was running inside and locked her belongings in the car, which seems a little reckless and against usual instincts, or she was with someone or saw someone she knew. If it was abduction from the car, I'm not sure they would bother to lock the door behind them.

Of course, if the door auto-locks after a significant amount of immobility of the car... different matter.

If Danielle left work at 5:00PM, yes, it was dark enough to need headlamps and street lights. Similarly, if she arrived at her apartment at 5:00, it was dark, and exterior lighting was needed in the parking area of the building. I live in Oakland County, and it's pretty dark now.

I hope they've searched any empty apartments in the complex, as well as looked at any maintenance workers there, or anyone in a position to have a pass key to her apartment.

Exactly. That's what I was getting at when I mentioned Lauren Giddings. I feel like this was both planned and opportunistic by someone that either knew her or knew her at least in passing.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like this existed in Detroit. I've always had friends over when I chose to buy, but what if Danielle wanted to pick up before she met her friend, she was alone, and she didn't really know the person? Even if it wasn't a delivery service, she could of just had a dealer that would deliver to her place and something went wrong? This could also explain why her purse was in the car maybe she just grabbed the cash from her wallet before going inside knowing she would be leaving shortly after.

I've not heard of that around here. I think it really depends on the person, but most people I know go to the dealer's or meet somewhere and do not invite them to their home. Though in complex's like that I would wonder if they had a dealer in the building or nearby?

I commonly leave my purse in my car as a lot of things can now be paid with my phone. I'll park my car, stow my purse under the dash on the passenger side to sort of hide it from view and go do my thing. If I don't want to bring my purse and I'm unsure how quick this will be I'll throw it in my trunk. Sometimes I leave my purse and just pull out my wallet.

I usually do this for quick trips - grabbing a few things from the store on my way home from work, grabbing a coffee before work, etc.. I don't think she intended to take long doing whatever she planned on doing. My home is in a pretty safe area but I still get nervous to leave my purse in my car for too long when I drive out to the city for work - especially in my new car (her's is also a 2015). Smash and grabs are not uncommon out here so you gotta be on point with your timing if you're going to do that.

It sounds like her area was not very safe. I think her guard was down, with her being relaxed leaving her purse in a new vehicle with limited lights, and she was acquainted with whoever intercepted her that evening.

Edit: It is 5:15 and it is very dark out (Wayne County)

If Danielle left work at 5:00PM, yes, it was dark enough to need headlamps and street lights. Similarly, if she arrived at her apartment at 5:00, it was dark, and exterior lighting was needed in the parking area of the building. I live in Oakland County, and it's pretty dark now.

Thanks Bette (my favourite actress!). I'm in the UK so I wasn't sure of the light around dusk etc.

Damn it on the light though; I was hoping the dirty car would hit some memories, but that seems less hopeful now. :(

I feel like the locked car is significant in some way. It either means she was running inside briefly and locked her belongings in the car, which seems a little reckless and against usual instincts, or she was with someone or saw someone she knew. If it was abduction from the car, I'm not sure they would bother to lock the door behind them.

If the door auto-locks after a significant amount of immobility of the car... different matter.

Or of course, the car parked there intact and locked is a plant. But... if you're going to go to that effort to detract from a crime, why leave her belongings in the car?

While I do not have a Jeep I do have a 2015 vehicle. The vehicle auto locks once you go over the speed of 15 mph approx. and they unlock after the car is parked and ignition turned off.

I have to be sure to lock my car door when I get out or it remains unlocked.

And this would be a person who knew where she lived and knew where to return her car. They for sure are looking for video of another person with her Jeep en-route to her apartment.

It was noted earlier in this thread that she happened to park in a spot she preferred - rather than just any random spot available in the parking lot.

This could point towards someone who would know her really well to know where her favorite parking spot is in unassigned complex lots. Or she might have parked herself.

Exactly. That's what I was getting at when I mentioned Lauren Giddings. I feel like this was both planned and opportunistic by someone that either knew her or knew her at least in passing.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

Oh my word. I'd never heard of that case, but just looked it up. Frightening.
I was thinking about a case where a female child was lured into an empty unit by a maintenance worker and killed.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/suspect-pleads-guilty-killing-7-year-old-canton-gi/242643490

I pray it's nothing like that, and Danielle will be found well shortly.

Ok I have been kinda MIA here. First my apartment building is just as dark, and parking can be in another complex if you show up late from work. All the spots are taken. My trash bin is on the side of the building on my left. Its a long walk in the dark so I always do it in the morning. There have been so many good possibilities mentioned. Until there is more info I can't say what happened. All I can say is that I am praying and hope for a safe return soon.

Was it confirmed that Danielle is a drug user [to include weed]? If not, I'm not liking the way this is going...

Zero confirmation of any involvement with any sort of fun substances. The speculation by myself (and others) in this thread is based on:

DS having a key-chain fob thing associated with a device for surreptitiously smoking the ganja.

and

The involvement of the South Oakland special double secret drug task-force. South Oakland = Oakland county, where DS lived and worked. Tho the locus of major drug trafficking activity in South Oakland county is east of her work [Evergreen and 696], while DS lives west of her work, in Farmington Hills, where the drug activity is mostly of the retail consumption variety.

and ???

The 2nd one is the more probative, as DS could've obtained the smiley-face key-chain fob from a friend who smokes, etc. The involvement of the South Oakland drug squad suggests LE has reason to believe there's a nexus to drug activity; as I imagine the South Oakland drug task force has plenty on their plate without getting involved in a missing person case w.out a drug nexus.

Michigan has legal medical marijuana and there's an initiative to go full legal/taxed [Colorado/Washington state style] that was supposed to be on the ballot this time, but got bumped to 2018.

Even tho they are relatively easy to obtain and having one insulates a person against State/Local prosecution for simple possession, a lot of folks are uncomfortable with getting a med-weed card---the fear, i think, is it impacting insurance or employment or (not applicable in DS's case, afaik) some single parents fear it'll be used against them in custody battles. So they go black-market; which is cheaper than the official dispensaries and as plentiful as can be in SE Michigan.

I was just discussing this scenario with a friend earlier! Maintenance men are more or less in trusted positions. They usually have access to keys to all apartments. I really hope LE has scoured that apartment complex. Any possibility should be fully investigated at this point. I would hope vacant apartments as well as storage areas that residents may have access to were fully searched.

Even tho they are relatively easy to obtain and having one insulates a person against State/Local prosecution for simple possession, a lot of folks are uncomfortable with getting a med-weed card---the fear, i think, is it impacting insurance or employment or (not applicable in DS's case, afaik) some single parents fear it'll be used against them in custody battles. So they go black-market; which is cheaper than the official dispensaries and as plentiful as can be in SE Michigan.

I have a card and it is still considered illegal when trying to get SSDI. I have no clue why but they consider it illegal still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC